Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 8.2L Detroit Diesel
Rated Cap: 54
Anyone drive a bus for a living?

I am applying to be a school bus driver. I think I would really enjoy it, and I already have experience driving my bus. In fact, I've taken my bus places that most people wouldn't imagine--through fields, ditches, and the woods--so I should be able to do well on the roads. I should also mention that I've had to pull my bus out of the muck several times with a tractor, and even a bulldozer once. I will include that on my resume.

Anyhow, I am wondering if anyone else here drives a bus for a living, and how do you like it? Any tips, suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam

arfisher83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350
Re: Anyone drive a bus for a living?

well,i have owned my bus for a year and a half and i have not drove it out on the street YETBut i have had vehicles longer than that brfore i drove them.But im getting mighty impatient......
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfisher83
I am applying to be a school bus driver. I think I would really enjoy it, and I already have experience driving my bus. In fact, I've taken my bus places that most people wouldn't imagine--through fields, ditches, and the woods--so I should be able to do well on the roads. I should also mention that I've had to pull my bus out of the muck several times with a tractor, and even a bulldozer once. I will include that on my resume.
Are you sure that'd look good on a resume?

"Hrm, it says here you've driven into fields, ditches, and the woods. Wow....you've had to be towed out with a tractor and a bulldozer? You do realize we're wanting someone who can stay ON the road, right? Ok, don't call us, we'll...um...yeah."
josetann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40

Pretty sure....um....yeah ...that was... the ...point he was conveying yo! But yeah just get out and learn how to drive the bus without endangering anyone or having to go through the redundant trials the "man" has set up for the less than capable masses! If you can do ditches and muck sans tha bulldozer then you can at least deal with east of the mighty mississip. Pretty sure that putting it on your resume as if there is a resume situation for skoolin is justa way of jokin' about resume'in'!
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote