Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Re: For the Domino's Pizza Fans......

lmao!!!

Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

They have a screen inside the local Dominos here. Looks like a Departure sign at the airport. It tends to be off slightly. sometimes our pizzas are ready and it says they are still baking, other times it says they are still baking and we are out the door with them!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
Bus Geek

NO! You should see the folks they have delivering pizzas. Besides I don't know if some of them can navigate the 1.5 miles to get from the store to our RV! Besides, they would never find us in the park. These are college students.... they just aren't that bright.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

heck my place has my # in 6" tall letters on the front of it and people still cant find it and go to the neighbours. every time!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

I had never heard of Domino's Pizza, or any of the jokes about them before I first saw a Domino's delivery car. That was back when they had the original 30 minutes or free guarantee. After there were too many accidents, Domino's cut that out. I think they made the drivers pay for the late pies, which resulted in excess risk taking.

Anyway, there was a little red Chevy Chevette with a lighted sign on its roof, the sign being half the size of the car, coming at me from my 1:00 position. In order to miss three lights, the driver had entered a playground in the back yard of an old stone church, and driven on the sidewalk alongside the building between blocks. When I saw it, it was leaving the sidewalk and was coming down the church's front staircase in order to make a right on red from the stairs onto the road in front of me at what should have been its third light.

After that experience, I have always believed anything anyone says about Domino's Pizza.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear
I had never heard of Domino's Pizza, or any of the jokes about them before I first saw a Domino's delivery car. That was back when they had the original 30 minutes or free guarantee. After there were too many accidents, Domino's cut that out. I think they made the drivers pay for the late pies, which resulted in excess risk taking.

Anyway, there was a little red Chevy Chevette with a lighted sign on its roof, the sign being half the size of the car, coming at me from my 1:00 position. In order to miss three lights, the driver had entered a playground in the back yard of an old stone church, and driven on the sidewalk alongside the building between blocks. When I saw it, it was leaving the sidewalk and was coming down the church's front staircase in order to make a right on red from the stairs onto the road in front of me at what should have been its third light.

After that experience, I have always believed anything anyone says about Domino's Pizza.

and its like that here to. we have about 6 pizza places in my small town. Domino's comes to down and you can spot them with the dome lights. well they cut across solid lines, go wrong way on streets, go through do not enter intersections and speed like the devil! the police have now been targeting the drivers due to their unsafe and un-due care and attention while driving. needless to say there is only 3 drivers left at dominos here lol
Old 11-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Super Coach II, 36 Ft. RE
Engine: Cat 3208T, MT643

Reminds me of the Cosa Nostra Pizza Company from the novel "Snow Crash."

Children drink kOOlaid, adults drink T.E.A.

Gallery: https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/v/Skooli ... +Coach+II/
Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
Hex
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird, Model 3800
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus
Reminds me of the Cosa Nostra Pizza Company from the novel "Snow Crash."
I've wanted to get some of those 'Delivorator' flame lights for my car for years ...
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear
... they cut across solid lines, go wrong way on streets, go through do not enter intersections and speed like the devil!..
Sounds like they learned to drive in Chattanooga!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
Bus Crazy

Got another one for you guys :P

Old 01-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #11
Bus Geek

We recently complained to Corporate about the Socorro Domino's. Now, I know we are a little pickier about our food and conditions in a restaurant then most customers since we do handle food for a living. In order to do so, we have all taken basic food handler's courses and I am a certified food manger (yep, I'm am "certifiable" ). We ordered two pizzas last week. They were busy but not terribly (nothing here is terribly busy). We drove up to pick i up and the woman pulled the boxed pizza off the shelf and they dropped onto the floor... boxes landed right side up ... with the lids open. One pizza was a mess and had to be remade..... the other pizza, she picks up the box, looks at it and says to David.. "This one looks okay ... do you want it?" Unbelievable! David told her to remake both. They gave David back 20% of the price (less than $3) and made two more pizzas. I went online to Corporate and David got a phone call from the local manager. Said we could get two FREE pizzas. I don't think so! Absolutely, under no circumstances should they have EVER asked if we "wanted" the dropped pizzas. That was an automatic trash toss! If we dropped a WRAPPED sandwich on our floor, we would toss the sandwich and make the customer a new one for FREE. David is going to talk to the local Health Department guy about them (he stops by the food cart to talk when ever he gets a chance). That is just.... NASTY! If they do that in front of a customer, what are they doing when customers don't see them???

So now we either buy frozen or "take-n-bake" pizzas, buy prebaked from (oh help me) Pizza Hut or I make pizza from scratch... Which is a PITA when I don't feel like cooking.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
Bus Crazy

i put in a bout 5 years at my local pizza hut. I was in highschool still and was in the whole commercial cooking courses. took 5 years of courses in highschool lol. last 2 years i took 2 courses a semester of it! in the process i had the safe food handling and a bunch of other courses to. (heck i even made it to provincials for skills canada!) so back to the point is the stuff i saw happening in the local pizza hut changed drastically as i progressed through my schooling. buy the end it was one of the most cleanest and healthiest kitchens i know of in town!

Also you can clean the kitchen and equipment and sanitize all you want but if you hire slobs for employees it wont make a lick of difference. I know a few local people that soon as they start working at a food establishment it just goes DOWNHILL from there. One lady is of a larger size and as she was making subs she would lean over the counter (short lady to) she would pretty much lay on the toppings of the make table. One time i saw a guy say wtf to her and walked out.

lol gonna kick myself for this but it brought up the good old time memories.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #13
Bus Geek

Unfortunately, when the heath department inspects a restaurant, they don''t watch the workers for bad habits, they just look at the kitchen itself. The kitchen of the local Dominos is clean. We can see it from the front counter (one reason we bought pizza there). But if the staff is "dirty" than it doesn't matter how clean the kitchen is. We have folks who work other restaurants in town that come and eat off our food cart. They all say we have the cleanest "kitchen" in town! All I know for sure is that our HD guy likes our cart and our methods. In NM either you pass inspections or you fail. There is no "grading". So a place that barely passes gets a green sticker just like the perfect scored kitchen does and you never know the difference.