Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
FLU419 Mogli's first job

happy Independence Day,

9 years ago i bought a military Hyster electric forklift on fleebay. There were some electric issues with it but $600 and $ 800 shipping from Texas to PA was a good deal. The original new stickers was still on it and it was a lot more then what i paid for it. ( $23896.60 ) Not sure what is was used for but there was a sticker stating that it was checked for nuclear contamination. Got my ludlum radiation detector with pancake out and went over it and could not find anything.

The reason to go electric was to use it as a battery backup for our solar and be able to get of the grid. I needed the forklift but not use it very often. The battery was weak when i got it and a new one is expensive. A year ago I run in an electric research vehicle at the local scrap yard with nice Ni Mh batteries so time to get rid of the lead. The battery is about 3200 LBS so when we bought Mogli I hoped that the loader could lift it.

It was a productive morning.

Later J

joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote