Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 08:41 PM   #801
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
What kind of ingredients do you think the vaccines will contain. not sure I would want any of that swill in my body. Nice knowing y'all!

John
I'll take your dose, please.

Old 04-26-2020, 08:42 PM   #802
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
ill take the vaccine.. I was born in 68.. vaccinated for everything as a kid.. never caught anything. and im only a little F'd in the head..
Me too- glad I can't get measles or polio!
Old 04-26-2020, 09:00 PM   #803
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnYardCamp View Post
Are endless Hallmark movies a kind of spousal abuse?
Document everything for the court case! Haha.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:20 PM   #804
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I'll take your dose, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Me too- glad I can't get measles or polio!
Right?!

Haven't had a vaccine I didn't like -- the rabbies and anthrax series can get a little rough but I still prefer them to the alternative...

The Murder Bus
Old 04-26-2020, 09:32 PM   #805
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Intl S/1753
Engine: IDI 7.3L/AT545
Rated Cap: 65
Worried I may have the virus. Got a high fever, a hellish cough, and a massive headache. No trouble breathing yet, but I'm on high alert.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:56 PM   #806
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
I've pretty much given up hope for any form of effective response here in the USA. If ever there was a crisis that demanded a consistent, cohesive, organized, overarching response at the federal level, this (a viral pandemic) is it. Instead we have get this hodge-podge 'every state for themselves' strategy which, to my mind, is aimed more at deferring responsibility than problem solving. It's not like COVID19 can't cross state boundaries. In my opinion we're going to spend far more time than necessary - at the cost of far more lives & businesses - fighting this virus as it bounces from hot spot to hot spot, easing restrictions only to tighten them again later.

We (my family) started out preparing for significant disruption in the short term (as in months). Now I'm moving on to planning for a slow-but-steady drain-circling for the next 1-2 years or more. Hopefully I'm just being overly pessimistic. In any case, getting our garden going again just jumped a few places up on the priority list

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
Old 04-26-2020, 10:03 PM   #807
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHubbardBus View Post
I've pretty much given up hope for any form of effective response here in the USA. If ever there was a crisis that demanded a consistent, cohesive, organized, overarching response at the federal level, this (a viral pandemic) is it. Instead we have get this hodge-podge 'every state for themselves' strategy which, to my mind, is aimed more at deferring responsibility than problem solving. It's not like COVID19 can't cross state boundaries. In my opinion we're going to spend far more time than necessary - at the cost of far more lives & businesses - fighting this virus as it bounces from hot spot to hot spot, easing restrictions only to tighten them again later.

We (my family) started out preparing for significant disruption in the short term (as in months). Now I'm moving on to planning for a slow-but-steady drain-circling for the next 1-2 years or more. Hopefully I'm just being overly pessimistic. In any case, getting our garden going again just jumped a few places up on the priority list

Last year I had an amazing garden. I produced so much I couldn’t use it all. I’m still working on the last 20 pounds of frozen tomatoes. Now I’m moving back to the city with no chance at food independence. Good luck with your garden!
Old 04-26-2020, 10:34 PM   #808
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjo View Post
Last year I had an amazing garden. I produced so much I couldn’t use it all. I’m still working on the last 20 pounds of frozen tomatoes. Now I’m moving back to the city with no chance at food independence. Good luck with your garden!

We're in the city now, so I doubt it will be enough for food independence, but every bit helps. How much land did you dedicate towards gardening, Danjo?

Old 04-26-2020, 10:40 PM   #809
Bus Crazy

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2
The only vaccines that we got when I was a kid were small pox and polio. We got pretty much every virus that was commonly around. I still remember the dream I had at 5 when I had the red measles. But back then we had a fifth of the population. This virus loves us animals. It's the uncertainty of who gets screwed by it that creates the anxiety. I've had bad flues but never went to the doctor for any of them, this one, though, is a wild card.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:14 PM   #810
Bus Geek

Quote:
We're in the city now, so I doubt it will be enough for food independence, but every bit helps. How much land did you dedicate towards gardening, Danjo?
It was my second attempt at gardening. I planted 30x60 feet. I had 80 tomato plants. I attempted growing indeterminate varieties clipped to twine. It was mostly successful, but that method needs more shade, so it was OK. I had 20 San Marzano and 20 Roma. I planted 60 bell pepper plants (stupid amounts), three colors of jalapeño, marisol, (accidentally) Bulgarian Carrot Peppers, Cayenne, 6 cantaloupe plants, 6 acorn squash plants, 6 komucha squash plants, a couple sugar pie pumpkin plants, beets, carrots, tomatillos and lufa. I was so successful it made me think I could be a market farmer.
Attached Thumbnails
54C1494B-9EF6-493A-953F-7E7BB509C99B.jpg  
Old 04-26-2020, 11:32 PM   #811
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus-bro View Post
I've had bad flues but never went to the doctor for any of them, this one, though, is a wild card.
I've gone to the doctor 3 times in my life for respiratory viruses.

