Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72
Cash for Clunkers - go green - yea sure

While in my travels today, I came across a car lot with 15 or so vehicles , off to the side, with cash for clunkers painted on the sides. Two vans caught my eye. Both each had 4 bucket seats in excellent shape. I went in and inquired about them. I was driving the Sheriff's rig and thought I might score them for our Search & Rescue command center. (Okay they were for my bus) Anyway the manager told me in no way can they do anything with these vehicles or they would risk thier rebate from the Gov. He stated a lot of people have asked about parts from them. I offered to TAZE him, but he's just the messenger.

I am so tired of GO GREEN, RECYCLE, SAVE OUR ENVIROMENT. BULLSHIT! This was just another ploy to help the big three autos and piss a few more billion away. Sure you could get up to $4500.00 off. If you had a clunker to trade in and worthy enough credit to sign the papers. So anyone who has a clunker because that's all they can afford is still screwed as they could not buy good used parts to keep them running. (which is more eco-friendly than buying a new one) Recycling would be to use these vehicles for all they are worth, not crush them and stick in a landfill. Only to have more vehicles built. I'm sure the total cost to manufature a new car far outwieghs the cost of keeping an old one running. We as bus owners are recycling. The gov. could learn a lesson from us.

Spend, spend, spend. I could trade in my 10 mpg, V-10 dodge, that's paid for and get a new $50,000.00 rig that gets 20MPG. That way I could have $800.00 plus payments and do my part to stimulate the economy. It's all smoke and mirrors, people. I think the biggest threat for green house gasses is on capitol hill. In fact it should be re-named to White House Gasses. Global warming is caused from the friction of all these people lining thier pockets on the backs of the middle class.

F*** it, I'm quitting my job, going on public assistance and get me some free health care. And I can sell cigarettes on the black market. NO TAXES. Should make a little under the table.

Ok my rant is over, but I don't feel any better.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Cash for Clunkers - go green - yea sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
But PB....how do you REALLY feel? Well, sounds like you made the guy an offer he couldn't refuse You forget the "true" meaning of "green"....it's cashola! And Guberment Motors is simply protecting their (more like our) invenstment & insuring there will be a need for new cars & parts to replace those which get fed to the shredder.

And the gas from the hill ain't greenhouse....it's methane

Smitty
Truer words have not been spoken. Thanks for listening Smitty
Old 09-04-2009, 03:04 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: Cash for Clunkers - go green - yea sure

FWIW, I'm fairly entwined in the automotive industry, both professionally, and in my free time. I am yet to meet a person, save for someone in new car sales, that is a fan of the program and all their reasons for disliking it are extremely valid.