Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #81
Bus Nut

Re: Do you have concerns?

Yeah I tried bringing this up on another thread, and most just agreed with smitty. I guess complaining of his constant, off topic rants was infringing on his rights as an American & for some comprehensible reason, a lot of people agreed with him. Apparently the everything else category is a green light for 100's of posts of anti-government rants, and conspiracies.

I put smitty on my ignore list which kinda helps, but then you can't really follow a thread with posts missing... so I do the next best thing, and don't visit at all. Sure I miss out on a few tips about skoolies, but it's hardly worth reading one here and there after pages and pages of "everything else" talk about a waste of bandwidth.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #82
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24

hehe...... wow... a feller misses a lot when he doesn't come around as much as he used to...

When I was a kid I was bigger than everyone in my class. I was also a bit clumsier than they were. I also have very poor vision and couldn't read the chalkboard, which made my schoolwork suffer and made me look stupid. I was picked on a lot for being big, dumb, and stupid. Truth is, I was only big and clumsy, though I didn't know it at the time. I just knew I got picked on a lot.

I became a bully. It seemed to be better than getting picked on all the time. Oh sure, they still made fun of me, but at least they didn't do it within earshot, and I could pretend I was better than they were when I was pounding on them. I didn't enjoy it but I enjoyed it better than being the constant butt of everyone's cruel jokes.

Eventually I grew up, as most people do. I sorted through all the childish crap and realized that this is just how kids sort through their own insecurities. We all do it and most of us sort it all out by adulthood and become functioning members of society.

Not everyone does.

Ice Czar, you're a pseudo intellectual and a verbal bully. Someone else said you were nothing but a pot stirrer. They were right on. If you were anywhere near as smart as you think you are you'd be off doing something productive with your intelligence and your verbal skills and wouldn't have the time or the inclination to carry on like you do here.
Your debating skills aren't as good as you think they are either. You seem more interested in belittling specific people than of actually convincing them of anything. Sure, you toss around a lot of information, but again, to what end? To convince anything of anything? Isn't that the purpose of debate? Just because you have the stamina to be the last man standing doesn't mean you've won the debate. You've only shown yourself to be the bigger fool.
Whats worse is that you actually appear to enjoy what you do. Even as an ex-bully myself I have a hard time seeing through to understand that you're probably just as miserable as I was when I was a bully. It's probable that Smitty reminds you of someone from your childhood who gave you one too many wedgies, and upon whom you swore you'd grow up and get even with someday. Does it feel good? Or would you rather just give Big Ray a hug and talk about it?

-Ray
Old 10-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #83
Bus Nut

Oh bloody hell... I read one of smittys posts and already my head hurts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Then what does that tell you? Perhaps the problem is you, not "everyone else". Smitty
Yes clearly I'm in the wrong for expecting a SKOOLIE site to have content mainly about SKOOLIES. How wrong of me to speak up when I see the entire site morph into the rants & raves thread on craigslist...

Quote:
By you posting here....aren't YOU posting an "off-topic rant" How is your bitching about me any different or "more better" than any of my posts? Start your own forum, it's easy....then you can play god (or Obama) all you like.
No smitty it's not the same; me posting here with concerns that skoolie.net is going down the toilet, is not the same as you posting 100's of off topic threads. No matter how much you'd love it to be. I don't see how anyone could see you and I as being smiler. And how do you wrap up that sentence? well with a reference of your dislike for Obama of course... oh please go on, we're all so interested in what you think of Obama... yeah, that's why we all come to a school bus conversion site.

Quote:
Now wait, by ignoring me, all you've done is kept yourself from reading MY posts, not any others, just mine, sounds like you're claiming that I have something worthwhile to post, and you miss me "Everything else" is generally subjects not related to buses.....so why lower yourself to even come to this board. If you're "all 'bout da buses", then stick to those boards....you'll save lotsa money on tissues that way.
Again you couldn't be further from the truth. I guess I'll have to explain this to you as if you're 5, don't worry I get lots of practice - I have 2 kids under 5...

You see smitty with you on my ignore list, I see all the posts on a thread...
then I see "This post was made by Smitty who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post." then I see a response to your post (which, if you remember I can't see... you following me?)
now if the posts after yours are responding to you, it makes it hard to only follow 1/2 of the conversation....

get it now? have I made it clear enough for you to understand?

And again you come back with your 2 great arguments.
1. "if you don't like it, don't read it" and
2. "you're no better, since you're telling me to stop"

again... what are you 5? People like you are the reason there's so many damn laws in the country, you read between the lines of everything you read, looking for a way out of something. If it's not spelled out in plain 1st grade English you don't understand...

