Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: 2003 Thomas E-350 shorty
Chassis: E350
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 24
Banned!

The other day while reading messages on a Yahoo group....... I read a really insane post that was quite disparaging of Skoolie.net, speaking of trolls and other such nonsense. I replied stating I was a member here, and thought there are a lot of nice helpful folks here. Of course my post never made it to the group. Don't know if that alone got me banned, or if it was my closing comment "someone needs to take their meds". No great loss, that group really is not useful nor informative, especially with the resource I have here. Please let me stay!!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Banned!

I can't stand to use the Yahoo message board set-up, it's way to antiquated to be useful.
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

What were they saying about skoolie.net?
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Skoolie

Well Steve, I'm banned, so I can't go back to re-read. The moderator, we all know who I'm talking about, replied to another's question. He stated that Skoolie.net is full of trolls who stole his membership list, in early days Skoolie members started arguments (something like that) on his group, things like that. The folks here are unimaginative, and can't do a proper skoolie conversion. He is the original, and still best school bus conversion forum, and all the others stole from and copied him. It really was ranting, illogical and seemed to be a textbook case of paranoid-schizophrenic behavior.
In my reply, I said I didn't care who did what or stole what. Said I am a member here, and I felt this site had quite a few nice, helpful folks and offered useful information. And then, yes in typical Scorpio fashion I added the "someone needs to take their meds" ending.

After I was banned, I sent a message to Yahoo suggesting they add an external moderator to that group, explaining why I felt it was a good idea.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

It doesn't seem to do any good to complain. I contacted the Yahoo people and sent them copies of posts. I'm pretty sure they just sent the emails to the trash. I dislike how I have to wade thru the theads to find relevant posts on any of the Yahoo groups. It seems very amateurish.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

Smitty you would be banned in a second.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Heh, that guy Arkycajun is something else.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside... NOT! The folks on this forum might argue with you a little and they will disagree with you. But mostly, they will take what you post, put their own spin on it, someone else will tweak it a little more and you can end up with something that will work tremendously well for you (or someone else). They don't call you an idiot or worse... okay sometimes they will call you an idiot but they mean well. We all have bad days. I suspect most of us on this board have been run off by that Yahoo group. It's no great loss. I think there is better info on the forum because you can post an idea and you get so many others working on it and giving their opinions and experiences. All that without getting terribly insulted. Works for me.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48

I still think it is funny how he thinks he is totally responsible for being able to insure skoolies. Mine was initally converted over 15 years ago....and registration and insurance was no problem. If there was only one way to properly convert a skoolie, someone would be making money on it instead of all of them being home-built conversions. And there would be a skoolie building code that would have to be followed. Idiot! And just for fun....Arkie, I think you missed your meds again!!!
jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
...Without lowering my standards to visit his "group", I'd be interested in seeing pics of his bus.....anyone ever seen it?
It is a beauty! Any private campground should be proud to have him there. In fact I am so impressed, I may have to go join his Yahoos. It is called Yahoo Groups for a reason isn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
arkie1.jpg  
Old 05-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Geez....to hear him spout-off, you'd think he'd have something to rival a Prevost

Smitty
Or at least be smart enough to mount the solar panels to the ROOF where they would get more sunlight and not get smashed by one of the many people he has pissed off!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:47 AM   #12
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

OH NO OCCASIONALLY SOMEONE EMAILS OUR POSTS TO HIM he is gonna see this and **** his pants
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:08 AM   #13
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuk
OH NO OCCASIONALLY SOMEONE EMAILS OUR POSTS TO HIM he is gonna see this and **** his pants
Crap! I might finally get banned! Unless......he takes his meds first!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #14
Skoolie

Yep. The posts that clementw copied for us is the one I responded to, and got me banned. I really tried to be nice, except for the "take your meds" closing. I found that group when I first got a Skoolie, but never found it all that useful. I still however checked posts on a regular basis, just to see what turned up. That's a few moments of my life I can now devote to alternate wasteful activity!! Glad to have provided some entertainment for you all!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
Bus Nut

I still think it is 'creative' of him to think that without his 'hospitality' as he calls it, skoolies would not be accepted anywhere by anyone. I am not sure what he thinks his group has done for the acceptance of skoolies. I have never heard of his group involved in any political agendas or having deals with insurance companies. I would be laughed at if I told my insurance company not to worry because I built my conversion according to the advice of a group of people who discuss best practices online through Yahoo Groups. I am sure they would give me a great discount and waive any inspections because I followed the Skoolie Code. Maybe Arkie needs to start his own trade skool (pun indended) and provide graduates with certification of competence! Then we could see Licenced Skoolie Converters out there who will save us all from the deathtraps that we have all created. Hell, he could even create a National College of Registered Skoolie Converters to enforce the Licencing and competence of its members. Then he could get all the campgrounds to allow his 'Professionally built' skoolies to stay in their areas. The insurance companies could get involved too and issue underwriters certification for all the skoolies built by a registered and licenced skoolie converter. Maybe then he could build a campus on the moon and fly people back and forth in his '70s B700 that he converted to a starship! Or we could all join him on his great skoolie in the sky that travels in the tail of Haley's Comet!!! Oh wait, that has been done already.... It could be travelling in the tail of another comet. (Yes, a reference to riding someone else's coat tails). I think we are all too smart to actually think he is right, it is just too bad that not everyone has the computer savvy it takes to do a complete internet search, weed out the crazies, and find the best information. But then again, our membership numbers would explode if that happened. And who knows...we aren't REQUIRED to register just to read the information. We actually allow people to see what they are dealing with before giving up a bunch of information, no secrets here.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:49 AM   #16
Bus Nut

Minor search on google for his name has brought up some stuff...

I love the first reply here: http://www.rv-coach.com/current_cate...read_full.html
Quote:
Re: SKOOLIE and GREASEBUS resources Andy 10-15-05
You going to run everyone out of that group too?
Find the Scary pictures...http://www.flickr.com/photos/skoolie/page4/

Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #17
Bus Nut

Hehe, that's not much of a "Skoolie" when compared to all of his raving
Old 06-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #18

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

In honor of the Great Master himself, I have decided to change my avatar.

Just for you bus-ted.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
Skoolie

Year: 1978
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: ford
Engine: 406 Ford
Rated Cap: 25

Very fitting, indeed! Ha- what a mug Arkajun has. He's kinda all over the place it would seem from his pictures. (wands?- didn't imagine him the type)
You picked a good one... he could play Hunter Thompson if another movie's ever made.
bus-ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #20

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

What a buffoon he is.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote