Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #61
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
Re: Do you have concerns?

After readiong this thread, I have come to two conclusions:

1) I REALLY want that 15 minutes of my life back.
2) Cheesewagon and Smitty are nuttier than a sack of cashews and have their tinfoil hats WAY too tight.

Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #62
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: 65

I dont agree with alot of what has been said but I would say that in my mind, the most imminent danger to everyone in the USA that everyone has their heads in the sand on is China. A conspiracy theory (that I agree with 100%) that is very interesting reading at the least, on Chinas current war with the USA:
http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm504 ... Conspiracy
kamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #63
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: 65

Vanguy - I didnt mean everyone in a literal sense, there are many that see them as a potential issue and I believe that number will grow especially as discretionary income drops and job losses continue. Americans will start to see that there actually is a relationship between goods sold, where they are made, where the money goes and jobs.

Smitty - Glad I could make you happy. There is something you can do, albeit little, about China. Avoid buying their goods as much as you can. One person wont make a difference but, a large movement would. I always look at labels when deciding on buying anything, not to say that I never buy foreign, but awareness is at least a step forward. I also will avoid Walmart like the plague, maybe go in there once every 2 years.
kamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #64
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

Wow! Had not logged on in a few days and found I had 4 pages of reading to catch up on here. Let's start out with:

CheeseWagon..............HooRah. I agree

Kamoo............Troll? I thought all I had to do was live under a bridge?

Abbott....... I thank you for your service to our country. Don't quit voting. If it only means something to you, that's good enough reason to continue. As for the state of our nation. I know there has to be something going on you don't like. If you prefer to keep that to yourself, so be it. If there is nothing you feel is wrong, wait until you need some long term care from the V.A. (hope you don't) It is a shame how our vets are treated. (By the public and our government) Especially the older ones with life long needs. They are being kicked to the curb to make more bed space for the new ones coming in.

VanGuy67......I think you Mis-quoted... Not Lincon but Twain....no worrys
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

And Smitty.............. Hang in there you foil hat wearing, conspericy believing, under the bridge living, cashew eating, NUT JOB. Like Frank Zappa once said. This is to you pretty people.....There are a lot more of us ugly F***ers out there.

And in mention of qoutes, I Love quotes. Here's a few ya might not have heard before.

"life is hard; even harder if your stupid" John Wayne

"Tomarrow hopes we have learned somrthing from yesterday" John Wayne

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

"Popularity is not leadership." - Richard Marcinko

"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible - the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family." - Virginia Satir

"Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing." - Aristotle

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing, but newspapers" Thomas Jefferson

"I hold it that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." Thomas Jefferson

"I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale. " Thomas Jefferson

I'll quit for now but think about some of the quotes..............
Old 06-24-2009, 07:05 PM   #65
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

I got a kick out of this one I read recently:

There is an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. This year's term was: "Political Correctness." The winner wrote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

(Quoted from WorldNetDaily.com (an excellent whistle-blowing site with supporting documentation) 'Laughlines Forum': http://forums.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=350&pageNo=3 ...may be page 4 or 5 by the time you read this, they stack up pretty quick, heh!)
Old 06-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #66
Bus Nut

Hey Fellas, some great quotes there. Smitty, I did recognize the author on the quotes. Your'e scaring me dude.
I read somewhere, that the National gun control act of 1968 was hauntingly familiar to the German weapons act of Nazi Germany in 1938. But then, that could be a whole new thread........... Bet that would generate some wide opinions.

Back to the original posting question.
They can have my BUS, when they pry my cold dead fingers from the wheel!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #67
Bus Crazy

Quote:
I read somewhere, that the National gun control act of 1968 was hauntingly familiar to the German weapons act of Nazi Germany in 1938
Almost word for word in many places...JPFO had a side by side comparison a while back, but I think it's been out of print for a while.

Recommended reading: Unintended Consequences by John Ross.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #68
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Quote:
I read somewhere, that the National gun control act of 1968 was hauntingly familiar to the German weapons act of Nazi Germany in 1938
Almost word for word in many places...JPFO had a side by side comparison a while back, but I think it's been out of print for a while.

Recommended reading: Unintended Consequences by John Ross.
I have in fact read that book (Lotsa pages) Fact/fiction. The fact parts are really eye opening. A good read, and went quick for a big book. Sometimes I have a hard time concentrating on...............Oh! look at the bird.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #69
Skoolie

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON
Come on Smitty-- don't you think this is going a little far? The man is dead, have some respect.....
You're right. In honor of Michael Jackson I hereby declare that little boys pants should be flown at half mast!!

-Ray
Old 06-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #70
Skoolie

Cap & Tax..... 5 banks closed by the FDIC today... 4 banks closed last week... (I bet you haven't seen that in the news anywhere), and Russia is poised to invade Georgia next week.

Get in your buses and head for the hills.

-Ray
Old 06-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #71
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Ray, last I'd heard even the FDIC was looking for a "bail-out"....I believe something like $500 Billion? I haven't kept up on it.
The FDIC has already received more than one infusion of cash and it will need more. They are very quiet about these bank closures. Five this week, 3 last week, a total of 45 so far for 2009. Compare that to 25 in all of 2008, 3 in all of 2007, 0 in 2006, and 0 in 2005.

They're seldom reported in any of our mainstream news, all to keep the sheeple unaware. If the people had the slightest clue how bad off the banks were there would be runs on every bank in this country and it'd be GAME OVER. Complete economic collapse.

It's coming, because while all banks are in bad shape they're all hoping to be among the few that survive, and in order to do that they have to LOOK like they're doing better than the next bank. This means that they're only declaring the toxic assets they cannot hide. Millions of home loans SHOULD be in forclosure that aren't, in an attempt to make those assets not appear toxic, in an attempt to appear more solvent than the next bank.

Meanwhile, the banks are holding tightly the billions of TARP funds they were given. They were given this money to lend to people to stimulate the economy. They're not doing it. They're keeping that cash on hand BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO NEED IT to hopefully survive the run on banks thats coming.

Are you ready?

-Ray
Old 06-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #72
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON
All I'm saying is that it's not cool to speak ill of the dead. The man wasn't dead six hours before a website spawning jokes about his death was up and running. If that was done to me after I passed, I'd be pulling some full-on Poltergeist, Twilight Zone, Friday The 13th **** on them.
Then spend your energy living your life so that at your passing there wont be anyone who thought so poorly of you as to mock you in death.

-Ray
Old 06-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #73
Bus Crazy

[quote=CHEESE_WAGON][quote="Ray_WA":1lynhj2u]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "CHEESE_WAGON":1lynhj2u
Come on Smitty-- don't you think this is going a little far? The man is dead, have some respect.....
You're right. In honor of Michael Jackson I hereby declare that little boys pants should be flown at half mast!![/quote:1lynhj2u]All I'm saying is that it's not cool to speak ill of the dead. The man wasn't dead six hours before a website spawning jokes about his death was up and running. If that was done to me after I passed, I'd be pulling some full-on Poltergeist, Twilight Zone, Friday The 13th **** on them.[/quote:1lynhj2u]

Why? Seriously: why? Wacko Jacko was a nut, a diddler, and the world is a better place with him dead. No different from any other child molester's death except for the media circus.

I'm surprised it took more than six MINUTES.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #74
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver
I _will_ support the Cali gov't for the way they treat people like me with chronic pain and for legalizing herb for chronic pain sufferers like myself.
California is certainly one of the more "progressive" states. They're also about the most restrictive, with an overbearing government hell bent on taxing you into the ground and denying as many of your rights and as much of your money from you as they can.

The fact that you'd move there and support them just because they'll give you "medical" herb is just crazy to me, especially given your stance on government intrusion in your life.

You'd be a lot better off just buying it at the going rate wherever you are rather than move to California!

-Ray
Old 09-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #75
Bus Nut

WHEW Have not kept up on this thread for awhile. I am secure in knowing we have such an eloquant speaking member amongst us. I.e. Ice Czar
You sir, seem to be a fairly obnoxious person. Might I quote you so others won't have to read your rhetoric.
"That is rather obvious, further its plain you lack any critical thinking skills, the ability to do unbiased research or even a passing familiarity with history or scientific method.
Its fairly obvious your a simple parrot, specifically a political party line parrot regardless of all the populist libertarian window dressing. Tell me where was all this rage against the machine when the previous administration was in office?

you know an education might help you shed those feathers
its never too late to start

I account it high time to" smackdown some dimwitted jingoistic spam bot.

Lets brush up on the rules
employ fallacies, I'll beat you around the ears with them. Resort to Eristic Dialectic stratagems I'll use them to whip you within an inch of your life. Failure to cite your sources will be death by a thousand cuts. That leaves you with verifiable facts and logic. However I reserve the right to employ any and all the above at will trusting you'll miss them

fair warning
one last bit of advice before we start
know your opponent

tell me when did you first feel this sense of inferiority? Did you play well with others? Did your teachers or classmates pick on you?"