Here's my 1st grade response to your "if you don't like it, don't read it" argument, I'll try to make this simple... pick a topic, any "everything else" topic... say cheese... if on a given day there's 50 posts on skoolie.net & 40 of them are from one member about cheese, would you like it? Sure the person has every right to post about cheese, all he wants, but after a while you start to wonder if you're a cheese.net or a school bus conversion site. I choose to say something, and apparently, I was wrong to do so?

Now onto "you're no better, since you're telling me to stop" really? that's an argument? we're the same because you rant & piss-n-moan for months, then I speak up on 2 or 3 threads and say something? You really want to compare me to you don't ya?

You're like a guy screaming in a crowd, then after a while someone yells back "shut up" & your response is "why don't you shut up" Sounds like a conversation with a 5 year old to me.

I'm sure I've left some loop holes in my response for you to find and pick apart, completely missing the whole point... like you always do (and very much like arky always did when he posted on here) I say good luck to you, as I won't be making the mistake of reading one of your hidden posts anytime soon. It's not that I don't like a good argument (I clearly do) it's that I simply don't have time explain every sentence to you as if you're 5.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #84
Bus Geek

i gave up on reading this thread a while ago, but just today noticed that someone opened a can of whoop-a** on smitty. I was so amused, that i went back several pages and read most of the posts. I even clicked to read each of smitty's poor excuses for a rebuttal. Although i don't agree with a lot of things the czar says, it sure is fun to watch smitty and his gang get all defensive and run away.

Funny thing is that smitty says he isn't going to read any more of your posts....then he continues responding to each and every one.

Quote:
You know what I find odd....you say you have a bus, but never post about it, or working on it. Instead you offer no experienced advice other than what you can find on the internet. Why is that? Seems to me all you've done here is shown how big of an ass you are, and that's obvious by opinions other than mine. Perhaps you would feel more at home on the MENSA forum with those of your own kind.

Smitty
smitty, if that's not the pot calling the kettle black! How many hundreds of posts did you make on skoolie.net before the recent purchase of your first bus?

smitty does act an awful lot like arkascajun.....except smitty can use spell check and proper grammar for the most part. I generally feel it's best to not feed the trolls, but ice czar has done a fantastic job of feeding skoolie.net's biggest troll which has resulted in a great deal of entertainment.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #85
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: 65

Can this post and others that get out of hand be locked down or deleted as with other forums? Although it seems as though the original post was to bait an arguement, it is even way off topic of the original emissions topic. The admin should kill it.
kamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #86
Bus Geek

Username:
Smitty
Disabled HVAC Contractor
Interests:
Camping, fishing, metal, cold beer, and being the Prez of the tin-foil hat club.

got his bus on Sept 15, 2009

that is 530 days, which works out to 1 year, 5 months, 12 days that smitty was here posting his garbage before he had a bus.

Smitty is number 3 on the list when it comes to the total number of posts made by a single user. That's pretty bizarre for a guy who never owned a skoolie.

As of today, he has made a total of 2138 posts. I don't have the data from the exact day he received his skoolie, but it is safe to estimate that he made over 2,000 posts before actually acquiring a bus.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am the top of the list when it comes to total number of posts. I've been here for 5 years, 10 months, 12 days and made 2422 posts. In that time, i have successfully built 5 skoolies and posted their progress along the way.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #87
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoo
Can this post and others that get out of hand be locked down or deleted as with other forums? Although it seems as though the original post was to bait an arguement, it is even way off topic of the original emissions topic. The admin should kill it.
Although that would be nice, this has been brought up before... The yahoo skoolie group is edited in such a way, but its way out of hand, to the point that if someone disagrees with arky (the psychopath that runs the yahoo skoolie site) he'll kick you off and remove every post you've ever made. Nice when you have trolls, but he goes way to far.

I like that skoolie.net isn't run that way... as least I did. Now you tell someone they're off topic & out of line for spewing their conspiracies & they get all bent out of shape like you're taking away a constitutional right.

So I guess it's one extreme or the other, since no one seems to have any common sense.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #88
Bus Nut

Quote:
"This post was made by Smitty who is currently on your ignore list."
WHAT?

Old 10-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #89
Bus Geek

i should really stop feeding the trolls

Quote:
Lapeer- Ouch, that really hurts coming from you. I take it you, PB, and the "Czar" are related? PLEASE show me where it states those with busses "aren't allowed" here.
Smitty
Skoolies #3 Top Poster
the entire point, which you are very good at missing, is that you are a complete Hypocrite for criticizing ice czar about posting when he doesn't have a bus, when you posted over 2,000 times before YOU had a bus. Don't you see the irony in that?

If i didn't know better, i would have thought the following quote was bad ABOUT you, not by you.

Quote:
Smitty wrote:You know what I find odd....you say you have a bus, but never post about it, or working on it. Instead you offer no experienced advice other than what you can find on the internet. Why is that? Seems to me all you've done here is shown how big of an ass you are, and that's obvious by opinions other than mine. Perhaps you would feel more at home on the MENSA forum with those of your own kind.

Smitty
Old 10-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #90
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillbus914
So I guess it's one extreme or the other, since no one seems to have any common sense.
They should just have a separate area for off-topic discussion. That way it is easily avoided by people who only want to see posts about bus stuff. Seems to me that'd be a good common sense middle ground approach!!

I think I should get some sort of prize for thinking it up!

-Ray
Old 10-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #91
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON
Ray - it already is. Just look at the top left of the page it will show "Everything Else" -- which is off-topic discussion. You can also see the post's category before you read it.
hehe... I know it!!

-Ray
Old 10-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #92
Bus Nut

I find all comments about posting without owning a bus to be offensive.

I don't have a bus, I don't have any money at this time, and I am searching for a job. I have made some posts that can be considered outlandish, and I even say so when I do. But I like to believe that for every silly, odd, or outlandish comment made by me, I have made one or two useful comments. I have been watching shows like "This Old House" and "Hometime" for over 20 years, and while I don't have practical application experience, I can pass on the tips and knowledge that I picked up from those programs, while I try to get into a better position for purchasing and converting a bus. I have learned alot here and I have tried to pass it on when I could. Should I leave because I don't own a bus? Or because I have never run flexible piping to a sink, or installed a shower, or a toilet?

I don't like the posts about Gov, the Pres, or any of that stuff. But as long as its kept to one section and I only have to open and close the threads to clear them, I can live with that. It only takes three minutes at most to open and close 10 threads, and that's if my dsl line is running slow. I don't agree with everything that Smitty says and I don't like everything he posts, but if he posts something in the section for "Other Topics", he is in the rights to do so. It only takes a moment to realize that I don't want to read the thread and move to the next.

Maybe we should ask Steve to make a section called "Tin Hat" for this stuff so those who feel the need can post in it, those that think they are grownups can ignore it, and everyone can go on with their lives.

Username: Sojakai
Interests: Many Things
Pissoffs: People who say that others cant join just because they aren't part of the IN Crowd.

Total posts: 255 as of Sunday Oct 11, 2009 (This Post)

I am sorry if I seem to be taking this a little personal, but Every time I see someone comment about how anyone is posting when they dont own a bus yet, kinda makes me mad by their arrogance and rudeness. I thought this was a site for learning and sharing, not elitism. I wonder how many ignore lists I will be on after this post?
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #93
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_WA
Quote:
They should just have a separate area for off-topic discussion. That way it is easily avoided by people who only want to see posts about bus stuff. Seems to me that'd be a good common sense middle ground approach!!

I think I should get some sort of prize for thinking it up!

-Ray
So there's no limit to how much "everything else" is tolerable? This has been my argument all along. I know and understand what everything else is, my problem is every time I log on there's 9 "tin hat" posts and 1 skoolie post... How long before you start to wonder if you're on a skoolie site with an bunch of nuts, or a anti-government site with a little information about skoolies?

Call it what you want but if this site is 90% tin hat bullshit, and 10% skoolie, it certainly isn't a skoolie site, at least not one I'm going to waste much time on.

The "making posts without owing a bus" point was brought up by lapeer to point out what a nut smitty is. He came across as demeaning ice czar for posting mainly about non-bus related topics & said he was a troll... which is exactly what smitty is. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #94
Almost There

Year: 85
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: G.M.C. 6000 series
Engine: 366 G.M.
Rated Cap: 60

Ive got some conserns alright. This guy leeper has got a hot tub in a bus,he must fill it when he gets to the site. I saw a guy in Atlanta that got crushed with water bed in a van after he trunked another car. He's gotta be over his axel max. load. Where is the department of public saftey , all I gotta do is pull out on the road with a marker light out and they call out the squat team. Love god or go to hell. Russell
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #95
Almost There

Year: 85
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: G.M.C. 6000 series
Engine: 366 G.M.
Rated Cap: 60

Well we won't know until he gets on a scale. Russell
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #96
Bus Nut

Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

[quote="lapeer20m"]i gave up on reading this thread a while ago, but just today noticed that someone opened a can of whoop-a** on smitty. I was so amused, that i went back several pages and read most of the posts. I even clicked to read each of smitty's poor excuses for a rebuttal. Although i don't agree with a lot of things the czar says, it sure is fun to watch smitty and his gang get all defensive and run away.

Hey man, Smitty's got a gang. No man, we're not a gang, we're a Jug Band
Old 10-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #97
Bus Nut

Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_WA
Quote:
Call it what you want but if this site is 90% tin hat bullshit, and 10% skoolie, it certainly isn't a skoolie site, at least not one I'm going to waste much time on.

quote]
OK, See ya. I do like your bus though.

And Lapeer20m, I don't know how I missed your beach debacle. You have got a set of brass ones to ask people here for donations to your stupidity.

May I quote you fellows...

by lapeer20m » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:39 pm

I didn't pay the bill....one of my friends on teh trip with me paid the money with his credit card....so now i owe him $2,500 bucks!

I know us skoolie guys are all tightwads when it comes to money, but if anyone would like to contribute to the tow truck fund feel free to add a dollar or two to my paypal account @ mailto:lapeer20m@yahoo.com

VonSlatt:
I just Paypal-ed over my 1% - well worth it for the story alone! Love to see more pictures if you got 'em !

Busone:
Sorry to hear about you misfortune Jason. I would have lost it with those bone heads. You should have not had to pay for their mistakes. Glad you and the bus are back home.

The experience03:
Oh well.....expect my 1% when I have a chance to fix my Paypal account. I switched banks and it keeps hitting the wrong account (which is coincidently closed). I wouldn't want to send you a rubber transfer

Shcmuck:
This totally sucks! I'm pretty broke, but I sent my last 5 bucks to your paypal... (okay, not literally, but darn close. That's why I don't have my skoolie yet.) It's okay, I get paid tomorow, and I might have my income taxes back today

VonSlatt:
So ease your guilt by Paypal-ing him a few bucks for the tow fund and then laugh hard and long!

by lapeer20m » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:54 pm

all total between skoolie, burningman folks, and a few other sources i was able to bring in about $800 in donations toward the tow truck fund. I think that is simply amazing! It was totally unexpected. I thought i might get a hundred bucks or something.

It actually ended up costing a total of $3,500 for the tow truck. That sucked a lot!....but it's not the end of the world. At least i'm fortunate enough to have a good job so i can pay for things like this.

I can't begin to express my appreciation to all the people who donated. A couple people gave $100 each, some only gave $5. It all meant a lot to me. I figure that the guy who donated $5 actually gave a larger percentage of his net worth than the guy who gave $100. To see the support that complete strangers, friends, and aquaintances gave was almost enough to make me cry.

THANKS!

"At least i'm fortunate enough to have a good job so i can pay for things like this." You say this, yet you asked people for money? It's like the guy who makes 50K and stands in line for free government cheese. You claim off road experience. That and common sense should have told you you don't take a 2WD bus, 28 mile off the pavement, in the sand. And then put blame on the tow guys inability to get you from where you should have never been . I been on hundreds of SAR calls with much the same situations. It keeps us in business, but it also puts peoples lives in jepordy. And yes, we have had fatalities. It should have been your $3500 lesson, not for someone else to pay. Don't tell your mom, she'll make you pay it back.

P.S. I have not done anything stupid with my bus....Yet. But just in case I'm starting a pre-stupid fund for myself and will accept all donations.

Paypal.... 1dummy@msm.com
Thank you
Old 10-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #98
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Hey man, Smitty's got a gang. No man, we're not a gang, we're a Jug Band
Really? Just what the Doctor ordered!

Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #99
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

[quote=Ray_WA]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "CHEESE_WAGON":twwbvchu
Ray - it already is. Just look at the top left of the page it will show "Everything Else" -- which is off-topic discussion. You can also see the post's category before you read it.
hehe... I know it!!

-Ray[/quote:twwbvchu]

Cheeseman just fell into the sarCHASM!
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #100
Skoolie

Hey...

I think this thread should come to an end. We're all attacking each other and we shouldn't be.

It was okay when Smitty was the only one getting trashed, because, quite frankly, Smitty can handle it.

Lets all just come together and have a group hug!

-Ray