Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #41
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
lol!...I like your thinking.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:56 PM   #42
Bus Nut

I had followed this site for a year or two before Nat was banned, and only joined after his swan song. I even mentioned that (I think) on my initial post. I prefer the "camp fire" tone vs the obnoxious A-hole attitude that he seemed to puke out.
ECCB invokes the best that the forum could want.

I feel better now.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:39 AM   #43
Bus Geek

Glad to see this is nice and civil

I like Charlie and he is a honest and hard working man, he goes above and beyond to help his fellow man, even if there are slightly different views, that is what makes him who he is

I remember laughing a month or two ago when he told me it got cold and he had to break out his long britches, it was like 50*

it was like -5* here

def. need to roll south and hit him up for a cold beer
Old 03-08-2018, 07:32 AM   #44
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieJackson View Post
I'm a new member here, but I'll add my vote to bring him back. I found his responses helpful when I was lurking and looking for a bus.

Having said that, I've also managed several larger forums and I'm old school, was a SysOp for a very large BBS before the web took over. I can tell you that without the users you'll end up with a forum that's filled with newbies with no experience to help them, or posts offering skoolies for 70k

Without the users the forums are nothing. Temporary bans tend to work best and if you find that user continuing to be banned then do something more permanent.

My question to the staff, was either of these users banned or was this a one shot deal?

Please respect the very users that help create the content for this site and allow them to come back.

James
how cool!.. I was a SysOp back in the 80s too.. I never permanently banned anyone.. as noted, temporary bans and Locking of threads was most effective.. most often Locking the said thread was enough to tell people enough is enough...

-Christopher
Old 03-08-2018, 08:25 AM   #45
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I agree. Nat knew a lot. But his way of handing off information was vile, even when he was right. Which was fairly often. A shame he could not communicate without attacking anyone who questioned his divine wisdom.

I've been alive quite a while and have yet to meet anyone who really knew all the answers.
Should have known me when I was a teenager, I knew ALL the answers.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:42 AM   #46
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRVBUS View Post
Should have known me when I was a teenager, I knew ALL the answers.
Me2!!! Now I'm old and don't know nothing...which is ok...because I remember even less than I know

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #47
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/Allison
Rated Cap: 74
Although they both had differing opinions on some items they both seemed to have the same goal, furthering the skoolie mentality as warped as it is
Old 03-08-2018, 01:29 PM   #48
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Some of you are only partially aware of what has truly been going on. Most of the information has already come out in this ECCB thread. It is a fact that CB had been intentionally provoking numerous individuals on the site in an apparent attempt to get them to say things in a public forum that would get them removed from the site. CB had edit authority over all threads, remaining from when he had previously served as a moderator. That authority was never revoked by site administrators. CB used that edit authority to edit his portion of online arguments after provoking other individuals. I know this for a fact because he did it to me too, and I saw him attempt to provoke a number of newbs that were trying to make use of the skoolie site. Most newbs just left the site based on CBs persistence at attempting to provoke them. My conflict ended with CB when I offered to fly to FL to have a very personal in person discussion with him. Shortly afterwards he apologized and we have tolerated each other since then.

I agree CB has a lot of knowledge pertinent to this site, but so did Rusty who also got kicked off. The difference is Rusty never attempted to provoke anyone at any time. Date codes were changed as CB edited his argument with Rusty. Site administration attempted to protect CB, which is sad because I’m sure they were well aware of what CB had been doing over a period of years. I learned about CBs edit authority while he bragged about this ability to change thread text in a conversation with another member, which he also edited out of that thread.

I have no patience for anyone that openly abuses authority over other individuals in any situation. I informed Rusty of CBs edit authority over the threads which Rusty quickly confirmed based on date and time codes, implicating site administration in legal issues for not dealing with this problem. The legal process is still ongoing which is why site administration is unable to comment.

I realize my contribution to this thread will likely get me banned. I have no desire to remain on this site if the administration protects their “friends” at the cost of other individuals.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #49
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Legal proceedings? on a hobby site??? now to me.. THAT is ridiculous... sorry but i dont see any need for any legal proceedings against anyone on a site like this...

have we really become a society so entrenched in litigation that people are going to sue????

personally i dont see the reason rusty was banned either... everyone has a personal opinion.. i think banning is the real dumb and childish act.. sorry. just my opinion..

I come here to learn and to share my knowledge with others... ive done both... ive learned alot from both ECCB and from rusty. and many others..

im also a computer guy.. ive written BBS systems from the ground up before as well as many other database-driven systems.. there is no "disputing" if a thread or artical is changed.. because unless someone knows MySQL and has direct read / write access to the DB tables. then every edit / change / update is reflected in the DB and in the audit...

when people start claiming that posts have been changed I cry foul and say show me the Database transaction logs...

