Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66
Re: Anyone here actually *live* full-time in a bus?

Yep, I do! The only time I'm not in it is when I'm at my day job, working on the exterior or running errands.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:40 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
Yep, I do! The only time I'm not in it is when I'm at my day job, working on the exterior or running errands.
I'm jealous...

No really I am.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:23 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

I love it, although I'll love it even more if I can ever get it finished! Just too much to do that prevents much progress on the conversion. It'll be done someday, but it's still fun to live in it as-is!
Old 07-31-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19

Yes, 1 year as of August 1.

We lived for the first 8 months in Arizona (Flagstaff area and Why [near Ajo]), 3 months in Utah (Panguitch lake), a week in New Mexico (various locations in the north), and are now near Cripple Creek, Colorado.

We maintain a PO box in Flagstaff and have stuff forwarded every week or so, and have a small storage unit there also.

Sean
Old 08-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

We live full time in our bus with our 3 children. We are missionaries on the road and we love having our home with us. We mived in fulltime on July52006. We've no house/storage anywhere. Everything we have is in our bus. During the summers we have my husbands two daughters as well for about 6 weeks. It gets a little crowded with all 7 of us but its just 6 weeks. Being that it was going to be our full time hom and we have 3 smalkl kids we also built in 2 bedrooms which is different than most. I have noticed most of the skoolies have a bedroom and bunks. I insisted on a bedroom for the kids though. They are currently 4, 2 and 1. They need a room of there own....I need them to have a room of there own. We just redesigned over half of it though. We learned from some of our design flaws and corrected them. Next venture will be to attempt to install a slide out. Actually we would like 3 if we can. That should be an adventure.
himem777 is offline   Reply With Quote