Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2004, 10:13 PM   #1
Skoolie

Hello!

Just wanted to say a quick hi to all!

A quicky bit about me: I have been interested in getting my own conversion since high school and have decided that like getting my first horse, I'm just gonna do it. My wish to camp more plus wanting to attend some out of state horse clinics also pushed me into looking for something bigger than a duelie to tow a horse trailer. So I'm absorbing all I can from previous postings, then I'll order some books.

Though I wanna pay a couple of bills off first, I do have my eye on a bus on the florida church bus website. I reside in the lower so.calif deserts/mountains far enough from the city to enjoy the Milky way in my backyard. I also am owned by two cats

Hope everyone is doing very well!

Blessings
PG

----------------
1990 International Ward Volunteer "Fantastic Voyage"
pangaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:28 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Hi and welcome; glad you found us out here in cyberspace! Lots of good stuff lurking here in the pages of Skoolie.net; feel free to ask questions if you don't find what you're after.

Are you thinking of hauling a horse trailer with your bus or converting the back portion of the bus to a horse hauler?

Skoolie.net Gallery
Illusion's SmugMug site
Les Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:23 AM   #3
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Lampman
Hi and welcome; glad you found us out here in cyberspace! Lots of good stuff lurking here in the pages of Skoolie.net; feel free to ask questions if you don't find what you're after.

Are you thinking of hauling a horse trailer with your bus or converting the back portion of the bus to a horse hauler?
Thanks, Les!

As to the hauling, I was only going to pull a horse trailer. While I love my horsey, that's just too much close for me! Horses are gassy animals like cows... and poop like crazy. I might construct some holders for portable fencing that's availible.

Speaking of hauling, how much can most buses haul? I'm thinking of something about 25-30 feet long with at least a 8.2L with AT545. Is that not enough/just right?

whatta think?
----------------
1990 International Ward Volunteer "Fantastic Voyage"
pangaia is offline   Reply With Quote