Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2004, 10:28 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via MSN to David G. Send a message via Yahoo to David G.
how many window posts can i take out?

i want to take out some windows and put the rv style in,how many window posts can i take out in a row safely? and i would like to hear from anyone who has taken 2 bus seats and faced them toward each other to make a dineing area/bed.....what are the mesurements and how did you work the table top????? thanks for any help....

Old 08-04-2004, 06:25 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International
Engine: 345 IH gas
Rated Cap: 66 passenger
Greetings,
In order to put the windows in mine, I only had to remove one for each window. I did install a 1 1/2 square tube header and footer between the posts that stayed so I don't think I lost any amount of strength. If you removed two or three, it would probably have an affect on rollover strength, but side impact would probably not suffer much. Also, most autos and regular pickups would impact below floor level!

I love your tag line.......I feel the same way as I rode a bus for most of my years of going to school thru all kinds of weather.
I only remember a handfull of breakdowns where we didn't make it in the one we started in.
I also remember field trips of up to 6 hours one way.
Those were usually in the summer, but I don't remember it being all that hot on those!
https://www.pettypb.com/bus
Vern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 11:43 PM   #3

i faced two of my bus seats to make a table (no bed) and it works great.
as far as making it in to a table bed it would not be hard.
you can buy a table bracket it is a 2 peice type one on the table and one on the wall and they connect togther. use a rv pole mount for the end of table. just make the table as wide as the gap between the seats then use the steel tubing on the bottom of the seat to attach a bracket to hold it in position. if using for adult to sleep in i think you will have to have a very wide table. my table is 30"x38" good luck!
jpatt is offline   Reply With Quote