-Christopher
Old 03-08-2018, 03:36 PM   #50
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Some of you are only partially aware of what has truly been going on. Most of the information has already come out in this ECCB thread. It is a fact that CB had been intentionally provoking numerous individuals on the site in an apparent attempt to get them to say things in a public forum that would get them removed from the site. CB had edit authority over all threads, remaining from when he had previously served as a moderator. That authority was never revoked by site administrators. CB used that edit authority to edit his portion of online arguments after provoking other individuals. I know this for a fact because he did it to me too, and I saw him attempt to provoke a number of newbs that were trying to make use of the skoolie site. Most newbs just left the site based on CBs persistence at attempting to provoke them. My conflict ended with CB when I offered to fly to FL to have a very personal in person discussion with him. Shortly afterwards he apologized and we have tolerated each other since then.

I agree CB has a lot of knowledge pertinent to this site, but so did Rusty who also got kicked off. The difference is Rusty never attempted to provoke anyone at any time. Date codes were changed as CB edited his argument with Rusty. Site administration attempted to protect CB, which is sad because I’m sure they were well aware of what CB had been doing over a period of years. I learned about CBs edit authority while he bragged about this ability to change thread text in a conversation with another member, which he also edited out of that thread.

I have no patience for anyone that openly abuses authority over other individuals in any situation. I informed Rusty of CBs edit authority over the threads which Rusty quickly confirmed based on date and time codes, implicating site administration in legal issues for not dealing with this problem. The legal process is still ongoing which is why site administration is unable to comment.

I realize my contribution to this thread will likely get me banned. I have no desire to remain on this site if the administration protects their “friends” at the cost of other individuals.
If CB was abusing his authority that fits the description of a bully...I saw the guy in a video and he PM'ed me once...all other contacts were here...based on this I say he seems like a ok guy...

If he was bullying folks he need not come back...

Old 03-08-2018, 03:38 PM   #51
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Legal proceedings? on a hobby site??? now to me.. THAT is ridiculous... sorry but i dont see any need for any legal proceedings against anyone on a site like this...

have we really become a society so entrenched in litigation that people are going to sue????

personally i dont see the reason rusty was banned either... everyone has a personal opinion.. i think banning is the real dumb and childish act.. sorry. just my opinion..

I come here to learn and to share my knowledge with others... ive done both... ive learned alot from both ECCB and from rusty. and many others..

im also a computer guy.. ive written BBS systems from the ground up before as well as many other database-driven systems.. there is no "disputing" if a thread or artical is changed.. because unless someone knows MySQL and has direct read / write access to the DB tables. then every edit / change / update is reflected in the DB and in the audit...

when people start claiming that posts have been changed I cry foul and say show me the Database transaction logs...

-Christopher
Lawsuits are indeed a fact of life

Old 03-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #52
Bus Crazy

I'm with CK on this one. That's quite the accusation; show me the logs.

Also, as others have noted, let's keep it civil. We live under the rule of more-or-less benevolent despots; if they want us gone, we're gone. I for one want to stick around a while more; this is bar none the best source of bus conversion information out there (including Bus Conversion magazine IMHO).
Old 03-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #53
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-fox View Post
I'm with CK on this one. That's quite the accusation; show me the logs.

Also, as others have noted, let's keep it civil. We live under the rule of more-or-less benevolent despots; if they want us gone, we're gone. I for one want to stick around a while more; this is bar none the best source of bus conversion information out there (including Bus Conversion magazine IMHO).
Do you know how to show me the logs? I certainly don't. But if I make a post and come back 2 minutes later and know it has been modified I doubt seriously that I could prove it to you. But I know for fact that it happened. I seen it happen on my threads at other site, I couldn't prove it except in one case where someone had quoted it and they didn't change the quote.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:07 PM   #54
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
.... when people start claiming that posts have been changed I cry foul and say show me the Database transaction logs...

-Christopher
Yup - This.

Several posts on this thread have alleged tampering, edits and other things that simply are not accurate. If you have a concern you'll need to contact the involved parties offline. Believe what you are told or not - up to you but no member of the site team has access to edit date codes and other server level changes. Every keystroke is logged by the server and this included edits.

When misleading or downright inaccurate statements are posted as fact they become part of the problem - not part of the solution.

This thread is being closed as it has strayed too far from the initial post topic and veered into, moderation discussions, supposition and potential libel where the subjects of the accusations are not able to respond.

Let's move on.