Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Re: British Panel Clears Climate Scientists

Quote:
There is now a desperate effort afoot by assorted climate alarmists to explain away the revelations of the incriminating e-mails leaked last year from the University of East Anglia (UEA). A concerted whitewash campaign is in full swing to save the IPCC and its questionable conclusion that the warming of the last thirty years is anthropogenic. But ongoing investigations so far have avoided the real issue, namely whether the reported warming is genuine or a manufactured result by scientists in England and the United States who manipulated temperature data.

Quote:
By now, Phil Jones of the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) should require no introduction, so let’s get right to it. In a BBC Q&A and corresponding interview released Friday, the discredited Climategate conspirator revealed a number of surprising insights into his true climate beliefs, the most shocking of which was that 20th-century global warming may not have been unprecedented. As the entire anthropogenic global warming (AGW) theory is predicated on correlation with rising CO2 levels, this first-such confession from an IPCC senior scientist is nothing short of earth-shattering.

Of course, much will be made of Jones’s claim that the refusal to share raw temperature data was partially based on the fact that it “was not well enough organized.” And rightly so, as the very idea that the major datasets CRU released for use in vital anomaly and temperature reconstructions were based on data not “organized” enough to be made public reeks of fraudulent behavior.

Then there are the statements Jones made regarding relatively recent temperature trends which truly boggle the mind.

Imagine a man who has spent the better part of the past 25 years toiling to convince the world of CO2-forced 20th-century warming now admitting that the difference in warming rates for the periods 1860-1880, 1910-40 and 1975-2009 is statistically insignificant. Jones even acceded that there has been no statistically-significant global warming since 1995; that in fact, global temperatures have been trending to the downside since January of 2002, although he denied the statistical significance of the -0.12C per decade decline.

There is no man-made Global Warming it is just a massive attempt at fraud and a redistribution of wealth. Lilly you may want to consult the sex poodle about this topic

Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
Bus Nut

"The facts presented" what a crock of manure
Old 07-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Yeah, like those old PC game things...what were they called? Ahh, Lemmings! They will just keep following and following and never question where or why the information was presented in such a way. It' like written proof (e-mails) and scientific data (the decline of global temperatures) have no meaning to some people once the spin-police get a hold of them.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #4

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by emberglow
Lily - thanks for posting that. I was thinking about doing so but, as you can see, there's just no point.
I want to thank you also. Now that you posted that, I know the global warming is caused by us in the skoolie community. I always knew that I was wrong and they were right and now I have it in writing.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by emberglow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott
It' like written proof (e-mails) and scientific data (the decline of global temperatures) have no meaning to some people once the spin-police get a hold of them.
What emails? Also; emails are written proof? So if I email something that means its absolute truth? Someone has been watching too much Fox News, maybe?

Decline of global temperatures? I haven't seen any scientific data suggesting that. I have seen a lot of record high temperatures the past couple years, weather patterns that have drastically changed since I was a kid, decline of ice at the north pole, breakup of the Antarctic ice sheet, that sort of stuff. But by all means, if you have actual scientific data to post, please share your attributed links..
The largest Antarctic Ice sheet is actually growing and that information is readily available if you chose to find it. Global temperatures have and are actually declining and have been for several years. The written e-mails by the scientist that you claim are in the know about climate change have proven that they have been falsifying their temperature data. Real Climate dot org has also been debunked. Instead of doing some research I think you would rather just argue about it.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

green fool aid-is that the limey flav?
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Quote:
Antarctica has 90 percent of the Earth's ice and 80 percent of its fresh water, The Australian reports. Extensive melting of Antarctic ice sheets would be required to raise sea levels substantially, and ice is melting in parts of west Antarctica. The destabilization of the Wilkins ice shelf generated international headlines this month. East Antarctica is four times the size of west Antarctica and parts of it are cooling. The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research report prepared for last week's meeting of Antarctic Treaty nations in Washington noted the South Pole had shown "significant cooling in recent decades."

Quote:
Snowfall-Driven Growth in East Antarctic Ice Sheet Mitigates Recent Sea-Level Rise
Curt H. Davis,1* Yonghong Li,1 Joseph R. McConnell,2 Markus M. Frey,3 Edward Hanna4

Satellite radar altimetry measurements indicate that the East Antarctic ice-sheet interior north of 81.6°S increased in mass by 45 ± 7 billion metric tons per year from 1992 to 2003. Comparisons with contemporaneous meteorological model snowfall estimates suggest that the gain in mass was associated with increased precipitation. A gain of this magnitude is enough to slow sea-level rise by 0.12 ± 0.02 millimeters per year.

1 Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Missouri–Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA.
2 Desert Research Institute, University and Community College System of Nevada, Reno, NV 89512, USA.
3 Department of Hydrology and Water Resources, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA.
4 Department of Geography, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
Bus Nut

DoE Suspends Funds to CRU Crew

Quote:
While the press had largely satisfied itself that the internal whitewash of the Hadley CRU climategate email scandal settles the matter, the U.S. Department of Energy seems to be saying, "Not so fast."

The American government has suspended its funding of the University of East Anglia's climate research unit (CRU), citing the scientific doubts raised by last November's leak of hundreds of stolen emails.

The US Department of Energy (DoE) was one of the unit's main sources of funding for its work assembling a database of global temperatures.

It has supported the CRU financially since 1990 and gives the unit about £131,000 ($200,000 USD) a year on a rolling three-year contract.

This should have been renewed automatically in April, but the department has suspended all payments since May pending a scientific peer review of the unit's work.