Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Frugal Tip & Recipe Link: What's Cookin

Since one of the ways we are financing our bus build is by NOT spending money on other things, like going to movies and/or buying DVDs or eating out, I thought I would share the following website.

http://www.whatscookin.proboards.com/ This website is rather large and varied. Lots of good recipes on it. The copycat section has recipes that I have not found anywhere else. Has a section onhow to make your own cookbook, camping recipes which are more for the "cooking over the campfire" crowd. A nice selection of Cooking for 2 recipes, Freeze Ahead for those like us who think security is a full freezer, which kinda goes along with the large batch recipes for groups, and the ever popular Jar Mixes which can also be packed into ziplock freezer bags as "convenience" or "box mix" foods. There is a microwave recipe section as well as a Turbo Cooker Recipes/Convection Oven/Toaster Oven Recipes which is unusual.

As for the movies... I love movies. Even better than watching in the cool darkness of a theater, with the accompanying high admission prices, overpriced snacks, sticky floors and funny smelling seats is to watch a movie for a lower price. I signed up for Redbox's emails and almost every weekend I'm getting either 50˘ off or either one or two movie rentals (must use by Sunday of that weekend). Last week was 50˘ off a single rental. So I reserved "Cloud Atlas" online (missed it on an earlier try) and walked across the street to pick it up. Sometimes I get free movie rentals. There is a Redbox just across the street from where we stay. I have used the Redboxes in various states. I can rent a movie in one state and return it in another state. Very handy. When traveling, I can even sit inside the bus, go online, peruse the Redbox at the location I'm at, see what is available at that particular Redbox, rent it online and that way, I know the movie is ready and waiting for me to pick it up. I've had more than one movie rented by the person standing in front of me!

So combining a copycat of a favourite "restaurant" meal and/or dessert with the luxury of watching a movie while we eat is nice to us. And we save a lot of money over eating at a restaurant plus theater movie.

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote