Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Florida skoolies at christmas?

any florida skoolies doing anything fun at christmas?

im going to atlanta for 3 days for work..(thurs-fri-sat) then NOT heading back to OhiO.. (im really Ticked off at my friends / family up here.. so im running away!!).. utterly "forgetting" my 50th birthday and really not being invited to any fun christmas events by them.. asta lavista.. no Christmas party at my house this year for them!!.. Beachtime for me!

instead, heading to florida... everntually staying in the southern part of the state for a week or two.. but meandering my way there along the way.

im up for coffee or a drink, or a meal, always love to meet friends new and old in my travels..
-Christopher

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
any florida skoolies doing anything fun at christmas?

im going to atlanta for 3 days for work..(thurs-fri-sat) then NOT heading back to OhiO.. (im really Ticked off at my friends / family up here.. so im running away!!).. utterly "forgetting" my 50th birthday and really not being invited to any fun christmas events by them.. asta lavista.. no Christmas party at my house this year for them!!.. Beachtime for me!

instead, heading to florida... everntually staying in the southern part of the state for a week or two.. but meandering my way there along the way.

im up for coffee or a drink, or a meal, always love to meet friends new and old in my travels..
-Christopher
I'll buy the coffee.
I've got plenty of space. Tobeamiss is in FL too. Trying to get her over here for a visit.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:17 PM   #3
Skoolie

That is funny east coast and Cadillac the first two guys I think I talked to on this website... I'm up in Minneapolis boy would I love to be going to Florida right now although wink-wink it is 42 degrees today. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year send pictures [emoji41]
milkmanchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:17 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I'll buy the coffee.
I've got plenty of space. Tobeamiss is in FL too. Trying to get her over here for a visit.

sweet!! and i can see that awesome CAT skoolie too!!

-Christopher
Old 12-18-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanchip View Post
That is funny east coast and Cadillac the first two guys I think I talked to on this website... I'm up in Minneapolis boy would I love to be going to Florida right now although wink-wink it is 42 degrees today. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year send pictures [emoji41]

42 wow! warmer than here... i just finished changing the oil in the bus and its only 38 here in ohio.. wierd weather patterns this year.. at least the sun is out!
-Christopher
Old 12-18-2018, 02:34 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Quote:
sweet!! and i can see that awesome CAT skoolie too!!

-Christopher
Roxy and I have been looking forward to seeing you again!
Santa left you something here, too.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:35 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanchip View Post
Merry Christmas to you too!!
Old 12-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 6.6 New Holland Diesel
Rated Cap: 60 kids, 10 window
If you make it to the east coast, I'm just south of Kennedy Space Center in Satellite Beach. KSC is a great day trip if your into that, rockets launching all the time over here with space X as well. If you happen to make it this way let me know.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:29 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Bluebird Handybus
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakitty View Post
If you make it to the east coast, I'm just south of Kennedy Space Center in Satellite Beach. KSC is a great day trip if your into that, rockets launching all the time over here with space X as well. If you happen to make it this way let me know.

I'm about an hour or so below Ninjakitty in Vero Beach. Would love to link up with both you and Ninjakitty haha!

@shortcircuitbus on instagram..
Enjoyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:24 PM   #10
Bus Geek

cool stuff.. ill definitely be on the east coast for part of the trip as im eventually going to land in lauderdale and WPP... probably ditch my bus at my office in WPB and stay in lauderdale for a few days.. I for sure will be in the central part too.. its not a florida trip if i dont stop N see ECCB and drink starbucks in a bus or van! I want to ride in the Cat bus too!!

I'll have my Navistar programmer with me so anyone that we connect has a Navistar we can alter settings in your computers and run diagnostics..

im a little bit hesitant to pump up people';s engines to insane levels of power just because its an unknown.. I turned mine WAYYYY up the other day.. when i started it, the thing growled like a straining monster at idle and was puffing a little black smoke.. took it around the block and tried to get on the main roads... ran my HPOP out of oil and it lit the dashboard uop like a christmas tree and just stopped dead..

took a bit of cranking to get it back to life after reprogramming to something manageable.. 350 Horsepower was too much to ask of a T444e apparently!
-Christopher
Old 12-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Bluebird Handybus
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
cool stuff.. ill definitely be on the east coast for part of the trip as im eventually going to land in lauderdale and WPP... probably ditch my bus at my office in WPB and stay in lauderdale for a few days.. I for sure will be in the central part too.. its not a florida trip if i dont stop N see ECCB and drink starbucks in a bus or van! I want to ride in the Cat bus too!!

I'll have my Navistar programmer with me so anyone that we connect has a Navistar we can alter settings in your computers and run diagnostics..

im a little bit hesitant to pump up people';s engines to insane levels of power just because its an unknown.. I turned mine WAYYYY up the other day.. when i started it, the thing growled like a straining monster at idle and was puffing a little black smoke.. took it around the block and tried to get on the main roads... ran my HPOP out of oil and it lit the dashboard uop like a christmas tree and just stopped dead..

took a bit of cranking to get it back to life after reprogramming to something manageable.. 350 Horsepower was too much to ask of a T444e apparently!
-Christopher

Are you able to do anything more then my Nexiq cable and Navistar software. I was able to remove my speed limiter, but not sure what else you can do.. Thanks!
Enjoyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:15 AM   #12
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: CAT 3126
If you’re coming thru Chattanooga I’m 1 mile off I-75 exit 11.

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/4-...ner-18205.html
david.dgeorge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:18 AM   #13
Bus Geek

Quote:

-Christopher
We're going to the dmv this morning and swapping the tag from the failed IC project to the new Thomas.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Chassis: Freightliner
Rated Cap: 65
Skoolie in satellite beach this is Steve i live in satellite beach to need to meet up and checkout your bus .i got mine at red cap storage
Sdferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:40 PM   #15
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdferrell View Post
Skoolie in satellite beach this is Steve i live in satellite beach to need to meet up and checkout your bus .i got mine at red cap storage
I'm just around the corner from there.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:46 AM   #16
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdferrell View Post
Sent you a PM
Old 12-21-2018, 06:49 AM   #17
Bus Geek

I think that of all the Christmas goings-on I'm most excited about seeing you Chris!
Old 12-21-2018, 07:20 AM   #18
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
We're headed towards Ocala this morning then down to Spring Hill on Sunday. Any other bus folks near those places?
Old 12-21-2018, 07:34 AM   #19
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
We're headed towards Ocala this morning then down to Spring Hill on Sunday. Any other bus folks near those places?
lol I'm "near" Ocala
Old 12-21-2018, 11:32 AM   #20
Bus Geek

im in atlanta now.. drove down yesterday... what a traffic MESS.. got in at 1:30am. doing a job here today and tomorrow, then heading to florida. ill leave atlanta sunday morning. my schedule is pretty open other than I'll be in ft lauderdale on the 26th.

ECCB - Kubla sent me down with 4 tires for the Nuke bus. what is your guys' christmas schedule?

-Christopher