Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2004, 08:04 AM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Never write off anything by Henson. My teens & I love Farscape and most anything by the Jim Henson Company. We like to go to movies and look for Henson Creature Shop creations (Although I'm the one who realized the owls in the first Harry Potter movie were Henson creations.... reminded me of the owl in Labyrinth). When the last show said "To be continued" at the end of the season, I figured that they would shift over to making movies not a miniseries. The mimiseries format may allow them to craft even better scripts and complex characters. If you like Farscape you may also like the StoryTeller series and The Dark Crystal (both on DVD along with Labyrinth). We love to watch movies to find old familar Henson characters and many turned up on Farscape in various roles both small and large (like the old trash lady and many of the "demons" from Labyrinth and little critters from The Dark Crystal). Some are overhauled to look different but we tend to recognize them. Saw a radically overhauled version of the Skeksis from the Dark Crystal on a show but don't think it was Farscape... may have been. Great fun! A series must keep the Henson creature shop running full tilt when you stop to consider how much work they do for movies. And the creatures they create are very complicated and required specialized workers. So many of the "animals" that you see in movies are actually Henson creatures when it involves the actors interacting with them.

Favourite Farscape episode.... The Roadrunner/Wiley Coyote spoof. We also enjoy the jokes & references to Henson related stuff. Can't wait for the season to turn up on DVD...

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
Bus Geek

No, People like us need to become more vocal! Personally I hate the reality shows. As far as Survivor.... Those folks would die in 3 days time. It's not about survival (which I thought it was), it's about high school type cliques and back stabbing and people running around naked who really should keep their clothes on. The only "reality" show that I have seen that I liked was "The Mole" (darn, I didn't guess who the mole was!) and something called Eco-Trek or Eco-Challange where Teams worked TOGETHER for a common goal and good sportsmanship was in evidence.

I watch A&E, 2 or 3 shows on SciFi, 2 or 3 shows on WB, Bravo (can't miss Cirque de Soile sp?), some PBS, Weather Channel, Discovery Channel and History Channel. And movies that I buy. I didn't bother to get the Network channels unscrambled on my C-Band dish since we don't watch anyway.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:09 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Our power when out at the time of Farscape (Oh FRELL!). But my Daughter taped the episode in NC. Our C-Band sat dish has been tipped and twisted by the weather while gone so our tracking is all skewed so no TV until I find someone to come up and fix it (not a priority except for the Farscape thing). With both episodes on Tape, we get to watch it as often as we want. Gotta get seasons 1 thru 4 on DVD

My kids love the word Frell and use it every chance they get. Could be worse words.

Like I said... Don't underestimate Henson. I remember when Jim Henson took on PBS/Sesame Street over his Muppet Characters and lost the rights to part of them. He said he would never lose his creations again. Apparently the kids remember the mess and the lesson their Dad learned.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:46 PM   #4

The Trekies have kept Startrek alive for over 35 years or so.Scapers need to do the same frilling thing.
dwhkdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:02 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
Never liked Farscape. By far, my favorite Sci-Fi Channel show was First Wave. I also liked Sliders (well, until the last season).

No more cable, though--I rarely watched it.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:52 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Another show that was cancelled then revived due to fan support is Family Guy which is due to to return to Fox in May! I cant wait!
University of South Florida

The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
-Theodore Roosevelt
frey2 is offline   Reply With Quote