Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2016, 07:24 AM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
driver window - air deflector?

in my bus, when I open the driver window it does nothing but create a big negative pressure on the bus, which tends to pull in the heat ive worked so hard to seal off from the engine compartment...

my guess is that my mirrors are the culprits.. they create a negative pressure against the driver window...

I have installed 2 great air conditioners.. but me being the pne who loves warm summer air at times wants to be able to get some of that in and notr engine compartment air...

yes I can open passenger windows and get that air in.. however its summer.. I like to run south... sometimes its gets hot or rains and i cant just press a button and put al lthe windows up..

bluebirds or perhaps it was waynes.. used to have an optional clear framed glass on a boom similar to a mirror that the driver could adjust to bring air into the bus.. and when not usedd it could be folded out of the way...

everything I find online are just the little car window deflectors or occasio nally something for a classic car...

has anyone seen or heard of the adjustable clear deflectors for the driver?

I simply want to create a positive pressure against my driver window instead of negative.. even if its a permanent positive pressure..

-Christopher

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:44 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins, Allison AT1545
Rated Cap: 2
that negative pressure is great when you are trying to rid the cab of stray moths and flies. open up the window, get sucked out!
Old 07-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf View Post
that negative pressure is great when you are trying to rid the cab of stray moths and flies. open up the window, get sucked out!
it is that... but doesnt do much for a nice open air breeze that i like,.,. it gives me a nice engine compartment breeze when the window is open

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote