Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1968
Coachwork: superior/wayne
Chassis: b500 ford/chevy?
Engine: ford 330 MD / chevy 327
Rated Cap: 36
Hey Capt,

When I looked into buying her, the dmv told me they would consider me a motorhome when I would register her. I'll have to check my title/registration to see what it says. I didn't have any trouble at all buying/registering her because I checked a handful of times with chp truck div and dmv beforehand. Now all this is coming up!! LOL!! What are the changes/rules if she is truly registered as a motorhome? Although, could a dmv employee mess up and let me register her as a bus still; YES!! But it's amazing that the chief supervisor and an actual officer told me it's ok to leave it yellow if it's for personal use. It's funny that I've had chp, pd and sherriff friends riding in her one time or another and they never said anything was illegal!! bahahahaha!!!!

jibronee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:46 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1968
Coachwork: superior/wayne
Chassis: b500 ford/chevy?
Engine: ford 330 MD / chevy 327
Rated Cap: 36
OL Trunt, what kind of running gear you got in your rig. That thing is sweet!
jibronee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:11 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
jibronee, its running gear is from a chevy badged Isuzu 5.2 l turbo diesel with a 4 spd Asin double lock up with OD. It is rated at 205 HP and 441 ft/lb torque. I've driven it for a year now and never had a moments trouble with it. It tows my 2700 pound toad like it wasn't even there. So far I'm lovin it. Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:38 AM   #24
Bus Nut

For starters I doubt the DMV knows what the laws are, I know that sounds harsh but they are only in charge of registration and licensing. I also doubt sherifs know or care, the only people who seem to have a jurisdictional duty is the CHP, If you read through that set of regulations no where does it even mention penalties. So I am guessing that they are civil infractions anyways. Just because you got bad advice dose not make you right, ask Willie Nelson or Wesley Snipes.

If she is a motorhome there are smog issues she gets around. There is a different set of warrants needed to search her. Insureance would be different. states with other laws that say RVs exempt... LOTS OF THINGS. Not to mention your ability to say it isn't a bus its an RV.
CaptainInsaneo is offline   Reply With Quote