Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2022, 09:20 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Anyone in the Chicago area? I'll be trying to start a Lone Star bus on Thursday.

Hi all,

I'm flying to Chicago this week to help one of the many Lone Star Skoolie customers. She had to have her bus towed from San Antonio to Chicago, where she got it repaired by Rush Truck Center. I read the Rush invoices and it looks like they did a thorough job (to the tune of $11,000) and the bus was then driven to its current spot. Unfortunately, the landlord is insisting the bus be moved or he'll have it towed...and the owner cannot get it started.

I'm guessing either gelled fuel (it probably still has Texas diesel) or loss of prime or maybe low batteries or maybe it needs some heat.

If any of you fine folks are in the area and want to assist...or just watch me and laugh...I'll be there this coming Thursday the 27th.

Be well, all! Ross

rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:48 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT 466 Mech. Spicer 5 speed
Rated Cap: 34
Between the tow bill and the Rush Truck Center bill-- you can stay at the Holiday Inn for a long time. These nightmare stories are just that-- nightmares....

If I was up there-- I would certainly be willing to hold a flashlight or do something.

You are a good guy Ross.
PorchDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 08:15 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchDog View Post
Between the tow bill and the Rush Truck Center bill-- you can stay at the Holiday Inn for a long time. These nightmare stories are just that-- nightmares....

If I was up there-- I would certainly be willing to hold a flashlight or do something.

You are a good guy Ross.
Thanks, PD! And...an update. The poor lady who owns this bus called me this morning, all stressed out and in tears. She said that she couldn't accept my offer of free help because all her friends told her, "people don't help other people like that." She was worried she was getting scammed again. Not only did Lone Star Skoolie provide sub-par service for lots of money, but they killed her dream and trust.

So, I was able to cancel my flight this morning.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote