Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Arrow Cockpit advice/resources?!?!?!

We are in the process of gutting our bus and we get to the cockpit and think, "What should we do here?" We are trying to decide if we should leave it alone or gut it and frame it out with the rest of the bus... I've seen videos of people closing off the front and leaving it alone but it seems that most people dont.

I would really appreciate some opinions and input on this! Why or why not and which one is easier to accomplish? and I would really love it if anyone had any resources they could share with me on the step by step directions to accomplish this. Please help if you can!!!!!

The Rockwood Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
One thing to consider is most buses have a wall of some type behind the driver to protect him in case of sudden stop. I'm putting a couch there, but am considering vertical ss pole there.

People close the front off to conserve heat, as those big windows are heat leakers, drafty door, etc. Privacy is another reason.

One guy made the entrance a mud room.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amtran, bus conversion, cockpit, international, skoolie