Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2020, 07:01 AM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
What the hell? Someone tries to research.. what personal info is asked for? None itís all generic about what someone uses their bus for. You arenít putting down your SS and license number or even your GPS coordinates.. if you donít want to give your bus stats thatís fine then donít.. but really? Not everything in this world is a conspiracy!!!!
I'm not too worried about the personal information, I'm a government employee and I own a smart phone. They have all that info they want. It's more about the government oversite that comes down the pipeline from some innocent information gathering like this. This skirts the edge of what my brothers thesis was about. The gathering of information for specific use inside a corporation and how that information eventually made it's way to marketing where it was never intended to go. I can totally see this innocent gathering of information being twisted and manipulated to further an agenda that it was not collected to help. It's happened before, it'll happen again. How is it, do you think, that I can spend some time looking at bestusedtires.com, than go over to a news article and the popup adds imbedded in the article just happen to be for bestusedtires.com? It's all about information that I allowed to be collected that gets used for purposes I did not intend, but inadvertently gave permission for.

JackE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:17 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
and so? dont like it throw your smart phone away and get a flipper. or get on a pay phone with a phone book and call people.. this is the information age.. people collect data.. I dont let it bother me..

yep I sat with a buddy in a pizza joint night and he asked me how I liked my truck.. i said it sucked and im ready for a new one.. no more chevy.. gonna get a ford or a dodge.. he said same thing.. neither of us had searched online for new trucks.. just we had our phones laying there on the table.. sure enough when i got in the bus and fired up the laptop, and logged into my yahoo email, the ads next to it were for super hot deals on new ram trucks... coincidence? nah.. but really our info is everywhere..

rather than try and stop it for everyone if you dont like the info spread then dont use equipment which gathers and spreads information...

I love the fact this information highway is in 6th gear with boost pressure at 25! .. I can say "OK google start my bus".. or "hey siri where is my gladiator"..

the fact an acquaintence left an ipad laying on a table at a coffee house and we could track it to some dumb ass stole it and took it home...

dont want the kid to know about your bus anbd habits? then simply CLOSE YOUR BROWSER!! simple done..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:25 PM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
.... no more chevy.. gonna get a ford or a dodge....
I'd like to give the Ram with the 392 a go and see if it impresses me. Let me know what you think if you drive one. I promise not to record the data you share anywhere...Ö.
JackE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 06:24 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by melspippin View Post
Hello!

I'm doing some LCA modeling (life cycle assessment) about the carbon intensity of school bus conversions. If you have any information on:

Number of people in your bus?

How far do you drive/year in your school bus?

Do you have a solar panel or not?

How much electricity you use on a daily basis? (w/without solar)

How much water you use on a daily basis?

How much propane do you use for heating on a daily basis?

Any other consumption information you know of

If this post belongs somewhere else, please let me know, just joined the website!

The entire "Carbon" issue is pseudo-scientific BS. Sounds like this "science project" is being assigned by a political science instructor.
DWJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 06:51 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Winnebago
Chassis: Ford F53
Engine: Ford Triton V-10
Rated Cap: currently 2
It's not the unwanted marketing that worries me... It's what the mind-reading inter-dimensional coconuts that live under the surface of the moon and control our thoughts would do with this kind of data.
Sehnsucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #26
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 3126b 210hp
Rated Cap: 48
Iím with Jack!

And just cuz Iím paranoid, doesnít mean theyíre not following me. 🙃
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electricity, propane, research, solar, water