Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 06:01 AM   #821
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHubbardBus View Post
I've gone to the doctor 3 times in my life for respiratory viruses.

1st time I ran a 103F fever for days & developed pneumonia. It was the flu.

2nd time I developed bronchitis so bad I was coughing up blood. It was the flu.

3rd time was this past dec / jan. I wasn't nearly as sick as the 2 times prior, but unlike any other time in my life (including the incidents above), I developed shortness of breath, which lasted for weeks. When I went to the doctor I had a 93 SpO2, which is by far the lowest I've ever seen it. I also either got sick twice in rapid succession, or it was the same illness that subsided only to rebound stronger a week or so later. Wife had the same thing, and was sick as a dog, including a decent fever (which I never had). I presumed it was the flu, but not so sure now.

We're looking very forward to the opportunity to take the FDA-approved antibody test.
Going for an antibody test this week. They're $20 here.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:34 AM   #822
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I'd go to the hospital now and get tested, theres home remedies you can do and if you are adventurous many hospitals are offering clinical trials on various treatments.. and yes Zinc / aka ZiCam can help with your immune response during any virus.. its not a real treatment but simply helps your body out a bit.. water is key and also keeping your electrolytes up.. one of the worst mistakes people make with any virus is drinking too much plain water and their sodium / potassium levels go to crap which starts to shut your body down.. pedialyte, powerade zerp, other sports rehydration systems do help.. the high fever dehydrates you very quickly.. dehydration is the other mistake people make..

-Christopher
Old 04-27-2020, 07:21 AM   #823
Bus Geek

so I found out that well before Corona a non profit research group connected to the fbi (a think tank) wrote up a paper about the risk of anit-vax groups and having a novel virus spreading.

Its very interesting if you wana give it a read. It was published in June 2019.

https://www.infragardnational.org/wp...9_Article3.pdf

Quote:
In April 1947 millions in New York City received smallpox vaccinations after a
businessman contracted the disease from his travels and returned to New York. Ring vaccination,
in which anyone who had contact with infected individuals were immunized, halted the spread of
the disease, but almost all New Yorkers were immunized by the end of the month (Sepkowitz
2004). Pictures from that time show people waiting politely on lines blocks long for their
immunization. Unfortunately, based on the anti-vax movement fueled by false information spread
by social media, this type of public response seems unlikely today.
Both natural and intentional epidemics pose a serious risk for the United States and the
world. The direct effect of such an epidemic in terms of morbidity and mortality is clear, but the
toll on the infrastructure can be just as devastating. Social distancing and isolation have impacts
that include loss of manufactured goods, reduced food supply, and other disruptions to the supply
chain. We live in a “just in time” culture where supplies will be quickly consumed and not
replaced. This was underscored by Hurricane Maria, which caused widespread damage in Puerto
Rico and halted the production of drugs and medical supplies manufactured there (Aton 2017).
Old 04-27-2020, 07:32 AM   #824
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
im a Gen X-er im so used to pumping chemicals into my body that i may as well pump vaccines in too..

I mean really I grew up as the last generation playing with the muscle cars that had no catalysts damn that race gas smell!

there is eating MnM's, drinking mountain dew, Vaccines, who knows how many different cough / cold meds our parents gave us, mcdonalds, Pizza, Skittles, cookie dough with raw eggs, granny put margarine on our toast, we taste tested Play-dough, stole dad's cigarettes, Huffed plastic Model-car glue till we were stoned off our asses, .. and some how a lot of us X-ers are still here.. so yeah get that needle out and Vax me for the Rona.. ill play in the guinea pig cage
Old 04-27-2020, 07:34 AM   #825
Skoolie

Chassis: 2000 Int Amtran
Engine: DT466HT
Rated Cap: 84
Not to make anyone mad but I have done nothing different. Don't wear masks. Haven't washed my hands one more time than I normally do. I do like I do every year during a flu run. Basically if the gov't and the MSM are talking about it I think it is an agenda, like always. I believe the fallout from their actions will be 100 fold worse than any flu. All part of the reason I want to get my bus finished and move in. They don't want me to, so I want to. Thinking about keeping my 18 acres in Missouri and live in bus and turn my house into a micro green farm. Use buses as a privacy fence. Let people live in them for the price of labor to grow and raise food. Get simple!!! To old to take care of it myself anyway.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:28 AM   #826
Bus Geek

the report ends with this-
Quote:
Conclusion
What can we do to prevent this scenario? We need to have bipartisan leadership support
the scientific evidence. In addition, clinicians, health educators, community and religious leaders,
and physicians must be part of a campaign to refute the anti-vaxxers and need to specifically reach
out to communities with a high prevalence of vaccine hesitancy. We also need social media
companies to continue to refine the algorithms that power their services to better distinguish
quality information from deceptions or otherwise misleading information. Unfortunately, there is
no guarantee that these approaches will be successful. Therefore, public health and emergency
planners must now prepare for possible scenarios where herd immunity will not be a tool to control
a pandemic
Old 04-27-2020, 09:28 AM   #827
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
so I found out that well before Corona a non profit research group connected to the fbi (a think tank) wrote up a paper about the risk of anit-vax groups and having a novel virus spreading.

Its very interesting if you wana give it a read. It was published in June 2019.

https://www.infragardnational.org/wp...9_Article3.pdf
Thanks for this.

The anti-science trend in today's age is both disturbing & disheartening.
Sadly, I understand it. In the age of information, it's ironic no-one knows who to trust.
While political agendas often exploit scientific findings, the scientific process itself is effectively self-policing. If you're willing to do the legwork yourself, the current state of knowledge for <whatever> is usually out there for the finding.

Can't wait to hear back about your test results. Do you know which test it is you'll be taking?

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
Old 04-27-2020, 09:44 AM   #828
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHubbardBus View Post
Thanks for this.

The anti-science trend in today's age is both disturbing & disheartening.
Sadly, I understand it. In the age of information, it's ironic no-one knows who to trust.
While political agendas often exploit scientific findings, the scientific process itself is effectively self-policing. If you're willing to do the legwork yourself, the current state of knowledge for <whatever> is usually out there for the finding.

Can't wait to hear back about your test results. Do you know which test it is you'll be taking?
All I know about it so far is its a finger-prick blood test for the antibodies.

It won't provide me with a ton of information but its part of tracking and testing that will give the health officials a better idea of the spread.
Its still not known if re-infection can happen.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:53 AM   #829
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Startrans
Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
Right, amazes me how bad the Media is in our Country. You can't believe anything they report because its all about ratings, they don't care about the news, only ratings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
Excuse me ... context? If you read that article, you see what the president said to a bunch of reporters: “Is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning?” He then sait it was a joke. Perhaps in jest he was asking if is there a way to clean out the virus. He did not say to inject Lysol and the statement was not a CLAIM!!! He was playing with the press to see how far they would take such a comment out of context ... which they did. Many fell for it hook-line-and-sinker!

Besides ... what does this have to do with "COVID-19 and the effects on Skoolies"?
Old 04-27-2020, 09:57 AM   #830
Bus Geek

Did you folks saying it was sarcasm actually watch the whole briefing? I didn't watch it on the news I watched it live. He said doctors should look into using disinfectants internally as well as uv/light. There wasn't any sarcasm going on.

Imagine George W being sarcastic at press briefings about 9/11.

We've got enough dead now to fill Yakee Stadium and are on the way to filling Soldier Field.
911 will end up looking like a speed bump compared to this.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:02 PM   #831
Bus Geek

I'm not seeing the sarcasm at all here's the full briefing.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:42 PM   #832
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Did you folks saying it was sarcasm actually watch the whole briefing? I didn't watch it on the news I watched it live. He said doctors should look into using disinfectants internally as well as uv/light. There wasn't any sarcasm going on.

Nah man, it was very subtle sarcasm....he's known for subtlety after all. Tremendous subtlety...the best subtlety of any president evah!
Old 04-27-2020, 04:20 PM   #833
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
~6000 new deaths worldwide today reported by WHO, with > 1/3 being here in the U.S.
In case it hasn't been posted before, here's a link to their daily sitreps:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...uation-reports

At the conservative figure of ~45K total deaths now in the U.S. (according to WHO numbers; mainstream press here is reporting 55K), we've already surpassed the average number of deaths attributed to influenza annually... in the course of approximately 2 months. For reference:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

In other news, chest freezers are the new toilet paper. Pretty much sold out across the whole of the Phoenix area at Home Depot, Best Buy, & Lowes. Haven't checked meat prices / availability yet, but now that the press is reporting the possibility of supply chain disruptions due to plant closures, I anticipate the rush will make those predictions a reality whether the supply is there or not. If you're a carnivore, better get to getting while the getting is good.

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
Old 04-27-2020, 04:49 PM   #834
Bus Geek

Check out worldometer. It was worldwide data faster than any other site I've found and lots of interesting graphs and data.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

you can also pull up the data from individual countries. That's how I've kept an eye on the numbers.
FL media is doing their best to hide and discount the numbers here.
The lack of testing is how they keep the numbers lower.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:18 PM   #835
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Injecting disinfectants and UL/light

Quote:

We've got enough dead now to fill Yakee Stadium and are on the way to filling Soldier Field.
911 will end up looking like a speed bump compared to this.
Here is an interesting tid-bit of recent science ... actual injection of disinfectants and using UV/Light to treat diseases such as coronaviruses. This is the link to the SEC filing press release for the product called Healight developed by Cedars-Sinai to be licensed to Aytu BioScience.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AYTU BioScience Healight.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	43842

"Cedars-Sinai-Developed ‘Healight’ Medical Device Platform Technology Being Studied as a Potential First-in-Class COVID-19 Treatment"
Old 04-27-2020, 05:31 PM   #836
Bus Geek

The Governor’s Report to Open Texas

The state of Texas will start a phased plan to open up Texas starting Friday May 1st.