"Ein Esel nennt den andern Langohr"

And a bi-lingual as well Back at-cha Sie sind ein Dummkopf, der gut spricht -or- ?????????
MightyBus - Well Spoken
“In polite America, a "Petar"is a slang name for that appendage that is usually found in the mouth of people who pride themselves of their flowery speech to the point of making an ass of themselves.”

Anyway Ice Czar (ruler of all things cold) I'm a think'in maybe it was you, who recieved to many wedgiees in school. Why are you here? With your infinite knowledge, you could not possibly need any help from the inbreeds who frequent these pages. Are these actual concearns of yours? What are you doing to change things? I think you have personally raised the co2 and methane levels a few points. Take 2 beeno's, 3 rolaids and 4 Midols and call me in the morning.

WAIT, WAIT. I promised my wife, I would be a nicer person. I would not fall into the abyss. I would not taze people at whim and scream "Ride the Lightning M.F." I would listen to the problems of the stranger and feel empathy toward those of lesser means. I would not use my baton for an insturment pleasure to the evil doer. I will provide security to those who fell insecure. And most of all, I will love my bus and those among me who also have the SKOOLIE love.
See ya'll next week.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #76
Bus Nut

Someone, and I am too lazy to go back and look, said something about how they would rather be a Parrot then a Sheep.

The problem with this is, While sheep are easily led around, Parrots repeat without thinking and only need the slightest encouragement to do so.

My grandmother use to have a parrot. If you puckered your lips, it would whistle. If you walked near the stairs, it would say "Good Night". Come up the stairs, "Hello"... (We were working on getting it to whistle "If I only had a brain" when grandma wasnt looking)

Parrots are great in that you can teach them to say things and they will repeat them, but its just the same old "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

If your going to pattern yourself after an animal. Try cats or something. They are Independent and not easily led. They tend to do what they want to do and when they want to do it... But not hard to get them to do do what you want, it posed to them in the right way.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #77
Bus Nut

Ok, Ice Czar, you did make me smile with a couple replies to my questions. Your bus ideas are interesting and anytime you can gouge the rich a little, well I say "Bully"
My unmittigated seige of your being was in rebuttal to your relentless and somewhat wordy skirmish with Smitty dude. And of course, he will lash back. Sorry, if it is not as eloquent a style as you may prefer.
We (Smitty and I)are of the same ilk, so I felt empowered to stand up for my foil hatted brother. Besides, he doznt uze wordz thats i hav to luk up all the time

I've been in some form of government all my life, so I feel a little confidence from where I speak. It's not always what you see and hear, believe & disbelieve or taken on faith or relied upon with science.

My $.02
Man has hosed this planet from it's inception (be it man or planet) Our greed as a species has and will lead to the demise of TWAWKI. It it our inherant nature to need, greed and bleed everything we come across. In geologic time, we have been here but a second. Mankind can not control their own bowels, let alone control the planet and the cosmos. The people who lead the sheeple all seem to have their own agendas, personal gains and by in large part do not live by what they preach. Claimed ecologist that drive thier Hummer home from work, Animal rights people that carry their leather purses and walk in leather shoes, Pro lifers that kill the doctor and would not take that child into their family for adoption. Etc., Etc.
For those who are religious---My take--- God put us here on Earth and said "Here it is, do with it what you will, but you only get one." Well, we sure f****d that one up.
Maybe we evolved a little to fast the last two hundred years. A little to smart for our own good. The time to change our world was then, and we did. What we did is irreversable (along with natural climate changes) and I'm just not going to worry to much about that aspect of it.

I have chosen to monitor/defend/change/Arrest/protect/love and build the things that I can.
Right now, I'm gonna build a BUS........................See ya
Old 09-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #78
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Handybus
Engine: 5.9 cummins

Quote:
Ice Czar wrote,
1. Ive not spoken my piece yet
2. I'm more the object lesson type
3. This is confined to one thread and one topic (and one victim)
4. Who got both fair warning and good advice, which was ignored
What a hoot
Hey, I have a question for you Czar.
But, I'll wait until you have spoken your piece
and have had the object taken out of your bum.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 AM   #79
Bus Nut

...Personally, I load this thread and then close it. All works out well.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #80
Bus Crazy

What a pathetic waste of bandwidth...