Originally Posted by timmylc
i made an offer upon the asking price of 1 thousand dollars .... sitting back to myself "YAY i HAVE this one...
OK, he was asking $1k and that's what you offered? There are several ways to look at this:
- your neighbor had made an earlier offer, and it hadn't registered yet
- the seller told your neighbor about your offer, and he beat it, and the seller didn't give you a chance to rebid
- [don tinfoil hat] your neighbor has hacked your phone/ISP, and sabotaged your offer [/don tinfoil hat]
- you trade with your neighbor a useless to you XYZ, score the bus you wanted, and keep the $1k in your pocket for the conversion
- there's a better bus out there with your name on it - keep looking
Unless it was the only bus in the NW with a mechanically injected DT466 and a 6-speed manual, 2 speed rear end, (we know it has air brakes), no rust, and 6 brand new tires, I wouldn't worry too awful much.
[tinfoil] That is, unless your neighbor has it out for you, and this is an evil plan to push you to insanity by pumping the bus' air brakes in front of your house at all hours of the day and night. MWOO-HOO-HOO-HAA-HAA-HAA! [/tinfoil]