Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Chassis: BlueBird
Engine: 3126
Rated Cap: 54
Help I think I tripped an alarm?!

I was cleaning my bus, had the hatches open and the emergency windows, also played with the lock on the box for the rear door, has a short cylinder key like a bike lock, just pulls out the lock cylinder...I turned the ignition key into the acc position and instead of the clonk of the relay I heard a buzzer, pulled the key and the horns start going off like an alarm.

now when I turn it on it beeps annoyingly and when I turn it off the horns sound like an alarm, the rear dome lights are on as to indicate something there?? I feel like an idiot but does anyone know how to resolve this? I also have 2 little mail box like keys that came with it...

Sorry I know that are other posts about the interlock system, I feel like I made sure everything is shut tight. I pulled the plugs to the horns so it's quiet but mainly worried I messed something up with the box on the back door...

nightfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

It sounds as if you found the no child left behind switch.

Put all of the locks back into the run position and then disconnect the battery. That should reset everything.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Why not try replacing everything one at a time and see if the buzz goes away? I've never heard of tripping an alarm like that but I know in my bus there are two "buzzers" on both the circuit board and one under the wheel. One is attached to the back door, one the emergency hatch, and one is for the ACC position before you start the engine.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I'd guess that you left the back door barrel lock in the locked position. That old fashioned barrel bolt has a switch inside of the box near the back door. Put all door locks in the unlocked position and make sure you're hatches are latched properly.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

I did go thru it 1 by one, all the buzzers sound and go off as I open and close the emergency windows, hatches, back door. I turned the key back past the lock position and everything goes off and is fine, just can't pull the key.

Narrowed it down to the main front door is what trips it. In the lock position I pull the key, everything is fine except the red 'pilot' light is on and the rear 4 dome lights, then I open the front door and the horn alarm goes off.
Everything works as should (didn't try and start it) except in the position I pull the key. I guess I can disconnect the battery and see what happens.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
Bus Geek

It sounds like the lift door warning if the lights are coming on back there.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
Look for a button around the last row of seats. Mine was on the wall about eye level and looked like a door bell.
That will silence it. It will go off every time you turn the ignition off until it's silenced, disabled with the key, or removed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

I went thru all the documents and manuals that came with the bus this morning and behold I found one that says The Child Reminder Model CR2A...

I guess to avoid drivers having the kids press the button in the back for them, it's designed like a car alarm, this forces them to actually go to the back after turning the bus off and opening the rear door, otherwise the alarm goes off. Guess I didn't do the procedure correct...this will be the first thing that gets ripped out. The only thing that has me scratching my head is why it didn't do any of this when I brought the bus home. I stopped a few times and just exited without the alarm going off...maybe I started it by opening the doors and hatches?!?
Old 05-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #9
Bus Crazy

Mine has a key that turns the system off. It was disabled already.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:31 AM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Where was yours located to turn it off with the key? I have 2 keys I don't know what they go to.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Wouldn't that be a booger if we've all been disabling the interlock system the wrong way?
Old 05-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #12
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfury View Post
Where was yours located to turn it off with the key? I have 2 keys I don't know what they go to.
There was a box mounted to the wall next to the driver's seat. There is a green power light and a barrel key. I will try and see if I have it still. It was one of the first things to go. I was 100% sure of what it was and it was an easy removal (I don't have any sort of interlock)