Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #21
Site Team

Here's the deal... the details of moderation issues are not discussed on public threads. This is driven by our privacy policy. The specifics of a members account and its status are their private business and are not up for public discussion. This holds true for disciplinary actions, private info like e-mail addresses and a variety of other things.

The site team acts as a committee and we do our very best given the circumstances to keep the site moving forward, helpful and positive. Discussions about moderation are a detour from the topic of the board and that drama can shift the focus of the community. That thread was closed for this reason. The speculation about what transpired was not only inaccurate but folks were taking sides in the absence of accurate info.

I'm glad ECCB is doing well and appreciate the update post.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:39 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Sorry but I think the decision to ban ECCB was a bad one. Maybe there should be some means for moderarting the moderators. I've been on this forum for years and have a lot invested but find this action unacceptable and just plain wrong. If we (as a group) cannot discuss the actions taking place here like adults then I may need to rethink why I contribute.

And will this thread get erased as well? The people who make up the core of this forum have spoken their mind...I'd hate to see it crash and burn because of some political or personal bs.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post

And will this thread get erased as well? The people who make up the core of this forum have spoken their mind...I'd hate to see it crash and burn because of some political or personal bs.
Agreed.....leave that s*** to the MSM.

For what it's worth, Sir Charles told me a few weeks ago he will be allowed back around the end of April. I agree that certain private matters between mods and users shouldn't become public knowledge, but letting a BUNCH of concerned co-users know when he'll be eligible to return doesn't seem like a big deal, nor an invasion of privacy.

The Busted Flush
Old 03-06-2018, 08:09 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by plfking View Post
Agreed.....leave that s*** to the MSM.

For what it's worth, Sir Charles told me a few weeks ago he will be allowed back around the end of April. I agree that certain private matters between mods and users shouldn't become public knowledge, but letting a BUNCH of concerned co-users know when he'll be eligible to return doesn't seem like a big deal, nor an invasion of privacy.
Well we know now

Charlie is quite able to tell us himself, it's his privacy and he's not bothered.

Build Thread
Old 03-06-2018, 10:06 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
damn, missed all the fireworks during my sabbatical
Old 03-06-2018, 10:08 PM   #26
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: GMC G3500 Vandura
Engine: V-8 5.7L Gas
Welcome back milkmania!

The Daily Driver Bus Build
Old 03-06-2018, 10:21 PM   #27
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1985 View Post
Welcome back milkmania!
Thanks!

work keeps getting the way of fun!
winter got in the way of motorcycle riding too
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1356.jpg  
Old 03-06-2018, 11:17 PM   #28
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
Thanks!

work keeps getting the way of fun!
winter got in the way of motorcycle riding too
Excuses[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2018, 11:45 PM   #29
Bus Nut

Year: 1987
Engine: 6.9L Diesel
Wow so it looks like I've missed a lot in my own madness of life, and it looks like I'm even late on this thread. I don't know what happened but from the sounds of it something bad happened?

Eastcoast has been an invaluable core member of this community who has been around just about every thread with great opinions, information, support, and comedic relief. It broke my heart when he sold his bus to help pay for his buddy's medical expenses, and it breaks my heart to find out that he's being withheld from participating in this website. I only hope that when he is allowed back here, he will return with the same jolly spirit he had before. The skoolie community has been an incredible resource and support group for those of us crazy enough to buy a bus and convert it with the intents to live in it for some sort of duration. I credit most of that to the members, and I have deep gratitude for those members as well as those who keep this website up and running. There are many people who seem to have come and go through the years, but Eastcoast has been a consistent driving force to keep this website running. Much like Tango and Ol Trunt. It would be a true loss for this community to lose Eastcoast.

Whatever Happened, I will restrain from speaking poorly of the moderators who I'd like to believe are acting within our best interests...So thank you for letting Eastcoast return at the end of April, though that still seems long to me.

Eastcoast: If and when you read this I encourage you to leave a message on my website somewhere so I can keep in contact with you via email. Usually, I can see peoples emails when they comment so I don't think you need to release any personal information. Also best of luck with your bus, we look forward to your updates upon your return!
Old 03-07-2018, 07:12 AM   #30
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Startrans
Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
Personally I think the moderators are little SLOW to act on the threads that get out of hand. I didn't follow the eccb thread so I can't comment on that one. But the natster threads where way out of control and it took the moderators forever to give that guy the boot. I remember eccb had a lot to do with getting natster banned by baiting him into arguments.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:53 AM   #31
Bus Geek

I was very involved in the Natster fiasco. His attitude was simply anyone who did not agree with him 100% was a moron and he attacked them on every level. If you call staying calm and calling him out "baiting"...then many of us, including myself, did just that. And yes...he should have been shut down long before it got to the point it did. I was asked to be a Moddie on this site right after that unseemly event but as much as I love this forum and the majority of people on it, felt like I could not commit the time to do the job justice. Being a Moderator is a tough and often thankless task and I can appreciate the weight of responsibility, but in the long run, it is the individuals who contribute that make or break any given forum. And that is precisely why I feel so strongly about the banning of ECCB. He has put so much of himself into helping make this site a valued resource that to me he represents the best of what this forum is about. He has always gone WAY above and beyond just adding information to the board and has reached out to help many folks here in the real world. With his time, tools and bus knowledge.

