Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2006, 10:27 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Fuel question

This was probly mentioned some place already, but I could not find it.

Any how hear goes. I have a 36 foot long Thomas IH with an mv404 gas motor. Any guess on what kind of milage I could expect? Had to ask now that Earth first wierdos have made this the only country in the world that can not use its own natural resorces, causing the gas prices to raise.

Dont get me wrong I like the earth, it would just be nicer if we were not the only developed nation actuly making sacrifices. {sorry short rant}

himem777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:34 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

14 gallons of gas yesterday cost me £59 ($105 US).
What are you complaining about?

I thought like you, until I moved over here in 2004. The huge jump in fuel prices now is caused by China. In it's quest to grow, it is paying top dollar for oil, and for anything else it needs. Over 1,000 new cars are sold in Bejing every day. Add to that the fact that the US hasn't built any refineries in decades, and that EPA regulations require different blends of fuel for each market, and you can see where the costs add up.
Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:17 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66
Re: Fuel question

Quote:
Originally Posted by himem777
<snip>. . .Had to ask now that Earth first wierdos have made this the only country in the world that can not use its own natural resorces, causing the gas prices to raise. . .it would just be nicer if we were not the only developed nation actuly making sacrifices. {sorry short rant}
Man, that's a soap box I try to stay off, too! I'm not opposed to hugging a tree either, but KNOWING that the U.S. has enough resources to support itself INDEPENDENTLY and can't touch them due to the lobbyists and greedy politicians really tears my shirt! (Quick, hide my soap box! )