Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2020, 09:33 PM   #81
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchorossa View Post
It's a diesel bus. You're going to put money into at some point. I'd just rather pay more upfront and be driving it than pay bottom dollar and be working on it all the time. Yep, I had a 6.0, worst engine ever.
Yes!! This is exactly how I feel about it. Neither myself nor my boyfriend are mechanically inclined. So, we know we will have to spend money on repairs, etc. So, we're really trying to pick "the best bus" to start out with.

Tony_108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:49 PM   #82
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_108 View Post
Well, I'm back! Lol Had a little hiatus...

I have read through all the posts and think I'm caught up now! Thank you, everyone, for all of the information!

I do plan on having a mechanic check out the bus before I purchase, whenever that is. The public auctions don't seem to have a lot to offer right now, and the ones that are decent start getting into crazy prices!

I am looking for a mid-size bus (6- windows, so it gets a little harder to find those with decent options. I check AAA Bus Sales in AZ everyday! But, they don't seem to have a lot of inventory coming through, and most of the buses they list are large buses, or real short ones.

I have come across a couple of 1999 or 2000 Blue Bird buses, with a Cummins 5.9 and AT 545. In reading about this combo, it could be a little underpowered for mountains, etc. But, everything I have read about that was for full-sized buses. Maybe in a shorter bus this would be okay? What do you think?

My search still contines! Lol Everyday...Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, AAA Bus Sales, Google, Ebay, and on and on and on...

Hope everyone is doing well!
***1990 or 1991*** Blue Bird, not 1999 or 2000

Geesh! I can't get it right tonight!
Tony_108 is offline   Reply With Quote