Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1964
Coachwork: Bristol
Chassis: Lodekka
Engine: Bristol BVW for now
Account deleted?

I was posting here a while back about my bus project and I came to login a few weeks ago to find out it was deleted. The thread exists but my posts are deleted and my account was deleted. So I tried to re-register my account using the same email and it would not accept it. Was I banned for some reason? I did not cause any problems once or ever while I was here so I can't imagine what the justification is for banning me if that happened. I tried contacting the owner of the site via email and never got a response.

I would really appreciate an explanation. Thanks.

karlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Account deleted?

Many were deleted. It was due to the spam and them trying to weed out the spammers. You probably had a gmail email address?

Brutus
JakeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 3126
Rated Cap: 72

I had an account with my gmail address and I got deleted too. I had to get a new account with a non gmail address. Very frustrating.

visvi Cherokee for Journey, Sounds Like Oeesha

https://thejourneyvisvi.com/

My Conversion Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=464989
wmkbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #4

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlw
I was posting here a while back about my bus project and I came to login a few weeks ago to find out it was deleted. The thread exists but my posts are deleted and my account was deleted. So I tried to re-register my account using the same email and it would not accept it. Was I banned for some reason? I did not cause any problems once or ever while I was here so I can't imagine what the justification is for banning me if that happened. I tried contacting the owner of the site via email and never got a response.

I would really appreciate an explanation. Thanks.

We decided we didn't like you and we're going to have some fun by deleting all your stuff. Just kidding. Even some longtime members had their accounts deleted. It sucks reading a thread when the first post says, "That's a great idea, I'll have to try that" and you have no idea what they're talking about.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1964
Coachwork: Bristol
Chassis: Lodekka
Engine: Bristol BVW for now

Yeah, I got an email from an admin and they explained that it was spam. Wish I was around during that time I could have probably helped out a lot and saved the accounts from being deleted. I do web design, database and programming.
Oh well, I am grateful I wasn't booted out for some reason. I have been on enough forums that I don't bother reading the rules when I accept them during registration and thought that maybe I broke a rule I didn't read.

Thanks for the responses everybody.
karlw is offline   Reply With Quote