Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Car seats with attached seat belts?

I’ve been poking around in the forums and have yet to see any information regarding seats. I have a Thomas short bus. We removed all of the school bus seats because they were hideous and uncomfortable. My wife would like to have automotive seats. Individual or bench. I believe purchasing seats with shoulder harness is attached to the seat would be easiest for installation. My wife would also like them to be able to recline. Any ideas of what make model etc. seats would be easy to install that recline and have seatbelts built into them? I’ve spent the last four days scouring the Internet for possibilities. Most are exceptionally expensive and the installation would be a huge pain! Any direction is greatly appreciated. Long live the Skoolie!

Flying Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:49 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
One you do not want to use is this miniature Ford transit van seat for ants: https://www.ebay.com/i/402292599388

I installed one of these in my bus because it was cheap ($200 on Craigslist), took up a minimum of space (it really is just 31" wide) and was very easy to install - it's just two rails with three 1/2" bolts each, although you have to add some brackets underneath the bus. They're easily removable from the brackets, too, just unclip and rock forward (although they're pretty heavy).

The downside is there's no way that two adults can actually fit in the thing. 15.5" width for each person is just absurd. They do (or did) make a variant of these seats that is wider (36") and the seats recline somewhat, but they're more expensive: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2020-F...r/174303109770
Old 08-06-2020, 03:49 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
integrated seat belts

I have 2017 ford transit van seats... doubles and triple seats... they are cloth, they recline like an airplane seat.... have seat belts and headrests..and arm rests. they can unclip from the rails and be moved to different locations... They are the wider 17 inch wide seats....

I also have four seats from the front of 2003-2004 chevrolet pickup trucks.

again cloth, recline, more than the ford van seats, arm rest and head rest , in addition to the built in seat belts.

Ford pickup trucks of the same era also had seats with integrated seat belts.

some convertables have seats with built in seat belts too you are going to have to look around.

There are a couple of air ride seats from big rigs that have integrated seat belts, and you can get some pretty cush custom bus seats that have arm rests, belts and recline too..... My used seats, I paid about $125 a seat and they look new. The van seats are new, they have never been used.

william
magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:31 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Google "Rock 'n Roll" beds with variants

Originally for VW bus campers

can be bought, or plans for making your own out of 8020.

With a storage shelf behind can make a nice flat bed for even the tallest adults
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recline, seat belt, seat belt track