Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2020, 03:44 PM   #41
Skoolie

Reading this thread makes me wonder.

With all the "Know It Alls" posting all the reasons why they would not work for Amazon makes it sounds like they actually know what they are talking about. Somehow I doubt it!

After reading all the comments NOT ONE of those folks spreading the Amazon hate makes any mention of them ever working for Amazon in any capacity at any level yet they sure think they know everything about Amazon.

Given that observation why do you think anyone else would care what you "THINK" about Amazon and this offer of employment when in reality you have NO personal employment experience with Amazon? All you have is your opinion of Amazon or what you have been told by others who may be just like you like spreading the Amazon hate

This offer from Amazon may just the opportunity that keeps some some folks going this year. Just because YOU don't need the work doesn't mean this opportunity just might be difference in making it this year for the the folks camped right next to ya.

Think about it before turning yourself into the morning TV news anchor who just like you is spreading the hate! No I don't work for Amazon or give a rats patuty about Amazon or your opinion of Amazon.

Go out and spread some LUV with this employment opportunity to other Skoolies and full time RVer's where this opportunity might make a real difference in their lives!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:52 PM   #42
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9 24v
Rated Cap: 54 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
Reading this thread makes me wonder.

With all the "Know It Alls" posting all the reasons why they would not work for Amazon makes it sounds like they actually know what they are talking about. Somehow I doubt it!

After reading all the comments NOT ONE of those folks spreading the Amazon hate makes any mention of them ever working for Amazon in any capacity at any level yet they sure think they know everything about Amazon.

Given that observation why do you think anyone else would care what you "THINK" about Amazon and this offer of employment when in reality you have NO personal employment experience with Amazon? All you have is your opinion of Amazon or what you have been told by others who may be just like you like spreading the Amazon hate

This offer from Amazon may just the opportunity that keeps some some folks going this year. Just because YOU don't need the work doesn't mean this opportunity just might be difference in making it this year for the the folks camped right next to ya.

Think about it before turning yourself into the morning TV news anchor who just like you is spreading the hate! No I don't work for Amazon or give a rats patuty about Amazon or your opinion of Amazon.

Go out and spread some LUV with this employment opportunity to other Skoolies and full time RVer's where this opportunity might make a real difference in their lives!
Well I do contract delivery work for Amazon. I know exactly what the warehouse experience is in this area at least. They just finally built a new warehouse after spending two years in a giant tent with no ac. The old place was a bumpy dirt road that floods. We would load our cars outside, in the rain or in the 98 degree heat. They had porta pottys and trailers for offices.

The new place is nice though.

Anyway, sorry I'm a know it all and have an opinion while you're a... know nothing, I guess? Was that your point? With your own opinion.

Bezos made an extra twenty four billion dollars this past few months. And gets that tax free. seems like he could maybe pay a little more than the bare minimum to those who actually earn him those millions, rather than exploit the retirees and seasonal workers.
JDSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:47 PM   #43
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSquared View Post
Bezos made an extra twenty four billion dollars this past few months. And gets that tax free. seems like he could maybe pay a little more than the bare minimum to those who actually earn him those millions, rather than exploit the retirees and seasonal workers.
The original post has NOTHING to do with Bezos.

The original post and my response to original post has everything to do with an opportunity for WORK that some folks may very much need which I supported.

That's not an opinion that's FACT!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:52 PM   #44
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International RE
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
The original post has NOTHING to do with Bezos.

The original post and my response to original post has everything to do with an opportunity for WORK that some folks may very much need which I supported.

That's not an opinion that's FACT!
Its all about generating hatred and envy towards the successful to push for their brand of policy. Everything is either Peter Pan or David versus Goliath in their view.

Don't even bother.
kazetsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:09 PM   #45
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazetsukai View Post
Its all about generating hatred and envy towards the successful to push for their brand of policy. Everything is either Peter Pan or David versus Goliath in their view.

Don't even bother.
I said my brother-in-law worked a similiar job at a UPS warehouse, and it killed him. So I dunno how desperate you have to be to work in a coal mine that might kill you.

If you need some money, be sure to go straight to a payday lender and give them your bus title, because that would be great advice.

Or you could do something else? Like a camp host, carve forest wood and sell on ebay, make pottery, install solar for other campers, teach english to kids, and about 2000 other jobs that are better.

Jobs that are bad are always trying to hire more people..to replace everyone that always quits, if you've been around and paying attention you would understand that.
BeNimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:17 PM   #46
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNimble View Post
I said my brother-in-law worked a similiar job at a UPS warehouse, and it killed him. So I dunno how desperate you have to be to work in a coal mine that might kill you.
Spare me the melodrama. Its over the top ridiculous and manipulative.

Quote:
If you need some money, be sure to go straight to a payday lender and give them your bus title, because that would be great advice.
False equivalence. There's no room for nuance or reason because you're going straight for emotion.

