Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 01:10 PM   #1041
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
pretty cool- I made a pickup order for tomorrow at Wally World. Apparently they do a no-touch put it in the back of the truck style pickup. Used our food stamp card. Hopefully its not raining tomorrow at 11am.

Old 05-26-2020, 01:23 PM   #1042
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I guess memorializing the dead is bad for some folks political agendas.
All scientific sources say the death count is in reality much higher. I'll take the word of science over politicians and their sock puppets.
I'll agree with you on that, I'm just not sure who's agenda is being furthered or driven by power and/or money. The scientific community have just as much motivation to fudge the numbers up so they can secure more government funding. I have read plenty about hospitals declaring every death as Covid so they get more money. Cancer, automobile accidents, suicide, it's all being labeled Covid related in some hospitals. There is just no way to tell who is being driven by integrity and who is being driven by greed so I'm not listening to much from either side anymore.

Perfect example: Here in Nevada our esteemed governor has said if you enter the state you must isolate for 14 days. That's fine, but the director for the department I work for has taken that further to say if any employees of this department leave the state, we have no choice but to isolate for 14 days at our own expense. We are NOT ALLOWED to return to work for that 14 days. However, after making that statement, our very own governor takes a vacation to Montana. I'll bet $1 (which is about $.99 more than I'm willing to pay for his opinion) he doesn't self-isolate, or take a cut to his paycheck for choosing to leave the state.

If I get the sniffles, or wake up with a headache which happens a lot during pollen season, I get sent home from work until my Dr clears me to return. That is fine also, I'm all about playing it safe. However, now my Dr is no longer qualified enough to say I can return to work, the Nazi Dr for the department has to consult with my Dr before HE will allow me to return to work. I guarantee there is money and/or power behind these stupid decisions.

The really stupid thing is, if I cross a dirt road border into Utah on a camping trip, where I see nobody but the people I brought with me, I have violated the departmental directive and must miss work for 14 days. But, I can drive down to Vegas and shop in crowd infested stores for 3 days and return home and nobody cares, because I didn't leave the state. This one frustrates me so much because I had to cancel my spring break plans in April because of this. We were going camping across desolate Southern Utah for a week. I also haven't been able to go to my step-mothers in Utah to do some needed repairs on her house. When I asked for approval to do so, I was told no and that I should just hire someone over there to do the work! Now I know why it's the Jack Ass that represents the Democratic party!!!

To me, this whole pandemic is becoming all about who gets to wield the ultimate sword called power! I am a grown man, a productive member of society, a contributing tax payer funding all these stupid politicians. I should get to make decisions for myself and my family. I should most definitely not be getting told what I can and cannot do by the very people I helped vote into power. (Even though I didn't vote for this worthless governor!)
Old 05-26-2020, 01:40 PM   #1043
Bus Geek

THe republicans in the discussion have asked that it not get political please and thank you. If we start bashing parties and getting into the partisan game then it gets super ugly. I know I'm biting my tongue a lot. And tiptoeing around certain subjects that I think will only anger folks I genuinely like and care about on here.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:05 PM   #1044

How long before getting the test result?
Old 05-26-2020, 05:08 PM   #1045
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Ney View Post
How long before getting the test result?
For the antibody test we got it was 3-5 business days. They told us 1-3 initially but now they're saying 3-5. We got ours in 3.
The nasal swab I'm not sure. I'd imagine its a similar wait for those but stuff can change. Its been weeks.
They took most of our testing away. Its 120 now if you do get one.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:25 PM   #1046
Bus Nut

Quote:
THe republicans in the discussion have asked that it not get political please and thank you.
Isn't that statement right there getting political?

Sorry Charlie! I couldn't resist!

I did get a little fired up there and couldn't hold back.

I just got an email from the director stating that all employees will be getting tested for Covid-19 in the next few weeks. Not sure what this will accomplish besides wasting tax payer dollars. If they test me now and I'm negative, but catch it next week, what good does that do? I understand the asymptomatic thing, but if I test negative now and get it next week and am asymptomatic, what good does testing me now do?
Old 05-26-2020, 05:38 PM   #1047
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackE View Post
Isn't that statement right there getting political?

Sorry Charlie! I couldn't resist!

I did get a little fired up there and couldn't hold back.

I just got an email from the director stating that all employees will be getting tested for Covid-19 in the next few weeks. Not sure what this will accomplish besides wasting tax payer dollars. If they test me now and I'm negative, but catch it next week, what good does that do? I understand the asymptomatic thing, but if I test negative now and get it next week and am asymptomatic, what good does testing me now do?
Lol
Well- every test they do on folks who haven't been tested is another point of data and helps states track hot spots and better understand where its spread.
I would encourage MORE employers to test.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:14 PM   #1048
Bus Nut

Quote:
Lol
Well- every test they do on folks who haven't been tested is another point of data and helps states track hot spots and better understand where its spread.
I would encourage MORE employers to test.
Ya, I suppose, but that's only if you trust that the data collected isn't used for a nefarious purpose to inflate someone's ego or wallet.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:16 PM   #1049
Bus Geek

Quote:
Ya, I suppose, but that's only if you trust that the data collected isn't used for a nefarious purpose to inflate someone's ego or wallet.
You know- most conspiracy theories take more actual faith to believe than most religions. Just sayin.

