Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Anybody in Virginia/Maryland have land?

Well this is a long shot but here goes. Anybody got any land in the DMV area where I could park my bus for a month while I wait for Vermont to come through? I just went to the DMV for temporary tags and the earliest you can get an appointment is February 2021, due to COVID-19.

I could pay you what I was going to pay my RV Storage Facility, which is $135/month. Unless Vermont doesn't come through, a month is all I need.

JacobFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:24 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner
Engine: CAT 3126E210
Rated Cap: 33,050 pounds
Let me check with my dad, we might can help you out for a month.

Are you far from Parksley, VA? We're about a mile or so from there.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Heyy, thanks for the offer! Sorry for late reply. Man looks like you got some awesome land out there right by the water but yea unfortunately I’m over 3 hours away.

I’m about to drive it with no plates to a nearby RV storage facility. That’s looking to be my only option. COVID-19 has rendered my government completely nonfunctional in the DMV department, it’s insane.

Let me print a paper tag online, you know?
Old 09-06-2020, 11:25 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFerguson View Post
Heyy, thanks for the offer! Sorry for late reply. Man looks like you got some awesome land out there right by the water but yea unfortunately I’m over 3 hours away.

I’m about to drive it with no plates to a nearby RV storage facility. That’s looking to be my only option. COVID-19 has rendered my government completely nonfunctional in the DMV department, it’s insane.

Let me print a paper tag online, you know?
I wouldn't worry about registration getting it to storage. With Covid delaying everything LEO should understand. The most important thing is make sure you have insurance when you drive it. I've put over 6k miles on buses in the last 2 years with no tags, no issues. Don't print up anything that is not legit, that would be a worse offense than having nothing.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:30 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I wouldn't worry about registration getting it to storage. With Covid delaying everything LEO should understand. The most important thing is make sure you have insurance when you drive it. I've put over 6k miles on buses in the last 2 years with no tags, no issues. Don't print up anything that is not legit, that would be a worse offense than having nothing.
Honestly, that makes me feel a whole lot better haha. Cause that's what I'm getting ready to do. I'm planning to drive it no tags to Lowe's for something, and then straight to the lot after hours maybe 7pm - 9pm (2 hour drive)... mostly interstate driving.

I do have insurance, which was another pain to get in my region.

6k miles with no tags haha. That is good to know.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Quote:
Honestly, that makes me feel a whole lot better haha. Cause that's what I'm getting ready to do. I'm planning to drive it no tags to Lowe's for something, and then straight to the lot after hours maybe 7pm - 9pm (2 hour drive)... mostly interstate driving.

I do have insurance, which was another pain to get in my region.

6k miles with no tags haha. That is good to know.
Drove one from Butte, Mt. to Seattle and then on to Atl. Another from Beaverton, Or. to Atl. and one from St Louis to Atl. Buses are basically invisible on the highway, no one pays attention to them.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:02 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Drove one from Butte, Mt. to Seattle and then on to Atl. Another from Beaverton, Or. to Atl. and one from St Louis to Atl. Buses are basically invisible on the highway, no one pays attention to them.
Lol, yea I think especially if you wait to paint it and keep it yellow. People will probably think I'm a bus driver or something.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Quote:
Lol, yea I think especially if you wait to paint it and keep it yellow. People will probably think I'm a bus driver or something.
You really have to drive like an idiot on the highway to get noticed.