Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Any Skoolies in Salt Lake City??

Are there any skoolies here in the Salt Lake City valley?

Helllooooo!? *cups ear and waits for echo*

Well, I haven’t seen any, so they must not exist (that’s the easiest way to think…) But I don’t believe that to be true. I can’t be the only one with “the bug”… I can’t be the only one with neighbors who just shake their heads in silent scorn who think I’m wasting a Sunday working on this mess when I could be in a stuffy building all day doing a Deity ritual, with old bearded guys in crappy sedans pulling up along side to flash a peace sign and grin a big toothless grin (Happens a lot!) Where… are… my… “classmates”?

If you do exist, if you wish to share a shady spot in the park and talk rust and renovation, plan road trips and tell travel lies, get a hold of me here and let’s get a burger. No one gives better advice or more honest critique than some one who has actually busted their knuckles and spent their kids’ college fund on a common idea.

If you are just passing through still contact me!

Incidentally, I have started priming and superficial bodywork, and The Big LeBUSki looks to be in scary shape (to the average viewer), but it means we are on our way to a sexy coat of fresh color… and some awesome external additions. I am an artist by profession, a collector of unusual ideas, and a guy who wants something different… so TBL will be unique! If I can I’ll post pics,

•I will also post many of the fun or original BUS NAME IDEAS that I come up with: Free to whoever wants to co-opt it!

Today’s names:
BUSsel Sprouts (and paint her light green)
IncuBUS
SuccuBUS
Tard Barge (my wife hates that one)
Bus Ta’Move

toplessartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
Almost There

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: MBE 904
I don't have one yet, but I'm in the market. My van finally sold and I'm going on vacation mid july so I need to get something soon. I'm over by sugar house. For the past year and a half I've been living full time in my van. Now I'm staying with my g/f until october. She's going to join so I want something a bit bigger.
Gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:03 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I hope you can find one in time! I found mine on KSL and there were 5 others at the time, all of vary different years and styles. If you find one feel free to get ahold of me and I'll give you whatever pearls of wisdom I can muster...

I'm in Murray but pass thru and hang out in SH a lot.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:23 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 93
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 idi
Haha tard barge is hilarious. I'll come hang out, do you have a spot i can park the bus?
Greatestrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:24 PM   #5
Skoolie

Year: 93
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 idi
If i had a short bus that would definitely be the name of it
Greatestrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Just how long is your bus? I have limited driveway space (which is why a Shorty was the way to go for me)... but I'd clear it out and you could certainly park her there if you found your way to my neck of the nape! I would have to move the wife's car, the horse trailer, and the Yukon, but I live in a cul-de-sac so I can street park 'em all!@ Come on by we'll cook up some chicken and ice down a few beers!
Old 07-02-2017, 08:19 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

... and I agree.. Tard Barge is the greatest name ever for a short bus... but we live in a world where every other person is covered in scrotum skin and everything around them is "too sharp"... so apparently we mustn't say pointed things...
Old 07-03-2017, 12:45 AM   #8

Year: 1985
Chassis: Crown Supercoach
Engine: Cummins 855 (300 HP)
Rated Cap: 92 Passenger
Lehi!

Howdy!

I'm converting a 40' 1985 Crown Supercoach. I'm located in Lehi for the next year, but need to relocate next June. I work in Salt Lake, so we hope to find a place with room for our bus.

I call our bus Rosa, but the wife doesn't like it. We just raised the roof 18', but we have a lot of work ahead of us.
takoisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Hey Takoism! Let's keep in touch... would love to see the bus and test my vertical leap inside! ha
Old 09-22-2019, 12:04 PM   #10

Year: 2007
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: BE 200
Engine: Navistar VT365
Rated Cap: 24
Talking Skooligan in SLC looking for her squad!

Hey people!

I realize this thread is 2 years old, but I'm in the SLC valley and embarking on my short bus build! Would love to meet some others - especially those further along - to get some tips, share love/horror stories and maybe crack a beer with!

Cheers,
Tiff
Tiffanitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:57 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Hey all! Sorry to revive an old post. Just wanted to throw my hat into the Salt Lake area skoolie people. Would love to start a group for us or join one if there is one and start connecting!
alpedfam is offline   Reply With Quote