Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2021, 11:01 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: P30
Engine: 454ci Big Block Chevrolet
We attempted a cross country trip with our cat this year. She was very scared of the loud exhaust at first, but she slowly got used to it as time went on. I'm about to change the mufflers over to something less ridiculous so I'm hoping this will totally get her used to it.

I think there may be something a little uneasy about the vehicle moving around so much.

The dog was nervous as well at first, and now just sleeps.

craigify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 02:51 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Chevy C60
Engine: unknown... really!
Rated Cap: 69
I've lived in my bus with cats (usually 2 at a time) for 23 years now. Some have been inside-only cats, and others were allowed out at times. All of them have done well as bus cats. Some enjoy going down the road more than others. My best bus cat ever actually liked motorcycle trips! I'm afraid we only get one of those cats in a lifetime.

I didn't used to use Instagram much... then I discovered the hashtag #skooliecats . Now I check it maybe weekly, just for pictures of other cats that also live with their people in buses. In fact, I think I'll do that right now... ;)
Attached Thumbnails
20200810_184004.jpg  
katix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:17 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 2008
Coachwork: IH
Chassis: IC SB CE-300 39ft
Engine: DT466 w/Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 29500
When I was a young teen a cat found its way into my Toyota station wagon's engine. Starting screaming a storm when I turned it on. Someone waved at me frantically and I stopped the engine immediately. Thankfully, the cat was not hurt, just scared poopless. He was extracted, and adopted by the person who waved at me to stop the engine. He was given a truly unique name... "Motor." <groan>
Zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:19 AM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 2008
Coachwork: IH
Chassis: IC SB CE-300 39ft
Engine: DT466 w/Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 29500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
I don't have a cat. I have an 18lb pup that absolutely hates my bus. It doesn't matter if the engine is running or not, if we are moving or not, she just doesn't like it for some weird reason.

Could be that her previous owner use to keep her locked in their RV while at horse shows?

Yet, when I take her to my work (school bus driver), she'll jump into any of the buses happy as can be.

I'm starting to take her on short jaunts, always someplace that she can get out and have fun. I've actually seen signs of her getting a bit more relaxed.

She's also like a cat, as she'll wander off and not come back unless she wants to. Arrrg!
You need to paint her a yellow spot on your bus.
Zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 11:50 AM   #25
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466e 215hp Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 77
Thanks to everyone who added to this thread, appreciate it!
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote