Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2020, 01:56 PM   #1

E450 opinions and hidden costs?

Hey everyone! I'm still in the planning and research stage. I think the E450 wheelchair lift type will be best suited to what I want to do.
So my point for the post is to get an idea of maintenance costs as far as general engine upkeep (oil changes/ brakes) and more extensive (wheel bearings, drivetrain, etc)
How many miles do you put on in relation to needed upkeep?
Issues finding places that will service a vehicle that size, them having parts on hand, etc. Or even towing
Common issues that come up for this model type that I should keep in mind?

Thank you for any help!

whitcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:58 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Hello and welcome. I purchased a 1995 E-350 with the 7.3L and 230,000 miles for $2,500. Pretty good deal, in my opinion, but then a year later I had to rebuild the transmission ($3200) and the rear differential ($2000). So basically I have a rock solid engine, brand new transmission/diff, on an E350 frame for $7,700. My buddies who have converted a Sprinter van bought the van, and did the required repairs to get it road worthy for $18,000... so I think these are great machines.
TheArgobus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e450