1st time I ran a 103F fever for days & developed pneumonia. It was the flu.

2nd time I developed bronchitis so bad I was coughing up blood. It was the flu.

3rd time was this past dec / jan. I wasn't nearly as sick as the 2 times prior, but unlike any other time in my life (including the incidents above), I developed shortness of breath, which lasted for weeks. When I went to the doctor I had a 93 SpO2, which is by far the lowest I've ever seen it. I also either got sick twice in rapid succession, or it was the same illness that subsided only to rebound stronger a week or so later. Wife had the same thing, and was sick as a dog, including a decent fever (which I never had). I presumed it was the flu, but not so sure now.

We're looking very forward to the opportunity to take the FDA-approved antibody test.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:39 PM   #812
Bus Crazy

Quote:
It was my second attempt at gardening. I planted 30x60 feet. I had 80 tomato plants. I attempted growing indeterminate varieties clipped to twine. It was mostly successful, but that method needs more shade, so it was OK. I had 20 San Marzano and 20 Roma. I planted 60 bell pepper plants (stupid amounts), three colors of jalapeño, marisol, (accidentally) Bulgarian Carrot Peppers, Cayenne, 6 cantaloupe plants, 6 acorn squash plants, 6 komucha squash plants, a couple sugar pie pumpkin plants, beets, carrots, tomatillos and lufa. I was so successful it made me think I could be a market farmer.

That's incredible success for your 2nd attempt!!!!
I dig (intended!) your choices as well. I thought I was a pepper fanatic!
The one thing I still have growing now are our jalepenos. We just keep them going year round. Most of them go into making jelly.

You'll have to teach me your secrets w/ the squash / pumpkins. Squash bugs absolutely devastated whatever we tried to grow out of that family.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:42 PM   #813
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnYardCamp View Post
that explains it...I've already confessed to three things I haven't even done yet...
The following is a video of my wife and I reading this ...

Old 04-26-2020, 11:43 PM   #814
Bus Geek

Quote:
That's incredible success for your 2nd attempt!!!!
I dig (intended!) your choices as well. I thought I was a pepper fanatic!
The one thing I still have growing now are our jalepenos. We just keep them going year round. Most of them go into making jelly.

You'll have to teach me your secrets w/ the squash / pumpkins. Squash bugs absolutely devastated whatever we tried to grow out of that family.
I almost lost everything to white fly. For the squash I had powdery mildew. Neem Oil. That’s what I did.

I really want to focus on the Peruvian peppers. Oh! Add Aji Charapita to the list. Those were crazy 30K Scovilles.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:44 PM   #815
Bus Crazy

Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermay209 View Post
Worried I may have the virus. Got a high fever, a hellish cough, and a massive headache. No trouble breathing yet, but I'm on high alert.
And lots of other things it could be.
Stay positive and stay strong.
Old 04-27-2020, 12:08 AM   #816
Bus Crazy

Quote:
I almost lost everything to white fly. For the squash I had powdery mildew. Neem Oil. That’s what I did.

I really want to focus on the Peruvian peppers. Oh! Add Aji Charapita to the list. Those were crazy 30K Scovilles.
Whiteflies suck. I used to work a summer job testing fields for whitefly concentrations. It's amazing how much damage they can do.

I'd love to grow some of those uber-hot peppers as a novelty, but can't justify them w/ our limited space. As it is we have one habenero that mostly goes to waste. I'm sure you can say the same; our homegrown peppers are far hotter than what you buy at the store, especially since you can pick them @ the peak of ripeness.

Old 04-27-2020, 02:00 AM   #817
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Quote:
Head to the hospital. At the very least, get tested and in a week you might know.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:36 AM   #818
Bus Geek

Quote:
Whiteflies suck. I used to work a summer job testing fields for whitefly concentrations. It's amazing how much damage they can do.

I'd love to grow some of those uber-hot peppers as a novelty, but can't justify them w/ our limited space. As it is we have one habenero that mostly goes to waste. I'm sure you can say the same; our homegrown peppers are far hotter than what you buy at the store, especially since you can pick them @ the peak of ripeness.
Try the Numex orange and yellow jalapeños
Attached Thumbnails
BD7B2945-9B3C-4B04-9B87-F0BFDF023CE1.jpg  
Old 04-27-2020, 04:24 AM   #819
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
Quote:

I read somewhere that in this situation, the state Govenors have more authority and can take action(s) that can't be taken at the federal level due to constitutional restrictions. Wish I could recall the source.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:55 AM   #820
Bus Geek

Quote:
Oh no! I hope you're alright and you stay safe and healthy!
If you do experience any difficulty breathing get to a hospital.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19