Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International RE
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Meritocracy is racist.
"I don't care what skin color you are." -racist

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Libertarianism is racist.
"I'm against the initiation of force." - racist

RIGHT. /s

Old 06-02-2020, 09:12 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
again- the powers that be are absolutely tickled pink that folks are talking about partisan politics instead of 100k+ dead americans.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:22 AM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON View Post
EXACTLY. I try to stay out of such discussions, but these incidents are being made into racial issues when it is a tyranny issue. No one deserves to be treated like that, but I really don't think the guy's race had anything to do with it.

Before anyone starts throwing stones, blood is red, no matter what color you are. And, as someone else has said here recently, a Richard is a Richard. Regardless of what color you are or where you're from. And has anyone here had a bus act any differently because you painted it a different color? Doubtful... A good bus is a good bus, no matter what color it is, and a POS bus is a POS bus, no matter what color it is. Same with people.

SNIP...
I'm sure you're probably a decent person at heart --
What this comes off as is desperately trying to hang onto your white privilege...

Death by police force is the leading cause of death for black men in America
Read that a couple more times till it sinks in...

Simple question for you: Would you like to be treated like a black person for the rest of your life?

The Murder Bus
Old 06-02-2020, 09:27 AM   #24
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
again- the powers that be are absolutely tickled pink that folks are talking about partisan politics instead of 100k+ dead americans.
Yes, but the 'rona is the only one here who isn't prejudiced...

The Murder Bus
Old 06-02-2020, 09:49 AM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by banman View Post
What this comes off as is desperately trying to hang onto your white privilege...

Simple question for you: Would you like to be treated like a black person for the rest of your life?
Actually a recent study by the University of Michigan says its number six cause of death is by cop. You make it number one by combining all other homicides.
Really? White privilege? I must have been away when they handed out those coupons.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #26
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 View Post
Actually a recent study by the University of Michigan says its number six cause of death is by cop. You make it number one by combining all other homicides.
This ^^^ This narrative exists only to spread hatred and resentment.

6th is extraordinarily high, but to try and take a figure like that to the exclusion of all other factors is dishonest and misleading. Going a step further, lumping in all homicides and pretending that's cops doing it, that is INTENT to mislead.

How many of those dead-by-cop were armed in the process of committing a felony? How many resisted arrest or fled? How many of them had prior violent offenses? They don't care to control for other factors because it undermines their ability to infer the cause from their ideology. Every problem in the world is caused by [ideological cause], and the solution to every problem in the world is [their ideology]. Classical cult-like behavior, complete with witch hunts for reeeeecists and reeeeecism.

This would be relatively harmless if it wasn't fomenting hatred and resentment of people here and one's neighbor in general.

Quote:
Yes, it is actually homicide that is the leading cause. Care to guess the racial patterns of the perpetrators? Nope! INTENT to mislead.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #27
Bus Geek

I've literally wept watching this country go down the toilet. Party politics aren't the answer.
Unity, solidarity, and a real sense of community are what we need. Not divisiveness.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:04 AM   #28
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 View Post
Really? White privilege? I must have been away when they handed out those coupons.
You and I got the "coupon" whether we wanted it or not...

In an age of information, ignorance is a choice...
If you're actually interested in how systemic racism works and how you and I have benefited from it even though neither of us agree with it, or want it...

I offer the following two reads --"White Fragility, Waking Up White, or read one of the many other books or articles that are available to help you understand systemic racism...

The Murder Bus
Old 06-02-2020, 10:07 AM   #29
Bus Crazy

Quote:
If you're actually interested in how systemic racism works and how you and I have benefited from it even though neither of us agree with it, or want it...
Toxic dogma.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:13 AM   #30
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazetsukai View Post
This ^^^ This narrative exists only to spread hatred and resentment.

6th is extraordinarily high, but to try and take a figure like that to the exclusion of all other factors is dishonest and misleading. Going a step further, lumping in all homicides and pretending that's cops doing it, that is INTENT to mislead.

How many of those dead-by-cop were armed in the process of committing a felony? How many resisted arrest or fled? How many of them had prior violent offenses? They don't care to control for other factors because it undermines their ability to infer the cause from their ideology. Every problem in the world is caused by [ideological cause], and the solution to every problem in the world is [their ideology]. Classical cult-like behavior, complete with witch hunts for reeeeecists and reeeeecism.

This would be relatively harmless if it wasn't fomenting hatred and resentment of people here and one's neighbor in general.

Yes, it is actually homicide that is the leading cause. Care to guess the racial patterns of the perpetrators? Nope! INTENT to mislead.
Exactly! Ignore all other factors if they don't suit your narritive. INTENT to mislead.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:14 AM   #31
Bus Crazy

Quote:
You and I got the "coupon" whether we wanted it or not...

In an age of information, ignorance is a choice...

I offer the following two reads --"White Fragility, Waking Up White, or read one of the many other books or articles that are available to help you understand systemic racism...
Did you just assume that I'm white?
Old 06-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #32
Bus Crazy

P.S.
"Ignorance is a choice"
So once again, if someone doesn't agree start calling names.
Well that's it for me
Stay safe all
Oscar out.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:28 AM   #33
Bus Geek

Guys lets all try and get along. We're better than partisan bickering.
We do still have a common enemy to be fighting right now. And that enemy doesn't care about skin color, education, or political affiliation.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:45 AM   #34
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: International 3800
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
White privilege... GTFO with that nonsense.

In the great US of A, blacks, whites, reds, yellows, browns, blues, we are ALL governed by the same rule of law, and are provided and afforded the same liberties and abilities to pursue success.

If you're not successful, it's your own fault. Period. You, and only you, made your choices. Not me, not Tom, dick, or harry. Not even whitey. If you've the opinion you're being suppressed or oppressed, it's your own fault.

Life isn't fair. There are winners and their are losers and that outcome is decided by you and only you, despite what anyone else has told you, or led you to believe. Simple truth. Simple fact.

No.one owes you anything. Period. You reap the rewards off the effort you exert by your own hand. Not that of another.

Newsflash: if your white, black, yellow, blue, whatever, and you have an encounter with law enforcement: be polite, courteous, kind, and most of all, cooperative. If you're these things, and you've done no wrong, possess nothing illegal, and have nothing to hide, guess what? You'll live to tell the tale. If you're disrespectful, disobedient, and make an ass out of yourself, you can expect the treatment that goes with that behavior.

An ounce of prevention prevents a pound of cure. Opt to not break the law, and you too will find you've not got to worry about law enforcement. Whether your white, black, red, yellow, blue. It matters not.

As a white man, I've encountered racism from blacks. Even my own government discriminated against me for loans and job bids because of the color of my skin.

Guess what? I sucked it up, made it happen with my own two hands. Just as you, and anyone else can do.

Newsflash: walking around with your pants on the ground showing everyone your **** stained, hole having draws, isn't a style. It shows you're a no class, disrespectful dumbass.

MLK Jr must be rolling in his grave. Having the courage to have fought actual injustices, demanding respect and equality... and here we have the same race calling one another bitches, hoes, niggers, et al. It's truly tragic.

But oh. Yeah. It's whiteys fault.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #35
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Claiming white privilege is an excuse non-white people use for being lazy. I have black, hispanic, and native friends who all enjoy the supposed "white privilege lifestyle because they work their arses off just like the white guys that have it. And I know plenty of white guys that don't have it because they are lazy trash.

Quote:
The leading cause of death for black men in America is heart disease. The leading cause of violent death, aka homicide, of the black male in America is the black Male.

Quote:
Years ago I drove tow a truck. I took a job to go to Detroit and pick up two cars from auction for a car lot in Wisconsin. I was driving a company truck worth about $150G with a Jag on the bed worth about $150G, and a SUV on the stinger worth about $50G. The route took me right through one of the burned out neighborhoods of Detroit. Not a white piece of skin for miles except me and my 5 year old son. One stoplight I was at there were a dozen black men warming their hands from a burn barrel on the street corner. When they saw me and my $$$ collection, they headed straight for me, several with clubs in their hands. I can only assume they were coming over to say hi and see if I needed any help. I didn't wait for the light to turn green, ran the light almost running a few of them over, and didn't stop until I was well clear of Detroit. You can tell me that wasn't racist behavior, but I won't believe you for one second!

Now to throw some new fuel on the fire, why hasn't anyone said anything about Justine Damond. She called the police to report a possible sexual assault in her neighborhood in the summer of 2017. She was shot and killed by a black police officer in Minneapolis. At her trial, he claimed self-defense. He was the passenger in the police cruiser and fired his weapon across his partner through the drivers window. There was some protesting over this incident in Minneapolis, but no the rest of the country. Protesting isn't wrong, it is a good thing. It's the rioting and looting that is the problem. There was none of this after that incident.

Can someone please explain why it's ok to commit felonious behavior when a black person is killed by a white cop, but not when a white person is killed by a black cop? I have no proof, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find Antifa being funded by the Democratic party agenda to defame the 4th year of the current presidency in attempt to destroy his chances of re-election. They have tried for 3 years to defame the man without success. His approval numbers have only risen. Until now. Between Corona unemployment numbers and now rioting in the streets of America, Trump has little chance of re-election. The current unemployment rate in the us is 14.7%, the highest level since the Great Depression. No media outlet will admit to the fact that the unemployment rate prior to Covid shut down was 3.6%, the lowest since 1973.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:16 AM   #36
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I used to believe it didnt exist.. oh wait then I started listening to my ******* father..

peeps like him that created "white privilege"... 'a colored man and a white man go to work together.. the white man will get more done.. i'd hire him first'.. regardless of who really works the hardest.. he'd never even give the black man a chance to show whether he would or wouldnt work as hard.. we can discount him as a racist.. yet in the end any black man that had no idea who he was comes up a gainst a white man to get a job is going to lose.. just because he is black.. not because of credentials, not because of anything else.. **THATS** white privilege..

I still like to believe in the America where anyone can make somethiung of themselves.. and lots of black men and women have done just that.. HOWEVER ltos of potentials have been shunned simply because a white man stood next them in line for the opportunity..

the ONLY way to remove white privilege is to make sure that the black man gets his fair chance... and as long as there are people who would choose a white man over a black man just because the white man is white.. there will be white privilege..

its unfortunately generational.. with deep roots.. im 51 years old.. as soon ago as when my parents were adults, black and white people had to use separate restrooms, busses, etc... thats VERY RECENT..

ive unfortunately had to see racism first hand.. to a small extent Ive lived it being an Out gay man.. but as a gay man I can hide it if I need to.. a black man cant.. and he shouldnt have to.. even with all the legal protections against discrimination it happens.. and it happens big-time.. dont see it? then your blinders are on..

I realize im an Out-lier here because im a city Boy through and through... downtowns are where i spend 90% of my time.. I watch it, see it, talk to people... I once didnt believe in white privilege or Racism.. I thought those were old things from the 1950s and before... How wrong I was......
Old 06-02-2020, 11:46 AM   #37
Bus Geek

can't help but notice some of the folks really eager to get into politics are newer members who have joined in the last few months.
The rest of us have met in person a lot of the time and thus things stay more civil. Just an observation.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #38
Bus Crazy

My apologies -- I did indeed misspeak -- did not convey very well at all what I meant -- it happens...

This is the chart I was thinking of regarding rate of death during a police encounter...

It's an example of white privilege where the outcome is death for the non-white...

Click image for larger version

Name:	F1.large.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	45237

The Murder Bus
Old 06-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #39
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Risk analysis vs what the actual data provides are two entirely different animals.

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20200602-121626_Chrome.jpg  
Old 06-02-2020, 01:15 PM   #40
Bus Geek

About 1 in 1000 black men and boys in America can expect to die at the hands of police. That risk is 2.5 times higher than for white males.

Which of course is ridiculously high across the board.

We just are expected to accept that situation!

Like thousands of deaths from Covid every day

has become "the new normal."
Closed Thread