Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #61
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24
Re: Carrying firearms in an RV

Yes, that has already been brought up here I think. Sad situation.

As for Dennis, I'm not sure we should put words or positions into his mouth, I just want him to make sense when he says something. Sometimes people say things that are relevant to what they're thinking, and they say them in such a way that you have to know what they're thinking to make sense of what they're saying, only they say them with the assumption that you can read their mind and know what they're talking about, even though few of us can!!

Kids from 2-6 fall into this category, as well as many women.

-Ray

Old 02-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #62
Skoolie

What a shame.

-Ray
Old 02-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #63

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

I thought I would add this link to youtube. It's about a bunch of gun crazy maniacs marching for their gun rights. The nerve of these people to question the government and their motives. Make sure you watch THE WHOLE THING to see what kind of crazies we are dealing with.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #64
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Another example of how "they" said they'd never strip your 2nd ammendment rights.........but they didn't say they wouldn't make them unaffordable. What a shame...........

Smitty
What ever happened to "The rtight to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

what an "OBAMAnation".....
oldog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #65
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Says the man from Illinois!

You never did tell me how to at least pay for the postage for the placard, Al. Shame on you.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #66
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
I thought I would add this link to youtube. It's about a bunch of gun crazy maniacs marching for their gun rights. The nerve of these people to question the government and their motives.
Good viewing. I watched the whole thing and have passed it around. Thanks for the link!

-Ray
Old 02-17-2009, 01:30 AM   #67
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_experience03
Says the man from Illinois!

You never did tell me how to at least pay for the postage for the placard, Al. Shame on you.
Just want to point out that he was born in Hawaii .... Well, at least that's the claim, as far as I know, since no one has been able to examine his birth certificate...
Old 02-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #68
Skoolie

Quote:
I'd seen the video before. People think it can't/won't happen here, they're wrong, it's coming & that's why there were record gun & ammo sales the end of last year.
Smitty
It hasn't stopped! Have you tried to buy ammo lately?

-Ray
Old 02-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #69

Notice a common thread. When they go after the hunters, they freak out realizing that they sat on their asses when they went after the other guns first and now it's too late. Wake up now people before it's too late.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 02-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #70
Bus Nut

Quote:

OldDog....don't pick on poor little Barry, he can't help it if he can't remember his home.

Smitty
Well, "Little Barry" proclaimed to be a "citizen of the world" when he gave his speech in Berlin.... But I'm not sure he can even prove that....
Old 02-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #71
Bus Nut

Welcome to Barrackatopia. He will save us all from...everything!
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #72
Bus Nut

Year: 1974
Coachwork: CARPENTER
Chassis: GMC-6000
Engine: 454 CHEVY
Rated Cap: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybus
Let me know how I can help any Patriots. I'll gladly give it all up to defend the constitution.

Like my dad said when I was growing up I'M NOT RACIST, I JUST HATE EVERY BODY EQUALLY
Attached Thumbnails
Haws_0244.jpg  

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:22 AM   #73
Bus Crazy

UPDATE:

Quote:
By the way, New York law contains the "Affirmative Duty to Retreat." It may apply even inside your own house.
Quote:
The DA charged him with the attacker's death, since he didn't retreat from the attacker vigorously enough. The DA told the jury if he hadn't waved the knife around, the attacker would not have been exposed to the infection in the hospital and would be alive. The jury found the ex-new boyfriend guilty of the attacker's death, and the judge sent him to prison.
On Thursday, an appeals court judge threw out all the charges, and the DA said she will not re-prosecute. At least there's still some sanity someplace. A newspaper contributor had written an editorial about the travesty of justice, and enlisted assistance with the victim's appeal.

Quote:
In a moving letter to me written in response to my article, Jones said, “It’s hard to sit in here day after day knowing that my life is being destroyed for trying to protect myself…Every one has a right to protect them selfs (sic) no matter what color. God is not done with me yet.”

Jones is a true Christian. He refused to let what happened to him make him bitter. In his letter, he wished only the best for those who had put him in jail.
In the editorial, the writer admitted:
Quote:
The New York State penal code does state that, in a number of situations, a person is obligated to retreat if attacked. He is even required to retreat if he believes the attacker is using or about to use deadly force "if he knows" that he can do so with complete safety to himself and others.
The editorial speculated that the jury was probably not told about knowing about "complete safety to himself and others," and questioned how, as he was being chased around his truck, could the victim have known that he, the girlfriend, and the child would all be safe?
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #74
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78

The road to hell is paved with good intentions: Whether it be the design of our "Legislatures" or the Devil himself.......Where we are is where we are and what it is is what it is. The resolution to the issue, the apparent high emotion it portends is not resolved here; positions are only more deeply held and further entrenched. I do by conscience what others are required to do by law. thus said David Thoreau in the 1800's and it still is true. We can go round and round with this debate and reside where we began. Each will act in accordance with one's conscience. That our rights as "Americans" continue to be fundamentally eroded is without question. Our position as to whether, when, and how to Bear arms does not an American make. There is much more that bind us than separate us; it only serves the interest of those whose interests are not ours to keep us fragmented by these "make believe differences"; as they scoff daily and continue to plunder and erode our wealth and our rights.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #75
Bus Crazy

I hear the sisters are deadly enough with a ruler across the knuckles - but with that hardware, WOW
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #76

I don't know who those guys are but I need to find out more about them.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 05-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #77
Bus Nut

did the cop also tell you that if someone pulled pepper spray or a taser on him that he would use his gun to maintain controll of afore mentioned firearm?
according to the brother in law the legal defense goes that the non lethal devices are so effective that control of their firearm and theirfore their life is in imminent jeopardy.
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #78
Skoolie

Year: 90
Coachwork: blue bird
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar Straight 6 Turbo
Rated Cap: 65

captainkf wrote:If you have a door on your bus with a lock, just use that.

Is a gun really nessisary? I have never heard a story first hand from anyone who needed a firearm, never. They seem to create much more of a problem than they solve, even urban boondocking. I am sure I am going to get burned for this, but I had to express an alternative position to this argument.

Why not sell the guns, get better locks and travel in area's that don't scare you so much.

-Richard

While I don't agree with Richards point of view on this subject, I am not going to poop all over him for having it. To each his own.

As for guns and camping...there are a lot of really nice places here in the pacific northwest that you better have a large caliber gun available or stay inside the bus at all times. We have more than our share of meth heads and other crazies that will walk into your camp and just sit down and start eating. (if your lucky, that is all they will do) Or they will try to rob you of everything for a fix. Also the bears up here love a nice dinner of whatever you have on your grill with a nice desert of small child.

I will not be denied my right to camp and enjoy the outdoors because of some low-life drug users. I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 8
in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
newbusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #79
Skoolie

The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.....

More and more these words mean something to me. I'll not venture into a state that does not welcome me and any guns I may choose to bring with me.

-Ray
Old 05-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #80
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40

Lets hear about those two times smitty.....................by all means share those experiences.....I for one am curious
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote