Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2021, 06:07 PM   #41
Almost There

Year: 2000
Coachwork: AmTran RE
Chassis: Iternational
Engine: DT530E MD3060
Rated Cap: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I buy old mopeds for $200 or less. usually less.
$5 in carb cleaner and a bit of tinkering is all they usually need.
they go 45mph and I can pick them up and put them in a bus.

Since we live so close to each other, you need to hook me up. lol...

Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:12 PM   #42
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
the two pictured I *could* part with but not for cheap. they're the two I've bestowed love and money upon for a few years.
I've got a few project bikes in the garage I'd like to clear out though. How handy are you at tinkering with this sorta stuff?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:13 PM   #43
Almost There

Just a couple like you have posted to tool around town and bring with us while camping. been looking for a while, but either they're in real bad shape or people want an arm and a leg for junk.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:18 PM   #44
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Just a couple like you have posted to tool around town and bring with us while camping. been looking for a while, but either they're in real bad shape or people want an arm and a leg for junk.
$550 for a runner isn't bad.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

the old hondas are a bit pricey but usually run forever-
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined
Old 01-02-2021, 06:28 PM   #45
Almost There

Mechanically? Not very
Old 01-03-2021, 03:23 AM   #46
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: tc 2000
Engine: P pump cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNimble View Post
I planned to have a couple electric bikes on my big boat for travelling ashore.
A bike has no license, no insurance, is street legal everywhere in the world,
and you can make them too fast to be safe and offroad capable too.
Im in agreement here in a strong way. When in San Diego I bought a used "Rad city" for 750 bucks sporting a 750 watt motor that moved me conservetivly 25 miles at 25 mph with moderate workout and full charge. Since I bought a kit for my son to tetrofit his bile for 250 on fleabay as well as a power dock to use my e-go lawnmower batteries. His is faster than mine to a point due to being a kit isn't speed limited, and 56v (more like 52) ego battery vs 48 volt. Jurry is still out on how long his batteries last though, I just got home last week to begin comparing. Also our e-go bateries range considerably in amps. As are 2.5, 5 and 7 amph. Its cool as my 15 year old can legaly "drive" on and off military installations as no licence registration and insurance are required. Further is weight. Wheel motors are kinda heavy like 25 lbs so needs consideration for a heavy bike rack but a bike rack nontheless. No fluids to need spill or clean. What can I say I am biased towards good ideas.
Oliveguam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:31 AM   #47
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: tc 2000
Engine: P pump cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNimble View Post
I planned to have a couple electric bikes on my big boat for travelling ashore.
A bike has no license, no insurance, is street legal everywhere in the world,
and you can make them too fast to be safe and offroad capable too.
Im in agreement here in a strong way. When in San Diego I bought a used "Rad city" for 750 bucks sporting a 750 watt motor that moved me conservativly 25 miles at 25 mph with moderate workout and full charge. Since then, I bought a kit for my son to retrofit his bike for 250 on fleabay along with a power dock to use my e-go lawnmower batteries. His is faster than mine to a point due to being a "kit" isn't speed limited, and 56v (more like 52) ego battery vs 48 volt. Jury is still out on how long his batteries last though, I just got home last week to begin comparing. Also our e-go bateries range considerably in amps. As are 2.5, 5 and 7 amph. Its cool as my 15 year old can legaly "drive" on and off military installations as no licence registration and insurance are required. Further is weight. Wheel motors are kinda heavy like 25 lbs so needs consideration for a heavy bike rack, but a bike rack nontheless. No fluids to need spill or clean. Can store in any position. What can I say I am biased towards good ideas.
Oliveguam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:39 AM   #48
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
What evoke kits can you get in the states that aren’t speed limited. I’d like to find a 500 watt retro kit that I could ride at 25-30 mph, living in the suburbs 15 isn’t fast enough to be close to safe on any roads and of course in Columbus Ohio bike paths or lanes or even sidewalks in the burbs are next to nil.

I’ve been nearly taken out maintaining 15 on my pedal bike way too long times as well of course being cursed at or spit on by rednecks on the streets.

I believe a little more speed ( and better helmet) might make those rides easier.

I want a retrofit kit as I do still want to retain pedal capabilities or to even be able to swap my motor wheel back to regular and remove battery for when I’m on an off-road bike path abd want to pedal
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:40 AM   #49
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Chassis: Vista 3600
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 24000 lbs
I carry a full sized Vstar 650 in the back of our bus. I modified my wheelchair lift to stow and deploy it with ease. It stays in the bus in the "garage"

on the back of the bus on my custom hitch I carry a vintage KE100 enduro 2 stroke bike. That's the quick errand and grocery getter
RolesvilleMarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:13 AM   #50
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolesvilleMarina View Post
I carry a full sized Vstar 650 in the back of our bus. I modified my wheelchair lift to stow and deploy it with ease. It stays in the bus in the "garage"

on the back of the bus on my custom hitch I carry a vintage KE100 enduro 2 stroke bike. That's the quick errand and grocery getter
KE100 is my "ulitmate" skoolie bike.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:51 AM   #51
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: 44' Newell Coach
Engine: 8v92T Detroit
Rated Cap: 2 adults and two pigeons
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
What evoke kits can you get in the states that aren’t speed limited. I’d like to find a 500 watt retro kit that I could ride at 25-30 mph, living in the suburbs 15 isn’t fast enough to be close to safe on any roads and of course in Columbus Ohio bike paths or lanes or even sidewalks in the burbs are next to nil.

I’ve been nearly taken out maintaining 15 on my pedal bike way too long times as well of course being cursed at or spit on by rednecks on the streets.

I believe a little more speed ( and better helmet) might make those rides easier.

I want a retrofit kit as I do still want to retain pedal capabilities or to even be able to swap my motor wheel back to regular and remove battery for when I’m on an off-road bike path abd want to pedal

I remember as a kid riding along my bike in our quiet neighborhood when I ventured out into a main ave. Again, it wasn't travelled as we lived in a quiet residential burb. As I rode, a motorcyclist with a passenger came up next to me. My heart started racing as I thought they were going to try to kick me over. The passenger tried to spit at me but the 10mph wind blew it back to his face and under his helmet. I remember it being a large long snail like mucus and thought I'd rather get kicked over instead! He tapped the driver to keep going on. I got lucky that day! Never ventured off into the streets without my head watching everything around me.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:55 AM   #52
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus'n it View Post
I remember as a kid riding along my bike in our quiet neighborhood when I ventured out into a main ave. Again, it wasn't travelled as we lived in a quiet residential burb. As I rode, a motorcyclist with a passenger came up next to me. My heart started racing as I thought they were going to try to kick me over. The passenger tried to spit at me but the 10mph wind blew it back to his face and under his helmet. I remember it being a large long snail like mucus and thought I'd rather get kicked over instead! He tapped the driver to keep going on. I got lucky that day! Never ventured off into the streets without my head watching everything around me.
Wow what a cockwomble
Old 01-03-2021, 09:58 AM   #53
Bus Nut

I was only 8 years old. June 1978. Remember that day perfectly and how beautiful the weather was and the trees overshadowing the roads as the sun shone through.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:55 PM   #54
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird, Collins
Chassis: G30 Bluebird Microbird, E350 Shuttle Bus
Engine: 1995 Chevrolet 350, 1992 Ford 460
Ordered a Bafang 750 watt middrive ebike kit for my old Trek Mtn bike yesterday. Reviews look hopeful. I want backup transportation this season. My favorite trail system where I go in Spring does not allow ebikes. I’m wondering if they will eventually change this rule. And there are loads of logging roads and tracks to follow there so I’ll use the ebike.
I like old Hondas and may fix one up someday. Or build a diy electric dual sport from a old chassis. It’s not that hard to do. I converted a old Allis Chalmers tractor from gas to electric. That was easy because not much is in the way on tractors.
Doktari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 04:01 PM   #55
Bus Geek

She'll do 150 on a windy day!
Old 01-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #56
Bus Nut

Funny and neat Video! Thanks for the post!
Old 01-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #57
Bus Crazy

Chassis: TC2000, 40' MPV
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/B300 trans
Rated Cap: U/K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus'n it View Post
What do you guys think about the Honda Ruckus? I am looking for something lightweight that my wife and I can pick up and take off a possible rack on the bus.... It's 49cc but of course, I would need to modify it just a bit. They used to make a larger displacement Ruckus.
I love those things. Out here in CA you'd be hard pressed to find an used one that wasn't stretched, lowered or modified. I have a Concours 14 that I'd like to take with me but I'll need a trailer to do it
Rwnielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:55 PM   #58
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins, Allison AT1545
Rated Cap: 2
lol.....150 when its windy

gosh i sure love these bikes. i was reminiscing and started looking back at pictures. so many old digital picture links are gone.

i started looking back and here is an old thread that still works i found from 10 years ago.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hond...010-t2314.html
Old 01-04-2021, 10:59 AM   #59
Bus Nut

My Grandmother in NY had that exact Honda in that video except it was a 70.

100% identical otherwise

My sister inherited it.

My Grandfather also had the "mens" version of the honda 70

but he's the cock that abused me for 9 years as a child moved from UK to NY and **** him and his bike sadly

besides there would be no way in hell I would inherit **** from that family anyway nor would I want it

but still it's a vintage bike so I often think about it rotting away down there in the garage (He's not dead yet... soon I hear though )
Old 01-04-2021, 11:11 AM   #60
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf View Post
lol.....150 when its windy

gosh i sure love these bikes. i was reminiscing and started looking back at pictures. so many old digital picture links are gone.

i started looking back and here is an old thread that still works i found from 10 years ago.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hond...010-t2314.html

Great Stuff! CT's in the wild!
Liked the "How many times can you clean a carb in a weekend".
TheHubbardBus is offline   Reply With Quote