That, my friends, is what it takes to make a truly great forum. Attracting, protecting and keeping individuals with that kind of commitment to the cause should be job One for the owners and Moderators of any discussion board.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #32
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsled01 View Post
Personally I think the moderators are little SLOW to act on the threads that get out of hand. I didn't follow the eccb thread so I can't comment on that one. But the natster threads where way out of control and it took the moderators forever to give that guy the boot. I remember eccb had a lot to do with getting natster banned by baiting him into arguments.
I think that most posters on here felt that way about nat. That guy was the MOST opinionated person I've ever had the displeasure of being on a forum with. A real his way or you're wrong personality. I think the reason he lasted so long was that a few members of the site team liked him and looked the other way.

Look, I missed the thread that caused eccb's banning, and I'll be the first to say that I don't agree with everything that he said or did (I'm against roof raises, or removing riveted panels), but I never saw him make it personal when he argued about stuff. If he did, then I'd agree that he should have been reprimanded.

IDK, I'll leave it to the mods to decide because I didn't see what happened first hand.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #33
Bus Crazy

Wow! I'm glad to see that folks feel the same way about Charlie that I do. He turned out to be at least as nice in person as he was on the forum. I suspect that this would hold for most of you; there's a whole handful of folks here I plan to look up when time permits.

For the vast majority of us, we exist to each other only as streams of ASCII characters. That means that we need to add an extra dollop of tolerance from time to time since we don't have the vocal inflections, facial expressions, or body language to go on that are such a basic part of communicating. That being said, I do think that this topic is spot on and an entirely appropriate one for discussion. It is our community since we determine the vibe of it. I hope Charlie gets to rejoin us, since he's a major spice in the stew.

Glad I'm here.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #34
Bus Geek

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
This seems to be a eccb thread and I would not mind hijacking that and ask about Rusty's fate in all of this. I certainly got some chuckles out of his posts.
I have not seen a " finished" bus / project that ultimately determines what your expertise is and whose opinion I would value. The post count seems a poor indicator of seniority.
I have mentioned before that this forum would need a couple of stickies that would avoid opinionated discussions that lead to problems like this.
I met eccb at a Florida gathering and he seemed to be a nice guy. Did not meet rusty but would think he would be a nice guy as well.

My two cents. Life goes on.
Later j
Old 03-07-2018, 07:52 PM   #35
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
This seems to be a eccb thread and I would not mind hijacking that and ask about Rusty's fate in all of this. I certainly got some chuckles out of his posts.
I have not seen a " finished" bus / project that ultimately determines what your expertise is and whose opinion I would value. The post count seems a poor indicator of seniority.
I have mentioned before that this forum would need a couple of stickies that would avoid opinionated discussions that lead to problems like this.
I met eccb at a Florida gathering and he seemed to be a nice guy. Did not meet rusty but would think he would be a nice guy as well.

My two cents. Life goes on.
Later j
Rusty is not minded to ask for reinstatement. I agree, he is a loss.

Build Thread
Old 03-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #36
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
Rusty is not minded to ask for reinstatement. I agree, he is a loss.
I miss rusty too...and if he's not seeking reinstatement that's sad

Old 03-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #37
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-fox View Post
Wow! I'm glad to see that folks feel the same way about Charlie that I do. He turned out to be at least as nice in person as he was on the forum. I suspect that this would hold for most of you; there's a whole handful of folks here I plan to look up when time permits.

For the vast majority of us, we exist to each other only as streams of ASCII characters. That means that we need to add an extra dollop of tolerance from time to time since we don't have the vocal inflections, facial expressions, or body language to go on that are such a basic part of communicating. That being said, I do think that this topic is spot on and an entirely appropriate one for discussion. It is our community since we determine the vibe of it. I hope Charlie gets to rejoin us, since he's a major spice in the stew.

Glad I'm here.
I totally that this is cyberspace and so many of us may be surprised by the real people behind the cyberspace profiles we like...

Old 03-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #38
Bus Nut

Year: 1987
Engine: 6.9L Diesel
Rusty is banned too? Bummer... Who else is gone? I didn't know Nat was banned but that makes sense why his posts abruptly stopped.

Even though Nat was disliked by many, I always valued his posts. His "THIS IS HOW IT MUST BE DONE" style was a great starting point for myself who barely knew how to use a drill.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #39
Bus Geek

I agree. Nat knew a lot. But his way of handing off information was vile, even when he was right. Which was fairly often. A shame he could not communicate without attacking anyone who questioned his divine wisdom.

I've been alive quite a while and have yet to meet anyone who really knew all the answers.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #40
Bus Crazy

Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post

I've been alive quite a while and have yet to meet anyone who really knew all the answers.
There's a couple of people here who think they do.....but they haven't figured out how to defeat my "Ignore User" button yet.

The Busted Flush
Closed Thread