We don't have much direction with this. Gotta put trust into the doctors and scientists. They're our only hope.

I do understand your feelings, believe me. We all are looking at a big shite sandwich and we all react to it differently.
I have the occasional anxiety attack still. Its a defense mechanism.

I just want us all to get through this healthy.
Has anyone heard from the sled dog racing guy?
Old 05-26-2020, 07:45 PM   #1050
Bus Geek

We got some real comfy masks. Celtic-themed. This one's got the 1967 European Cup winning team.

they fit better than the paper surgical style. And are way more comfy for day to day use than the n95's.
Still use n95 when I know I'm going inside somewhere. which is rare these days.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:38 AM   #1051
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
That mask does look comfortable. We made ours ... it rubs my nose raw (or did until I started putting Vicks on it BEFORE wearing the mask).

No pictures ... it is an ugly mask, but it is functional to a point.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:46 AM   #1052
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
We ran across this 22 minute video that talks about a study done in Hong Kong concerning the efficacy of mask wearing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=843s&v=zhQw7vLNsDA
Old 05-27-2020, 04:42 AM   #1053
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
We ran across this 22 minute video that talks about a study done in Hong Kong concerning the efficacy of mask wearing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=843s&v=zhQw7vLNsDA
Yep. Already seen it. Good video!
Old 05-27-2020, 07:17 AM   #1054
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Amtran RE
Chassis: International 3000
Engine: T444e 7.3L
I'm still confused what's happening in Georgia with the 'rona... The state government presented a chart with the dates out of order to make it look like cases were falling. When caught by the media, they claimed that they thought a chart presented this way would be "helpful." Then, they got caught manipulating the numbers of tests to make it look like more had been done than is reality.

Now, they are "backdating" test results. When a test comes back positive, they will add the result to some day in the past that they believe the person was first "showing symptoms.". As a result, the numbers for the last couple weeks always show to be decreasing, even as the total numbers go up.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...9XEF8vO11NVGO/
Old 05-27-2020, 07:32 AM   #1055
Bus Nut

Quote:
You know- most conspiracy theories take more actual faith to believe than most religions. Just sayin.

We don't have much direction with this. Gotta put trust into the doctors and scientists. They're our only hope.

I do understand your feelings, believe me. We all are looking at a big shite sandwich and we all react to it differently.
I have the occasional anxiety attack still. Its a defense mechanism.

I just want us all to get through this healthy.
Has anyone heard from the sled dog racing guy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitsjam View Post
Now, they are "backdating" test results. When a test comes back positive, they will add the result to some day in the past that they believe the person was first "showing symptoms.". As a result, the numbers for the last couple weeks always show to be decreasing, even as the total numbers go up.

Here you go Charlie. It doesn't take any faith to believe in the conspiracy when you have facts like this. And I can guarantee as sure as the sun rises that if one state is doing it, others are also!
Old 05-27-2020, 07:59 AM   #1056
Bus Geek

Quote:
Here you go Charlie. It doesn't take any faith to believe in the conspiracy when you have facts like this. And I can guarantee as sure as the sun rises that if one state is doing it, others are also!
I wasn't questioning if our gov'ts were lying to us and giving us lower #'s. I've been providing links to show that's been going on in FL.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:24 AM   #1057
Bus Geek

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
I have read/heard a lot of documentaries about the 1918 flu. It wasn’t the Spanish Flu until the media and governments including ours spun it that way. It was only because the Spanish newspapers were free to report that they provided the bulk of the coverage the earned that flu the moniker.

The deception continues...
Old 05-27-2020, 08:58 AM   #1058
Bus Geek

Another covid-inspired YNWA

Old 05-27-2020, 09:43 AM   #1059
Bus Geek

Going to pick up our walmart order. I love the instructions. It says to leave your windows up and that "they'll sign for it for you". All I gotta do is pull up and call em and they'll put the groceries in the back of the truck.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:47 AM   #1060
Bus Crazy

Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitsjam View Post
I'm still confused what's happening in Georgia with the 'rona... The state government presented a chart with the dates out of order to make it look like cases were falling. When caught by the media, they claimed that they thought a chart presented this way would be "helpful." Then, they got caught manipulating the numbers of tests to make it look like more had been done than is reality.

Quote:
Some states and presidents are distorting the facts and numbers a little bit harder than others -- and it shows...

The Murder Bus
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19