Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

buses, bus advice, bus parts, and bus everything available

Howdy fellow Bus fan

My name is Patrick Young, and I live in Fresno. I have lots of Gillig, Crown, Ford and Bluebird bus parts, and also some running complete buses. All my Gilligs are 1969 to 1979, and my Crown buses are 1965 to 1975.

I drive a ‘70 Gillig with a CAT 1160 and a 5 speed. I have driven extensively in Mexico and Central America in buses and other vehicles, so if anyone needs advice about driving south of the border, just write to me, or call. I’ve done at least 50 border crossings since 1986. You can see my Gilligs and Crowns hauling freight and (literally) bouncing around at my web site.

If anyone needs a bus part, or even a complete bus, I have it. I also have years of experience working on them, and have dismantled 25, so I know most of the bus inside and out. I also have experience working with CATs, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, and IHC DT466, and a little bit of Isuzu, Nissan, Mercedes, Deutz, and Lister diesel stuff

I offer whatever free advice I can, and also I am always interested in meeting new bus folks or people who work with automotive technology. I don’t know much about modern GMC or other passenger buses, I know school buses much better;
but if you have a problem with most things, if I don’t know the answer I have a few valued and trusted friends that work in diesel stuff, and they always can.

I also have some Ford parts for the F700 series, and fire trucks. My trucks are Ford 8000s, for driving (my toy) and for sale. They have 5 speed Allison automatic transmissions, and 3208 CAT NA engines. I have spare parts for this model too. And if anyone can think of a good use for it, I will have the huge centrifugal pump left over when I scrap the non-running truck, an enormous amount of water valves and gauges, and a little 4 cylinder Hercules diesel “pony motor” pump.
And I have a Perkins powered 4 cylinder 20KW genset on a trailer too. I’ll probably sell it because it is too big for my uses.

Happy bussin’

Patrick Young
http://www.fresnoalliance.com/wheelchairproject
Wheelchair Project
Fresno, CA
WheelchairBusProject@yahoo.com
(559) 244-1042 (559) 251-3814