Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
in most jurisdictions, the local law enforcement agency (County Sheriff) can't act on a civil situation with out some sort of court order.
This situation sounds like a civil problem. (civil as opposed to criminal law)
I'd refer the friend to a local lawyer. Maybe ask the lawyer to send the land owner a letter threatening further action if needed. Getting a letter sent should only cost a little $.
Following through with litigation could cost quite a bit more.

BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:02 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Without a court hearing and judge order there is no. "Eviction"

You can't just throw someone off your property on a whim.
orangebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:26 PM   #43

Simply put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktari View Post
Well, my friend and his friend have a conundrum. They have 3 RE buses on private land belonging to a uncooperative land owner. They bought the buses but the buses were not removed before the new land owner moved in. The buses need minor work before being driveable. The person who lived there originally and sold them got ill and was evicted from the property by the new owner. The new owner is acting like a jerk and uncooperative and has apparently filed in Arizona to claim the buses. Is there any hope to retrieve his buses or is it a lost cause?. I dont know much about legalities. It’s dragged on for months with my friend waiting for the ill person to resolve this but my friend is going to try and take matters into his own hands. He contacted the sheriff and sheriff said he would talk to the new owner but never did so. Apparently the sheriff is a uncooperative also. I dont know Arizona law. Maybe someone here knows more or a loophole that might help. Thanks

If your friend has the titles registered or even a bill of sale he can legally tow the busses from the property. If there is a fence or any other obstruction to prevent the tow... they can totally be removed as well however any damage will need to be paid to the new land owner. I had this issue with a mobile home I had for rent years back. My tenants were evicted by the park and they forced me to have the mobile home moved. Then they said if the current lot lease wasn’t paid out I could not move the home nor have anyone occupy the home. They even went as far as telling all movers who came to move the home if they moved my home they would not be allowed to move any other homes on or off the property. Great I said. I’m a transporter so moving crap is what I do. I hired a company out of state to move the home on a Sunday when they were not around. This company could obviously stand a lifetime ban from the property. I have a truck headed out to CO right now that can tow them out but it’s not gonna be cheap. All I’m saying is you have to be shady when others cast shade on you.
Desmondgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:53 PM   #44
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp6saz View Post
Go to vermont with bill of sale and title. Register each bus for 1 year as motorhomes... this makes it your home. Then get a tow truck to retrieve your broken down registered home of this guy's property. Vermont had bo residency rules anyone anywhere can register a bus as a motorhome with no pictures no painting just a title and or bill of sale if required. I beleive after 15 years you don't need nor will you receive a title from Vermont just a transferable registration. You do need a paper from local police starting mileage and vin# are correct.
OP's friends don't have titles, only bills of sale.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:27 PM   #45

Where in Arizona?
azdave85650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:39 PM   #46
Skoolie

In some states the laws for "abandoned vehicles" do not allow a none commercial property owner to charge storage fees or file for title on a vehicle left on their private none commercial property.

The vehicle must be towed to the side of the road off the private property for removal by a towing company or vehicle owner with the property owner receiving no compensation for storage or scrap. The property owner does not have the legal right to junk or sell the vehicle for scrap in these instances. An example is the State of Texas unless they have recently changed their laws regarding abandoned vehicles.

As stated earlier you need know the laws in Arizona and what your rights to your property and the rights of the property owner upon which your vehicle is stored/abandoned!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:48 PM   #47
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird, Collins
Chassis: G30 Bluebird Microbird, E350 Shuttle Bus
Engine: 1995 Chevrolet 350, 1992 Ford 460
Sorry about the delay but a compromise resolution occurred at last. The new property owner asked for $1500 and they settled on $600 cash on the barrel. My friend wrote out a agreement and they signed. He has a month to get the vehicles off the property.
So cash greased the wheels. I don’t like he had to pay but he just wanted to get it done. He’s allowed to work on the buses to get them ready so that’s one advantage of doing it this way. No tow truck expenses hopefully.
One bus might get stripped of the rebuilt engine, windshield, and some other parts and left for the property owner to scrap. The wheels need to remain on that bus.
Thanks for the input.
Doktari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:35 PM   #48

It's not worth the stress.

Buses are everywhere write it off as a loss and go find a new bus!
thebrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:46 AM   #49
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
Glad to hear a resolution has been reached. Best of luck to your friends.
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:12 AM   #50
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Tc2000
The land owner becomes owner of left items.
Remember the old saying, "Possession is 9 10th of the law."
NavyVet is offline   Reply With Quote