Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: Flying J

We spent the night before last (6/3) at the Flying J on I20 in Pecos, TX. They have a sign on the door that said the dump fee was $10, with the discount card $5 (I have the RV Real Value frequent fueler card). But I filled up the Class C and one of the Jeeps (total about $100 in gas) using the frequent fueler card (swipe thru the card reader before pumping) and got my dump for free. I asked how much it would cost me. I have had my card for a while but we rarely use it. I can beat the prices at Sam's Club most any day (and we like wallydocking in their parking lots best). WalMart's Murphy stations beat the gas prices (not sure about diesel). But we parked overnight, ate supper buffet and breakfast buffet.

BTW: Corpus Christi TX to Socorro, NM 6/1 - 6/3 trip... Best price for Fuel (gas) was at the WalMart/Murphy in New Braunfels, TX $2.509/gl.... Worst was Ft Stockton (Fina?) gas station across the road from the WalMart (don't park there) at $3.09/gl for gas... and that was cheaper than the TA on I10 (we knew that the other gas station was cheaper and we could get in/out from a previous trip).

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote