Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: Computer "issue"

I accidentally ended up with Bing too. It was in a download. I used crap cleaner's tools to uninstall it. Now I'm more careful to read before I "accept".

I use Windows XP Pro and Firefox.

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwise
Somehow Bing got into my computer. I hate it. Anybody know how to get it out? I use windows xp and goggle chrome. A few interactive sites like this, clist, and email is 99% of my knowledge and use. I just want to go back to where I was.
But can we really go back? Thanks
If you have XP... then
click on the start button,
go to the control panel,
click on add/remove programs,
stroll down to BING,
LEFT CLICK ON BING ONCE TO HIGHLIGHT,
RIGHT CLICK ON BING TOGET TO UNINSTALL/CHANGE,
CLICK ON UNINSTALL........
it should uninstall the program....
Old 02-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwise
... Lorna, a google search shows a lot of options for 'crap cleaner tools' could you be more specific?
Thanks again
Dave
--Download & install Crap Cleaner
--Open Cleaner, should be on Cleaner, if not click on it and "analyze", then "run cleaner" .
--Next click on "Registry" right under "Cleaner". Click on "Scan for issues" then "Fix Issues" when scan is finished.
--Next click on "Tools". Make sure "Uninstall" is selected. This will allow you to uninstall many of the programs on your computer. This is how I got rid of Bing. Highlight the program you want to uninstall then click on "Uninstall" on the right hand side of the page

This procedure works in Windows XP Professional:
--Left click on the ”down arrow” at the top right where you see the various search engines in the toolbar. In my case it's to the right of the Star logo for Ixquick search engine
--Left Click on “Manage search engines”
-- Highlight Bing and click on "Remove"
--Left click on "Get more search engines" if the search engine you wish to use is not there or "Restore Defaults". "Get More" will take me to FireFox to get add ons.
-- I use Ixquick so I have that at the top of the list. Whatever search engine you wish to default to should be moved up to the top of the list using the "Move Up" button
--Left click on "okay" to save and close.

You may want to put Crap Cleaner on as it will help keep the crap down on your computer. I use the free version. I also use the free version of MalwareBytes too. I try to run Crap Cleaner every other day, MalwareBytes once a week.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Bus Nut

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

This is the one Lorna is talking about. I use it too
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
Skoolie

Year: 1977
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: C/60
Engine: 350 V8
Rated Cap: 54

Look down at the bottom left of the Bing search page. You will see that it is provided by Conduit. There is a restore button down there, if you click it you will restore chrome to it's settings, which will restore your search provider and what home page you have.

That is what fixed the problem for me a few years back, hope it works for you.

Microsoft sucks.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Instructions for using Crap Cleaner (AKA CCleaner)
--Download & install Crap Cleaner
--Open Cleaner, should be on Cleaner, if not click on it and "analyze", then "run cleaner" .
--Next click on "Registry" right under "Cleaner". Click on "Scan for issues" then "Fix Issues" when scan is finished.
--Next click on "Tools". Make sure "Uninstall" is selected. This will allow you to uninstall many of the programs on your computer. This is how I got rid of Bing. Highlight the program you want to uninstall then click on "Uninstall" on the right hand side of the page

Try THIS first: Look at the top section in your web browser (in other words, look at the top of your computer screen now)
Do you see the address for this page (says skoolie.net/forum...etc) next should be a button that says "reload" then a button that says "Stop". Then there is the search bar where you enter search terms. That is what you are looking for. Now the rest applies to that little section....

This procedure works in Windows XP Professional:
--Left click on the ”down arrow” at the top right where you see the various search engines in the toolbar. In my case it's to the right of the Star logo for Ixquick search engine
--Left Click on “Manage search engines”
-- Highlight Bing and click on "Remove"
--Left click on "Get more search engines" if the search engine you wish to use is not there or "Restore Defaults". "Get More" will take me to FireFox to get add ons.
-- I use Ixquick so I have that at the top of the list. Whatever search engine you wish to default to should be moved up to the top of the list using the "Move Up" button
--Left click on "okay" to save and close.

You may want to put Crap Cleaner on as it will help keep the crap down on your computer. I use the free version. I also use the free version of MalwareBytes too. I try to run Crap Cleaner every other day, MalwareBytes once a week.[/quote]
Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1973
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 1160 V-8 Diesel
Rated Cap: 72

I have had to use "system restore". It worked. There are some programs that do not have the uninstall option. I tried to get rid of AVG, but I cannot.

Lorna, I will investigate CCleaner.