Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2022, 04:51 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Anybody in Maine know Diesels?

I am trying to figure out how to get my bus started. It never had any issues firing up before but somebody stole my toolboxes and pulled on my heater 🤬 so now that metal is bent... I don't know if they did anything else that would **** with it starting up but even replaced the batteries with brand new ones and all it does is rev a bit when I turn the key, doesn't catch and start. I would love to find somebody nearby to look at it (Belfast, ME) but have had no luck so far. I don't even know how to find a mechanic to come out, I tried googling diesel mechanic but am just finding regular car places... I need somebody who does buses and can come out to me... Any ideas how I find someone if there isn't anyone here who could come?

LadyHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 09:23 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom 40'
Engine: DDECII 6V92T Allison MT647
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs of potential
Mobile mechanics can be hard to find. Sometimes you can find someone with a day-job that is willing to moonlight after work.

One way to start is to ask friends for references. Maybe you use Facebook?

Look into the local truck repair shops, truck tire shops and ask them if they know anyone who may work on-the-side.
A real quick look on the web turned up very few hits, but you might try calling K&K Enterprises In Waldo- 722-3986
His Facebook profile has a picture of a bus and several diesel rigs.
I do not know him or his work but they are nearby and a phone call is easy enough. If he says 'no', still ask him for any referral he might make.
Best of luck.

Rich
Phantom5824 is offline   Reply With Quote