Quote:
“As we open Texas, we are each called upon to be Texans: to act responsibly as we re-engage in the economy, to continue following all health precautions and sanitizing guidelines, and to care for our vulnerable neighbors. Lives depend on our actions. I know you will respond as Texans.” – Governor Greg Abbott

The plan was detailed in a press conference today and may be found on the governor's OpenTexas website.

The report is 2.52MB and can mot be uploaded to this site, but you can find it on the link above. This is the direct link to the report (PDF).
Old 04-27-2020, 07:26 PM   #837
Bus Geek

Quote:
Here is an interesting tid-bit of recent science ... actual injection of disinfectants and using UV/Light to treat diseases such as coronaviruses. This is the link to the SEC filing press release for the product called Healight developed by Cedars-Sinai to be licensed to Aytu BioScience.

Attachment 43842

"Cedars-Sinai-Developed ‘Healight’ Medical Device Platform Technology Being Studied as a Potential First-in-Class COVID-19 Treatment"
I dont' see anything about injecting disinfectants, man. It says they're working on an endotracheal device. Its announcing they've signed the rights to some "novel" technology. Its says they can kill corona with certain spectrums of uv light. Doesn't say they've killed them inside the human body. SOunds like a big sales pitch the way its worded. And again- please show me where it says anything about injection of disinfectant. I think I've read the whole thing, and I'm not trying to argue here- but did you read it all?

On another note my cousin with Lupus isn't as worried about shortages on her medication now that its been determined to LOWER one's chance of surviving corona.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:56 PM   #838
Bus Geek

Quote:
I dont' see anything about injecting disinfectants, man. It says they're working on an endotracheal device. Its announcing they've signed the rights to some "novel" technology. Its says they can kill corona with certain spectrums of uv light. Doesn't say they've killed them inside the human body. SOunds like a big sales pitch the way its worded. And again- please show me where it says anything about injection of disinfectant. I think I've read the whole thing, and I'm not trying to argue here- but did you read it all?

On another note my cousin with Lupus isn't as worried about shortages on her medication now that its been determined to LOWER one's chance of surviving corona.

That's okay man, we all miss stuff from time to time.

It is in the picture posted with the link. Yes, I did read it all and I also read more on other sites about it, but since they were only news articles I decided to post the SEC application. I can post links if y'all want them.

That's a real good news - bad news for your cousin!
Old 04-27-2020, 07:58 PM   #839
Skoolie

Chassis: 2000 Int Amtran
Engine: DT466HT
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsled01 View Post
Right, amazes me how bad the Media is in our Country. You can't believe anything they report because its all about ratings, they don't care about the news, only ratings.
So true. The gov't has never been worried about anyone's health. To thing they are this year because of a standard flu bug is based in nothing. This is about control not health. MSM is talking about it so we know it's a nothing burger. Kind of like the Trump Russia thing. Absolutely none of the numbers make any sense in any world. This is a test to see if we do what we are told like good little feudal slaves. If we don't do as we are told they have another flu waiting for us. in my eyes if you haven't been asking for these Orwellian measures every year during the flu season you are being EXTREMELY hypercritical. Our education system and the media have the masses well trained. We are taught to repeat and memorize and are called a problem child if you critically think. Don't ask questions, just do as your told and memorize for the test. That is indoctrination not education. So here we are believing the fear porn and doing just as we are told because we succumb to the fear. SO SAD and SO EMBARRASSING. I will keep my mouth shut from here on out.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:06 PM   #840
Bus Geek

Quote:
That's okay man, we all miss stuff from time to time.

It is in the picture posted with the link. Yes, I did read it all and I also read more on other sites about it, but since they were only news articles I decided to post the SEC application. I can post links if y'all want them.

That's a real good news - bad news for your cousin!
Injecting light as a disinfectant isn't "injecting disinfectants". Lets be clear please. And are you saying this is all what the prez was referring to? Cause you and him were both saying sarcasm before.

Its great news for my cousin because the data is now showing that the prez's suggestion of using lupus/malaria medication actually lowers survival rate in covid patients. So the hydrochloroquine fad came and went and she can rest easy.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19