Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2019, 08:27 AM   #1

How much is my bus worth?

I have a 2003 bluebird diesel pusher conversion. I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea what I could sell it for if we decide to. I was also considering traiding it for an RV. The people we got it from have a facebook page descring the work they have done. Look up buzzzilla and the adventure family.

TMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Not enough info in your request to give you a $#.
Engine size, transmission model, mileage, pics...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:32 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: CAT 3126
Hard to get a full sense from FB. You should take your own pics and do a write up of the features and specs.

From FB it looks like a serious build though. Still not enough info, and frankly even with all info it is very much about how much the market will bear and finding the right buyer. It is a little disheartening that you purchased and are trying to immediately unload it. Anecdotally the amount you paid is probably at least some indication of what someone would pay. Are you worried you got taken for a ride and are trying to gauge the opinion of the community?

If so, be careful because the default group opinion in a community of DIYers will generally be that you paid too much because we all chose to do stuff ourselves because of frugality.

It is super hard to properly value a skoolie. It really comes down to whether or not you trust the builder and if what they built is a good fit for you, along with mechanical considerations factored in.

People who do this are often working outside of their areas of expertise, so a lot of labor can sometimes still add up to amateur results.

But some do very good work. It can be hard to know the difference.

Based on FB it looks like the builders were above average in their ability, but impossible to really know from glancing at a few pics.

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/4-...ner-18205.html
david.dgeorge07 is offline   Reply With Quote