Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Engine: MBE926210
Rated Cap: 31
Help!

Hello Skoolie Family! I'm in a bit of a pickle. Tomorrow morning, I'm going back to Baltimore to pick up my car. This was the morning that my "friend" who let me use his property to build my bus decided he no longer wanted me or the bus on his property. From his words, I just wasn't building the bus a quickly as he had hoped/anticipated. I got the feeling he was trying to make my project his project, but there is no use in going into minute details. If anyone has any ideas about a place I could rent to keep my bus while I build it, or even someone with the space who would allow me to stay there (and pay my way) while I build the bus, I would be eternally grateful. I'm currently in Lime Ridge, WI, a stones throw west of Madison. Any info could provide would be greaatly appreciated. Thank you!

Choc Lesnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:59 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 3126b 210hp
Rated Cap: 48
Some of us rent a parking spot at RV storage places.
I am at an RV campground that has a storage area off to the side. Not all storage facilities allow this. You just have to ask.

I’ve always thought that if you are close to rural areas, where ppl have large properties, you could stop and ask ppl if they want to make a little extra money. Can I park my bus over there by your barn? Pay 6 months in advance so he/she can see the value of it.

Having one electrical outlet is huge. I used a generator until I got my solar up and running.

Good luck, [emoji3522]
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:59 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Almost every RV storage place will have a policy that says no building or fixing etc etc.. ie store and wash OK.. buy you take a tour and look at the condition of vehicles stored and right away you can get an idea of they care or not.. mine has policy against it yet everyone is always building or repairing vehicles. Some are trashed and likely abandoned (except the rent gets paid).. they’ve never said a word to me for working in there.. you just have to get a feel..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:00 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Almost every RV storage place will have a policy that says no building or fixing etc etc.. ie store and wash OK.. buy you take a tour and look at the condition of vehicles stored and right away you can get an idea of they care or not.. mine has policy against it yet everyone is always building or repairing vehicles. Some are trashed and likely abandoned (except the rent gets paid).. they’ve never said a word to me for working in there.. you just have to get a feel..
True, but then someone doesn't like you and complains and the landlord sides with their old buddy who has been there for 5 years, not this newcomer kid making a mess and stinking up the place with his junk bus...
I strongly advise you get it in writing you can work on your bus.
I even had a landlord for my big boat say I can work it, and then change his mind, and I even sued him over it, which didn't get to court because he used a fake name and his business was also illegal..so run away from jerk-owned places, the kind typical of breaking the rules and having junk around..
BeNimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:48 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Well for one you don’t make a mess...

All my point was is that you are very unlikely to get any endorsement from any kind of RV lot..

Private owner you rent a patch of yard from is more likely.

Doing a roof raise or leaving tools / materials scattered around the bus isn’t something I’d do I’m any RV lot..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote