Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #1

Question Advice Needed- Another "How must rust is TOO much rust" post

Hello wonderful folks of the skoolie community! I'm in the market for a mid-sized bus to fully convert and I think I might have found one... except that it has a lot of rust. This bus is from MA and so are we, and we are looking around the NE area despite rust worries because we really want to be able to see a bus in person and not have to drive a long distance with a bus we know almost nothing about. I went to check out this bus in person this weekend (only the outside unfortunately, since we could only go on a weekend and with it being from a school district no one was around to give us keys) and it looked a lot like surface rust, and my dad (lives in a coach bus and owns construction equipment) says that it does look a little scary but says it's nothing to really worry about, it can be fixed without that much work + $$.

Do you agree?? I'm a little worried about it, it looks bad to me but we did poke around with screwdriver and nothing seemed "soft" like some posts about rust were saying to check for. Please let me know what you think about it! This bus would be a great size for us and checks a lot of our boxes, and if it's in our budget we'd love to get it and start work on it ASAP.

Photo gallery can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/iDEUIRZ, let me know if you can't view them or if I should try to upload them another way. Also let me know if you see any other red flags, I'm extremely new to this process!

P.S. I know the door has a lot of rust but we would want to put in a new door anyway.

Thanks in advance!

regina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inspection, inspection new england, rust, shortie