Quote:
Or you could do something else? Like a camp host, carve forest wood and sell on ebay, make pottery, install solar for other campers, teach english to kids, and about 2000 other jobs that are better.
"Better"- Your opinion, that not everybody shares. I don't think any more or less of janitors, office workers, couriers or business people.

Quote:
Jobs that are bad are always trying to hire more people..to replace everyone that always quits, if you've been around and paying attention you would understand that.
Right, there are almost always greener pastures no matter where one goes. Some people are happy where they work, some move up, some make poor choices. Those people can judge for themselves, we don't need you to tell us what to think or lecturing us for receiving packages.

Oh the sanctimony. The preaching and endless lecturing. Give me a break.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:20 PM   #47
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Winnebago
Chassis: Ford F53
Engine: Ford Triton V-10
Rated Cap: currently 2
So am I to understand that the cancel culture mentality has permeated this forum and now no one is allowed to express an opinion unless they possess the virtue of personal experience with the topic at hand? Because that's what this topic is beginning to sound like. There is plenty of documented grievance within the Amazon labor force regarding the working conditions but it sounds like it's only allowed to be mentioned by those who've personally seen it first hand.

It is definitely the individual's choice to decide for themselves if this work-for-boarding situation is right for them and I don't think anyone would chastise them if they come to that decision responsibly informed. I do think however that it is irresponsible to deny there's a potentially serious concern with the workload and conditions which may be required and once engaged some might feel obligated to continue because it's their only option. I won't say that many of Amazon's practices seem to prey on this vulnerability within the workforce but it doesn't take a lot of research to discover how shitty they treat many of their employees and contractors simply because they can get away with it.

Quite frankly, if I'm honest about this whole camperforce thing it sounds like it does two things for Amazon - first, it attracts people from outside of a region to work in an Amazon facility that should be able to be staffed locally but probably cannot because the locals are already aware of the squalid conditions, and second the people who arrive under the terms of this arrangement may not be in a position to sever the arrangement which essentially indentures them to Amazon in much the same way as early industrial tycoons structured their company towns to keep employees from ever being able to afford to quit the job. Or am I the only one whose ever read American history and recalls the factors leading to the Pullman Strike which threatened to bring this nation to it's knees in the early 20th century. No doubt a throttling of Amazon's productivity in a similar way would have much the same effect on our economy.
Sehnsucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:27 PM   #48
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Winnebago
Chassis: Ford F53
Engine: Ford Triton V-10
Rated Cap: currently 2
I will also add that these are video testimonial from people who've done the program...

https://youtu.be/MVFJk-t1hIQ

https://youtu.be/HDvGEt1XIow

https://youtu.be/B_Waahlu9VQ

What I will say if you haven't click on them yet is these are NOT retirees, they're much younger than many of us.
Sehnsucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:27 PM   #49
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehnsucht View Post
So am I to understand that the cancel culture mentality has permeated this forum and now no one is allowed to express an opinion unless they possess the virtue of personal experience with the topic at hand? Because that's what this topic is beginning to sound like.
Criticizing sanctimonious preaching and shaming of the consumer for its irrelevancy is not cancel culture. Cancel culture involves the mob going after you, your family, and your employer in an attempt to ruin your life. Criticism on a forum about the content of a post being irrelevant and insufferably preachy is not even _remotely_ comparable.

I agree with virtually everything else you said, and nice links showing actual testimonials.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:25 PM   #50
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9 24v
Rated Cap: 54 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehnsucht View Post
So am I to understand that the cancel culture mentality has permeated this forum and now no one is allowed to express an opinion unless they possess the virtue of personal experience with the topic at hand? Because that's what this topic is beginning to sound like. There is plenty of documented grievance within the Amazon labor force regarding the working conditions but it sounds like it's only allowed to be mentioned by those who've personally seen it first hand.

It is definitely the individual's choice to decide for themselves if this work-for-boarding situation is right for them and I don't think anyone would chastise them if they come to that decision responsibly informed. I do think however that it is irresponsible to deny there's a potentially serious concern with the workload and conditions which may be required and once engaged some might feel obligated to continue because it's their only option. I won't say that many of Amazon's practices seem to prey on this vulnerability within the workforce but it doesn't take a lot of research to discover how shitty they treat many of their employees and contractors simply because they can get away with it.

Quite frankly, if I'm honest about this whole camperforce thing it sounds like it does two things for Amazon - first, it attracts people from outside of a region to work in an Amazon facility that should be able to be staffed locally but probably cannot because the locals are already aware of the squalid conditions, and second the people who arrive under the terms of this arrangement may not be in a position to sever the arrangement which essentially indentures them to Amazon in much the same way as early industrial tycoons structured their company towns to keep employees from ever being able to afford to quit the job. Or am I the only one whose ever read American history and recalls the factors leading to the Pullman Strike which threatened to bring this nation to it's knees in the early 20th century. No doubt a throttling of Amazon's productivity in a similar way would have much the same effect on our economy.
I don't know even with personal experience it seems my opinion is discounted just as quickly by those same members.
JDSquared is offline   Reply With Quote