Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Idiots!

I swear RVers are idiots. Brain dead morons. No, that would be an insult to real brain dead morons.

Was lurking on an RV forum today. I refuse to log in to any of them any more... the blinding stupidity drives me nuts and I want to tell them how stupid they are. That's not allowed. Anyhoo.... this particular thread was regurgitating to same responses you will find on any forum when the topic comes up. The topic was about staying overnight in a truck stop. This is something we have done more than once. We had an okay experiance. But we were not so stupid to think that it would be a quiet night. Actually it was because I use those 3M memory foam ear plugs. They are handy to block out background noise like parking lot noise or David's snoring yet still hear things like the alarm clock, cell phone ringing or someone trying to get into the bus. So what do these fools post... " truck stops are noisy". REALLY? What morons.

And then they say things like "find a city park to spend the night in". How do you find one of these city parks? Why you ask a local. Which kinda hinders things when you are planning a trip and woukd like to stay in these city parks, many of which are free for the first night AND you get water/electric hookups included in that free site. Stupid morons! If you are ever inclined to stay in a free/cheap city park, I suggest that you invest in the Free and Cheap Campgrounds directory that applies to your region. This directory, combined with the Ultimate Public Campgrounds Project website, is how we have found many great campground to stay in overnight

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Idiots!

You should encourage these people to "ask locals" that way those who are smart enough to plan ahead will already be there when the mouth-breathers arrive.
Also you should start a website to freely distribute as much silly and inane information as you can. It seems obvious that you have a steady supply of "moronic advice" to draw from and with a bit of rewording you should not be caught stealing their info. Although I am sure the lack of brainpower would hinder most of them from realizing the plagiarism has occurred, you do want to be sure that the freak offspring who mutates a few brain cells doesn't point it out. You should never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

It really is about perspective here: You are bothered by the morons handing out dumb advice to otherwise reasonable people. If they are not morons as well they will check the logic. If they do not, then they really deserve whatever problems crop up. I call it the "Stupid Tax"

And please remember that as dumb as our society is getting all around us, we do not have to join the decline. You have the right to disengage and say "I will not participate in today's activities"

Oh and just for the record I am forced on a near daily basis to ask "WTF is wrong with people?"
So I do feel your pain!!
Malkieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkieri
Oh and just for the record I am forced on a near daily basis to ask "WTF is wrong with people?"
So I do feel your pain!!
Are you a "retail drone" also?

Sometimes I get irritated far too easily. Can I blame that on menopause too? I seem to blame everything on menopause... including the weather.

But really! "Truckstops are noisy!" What a surprise. That's like complaining about water because it is wet.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
Bus Geek

I think I go to two of those sights just so I realize that the idiots I work with are actually "smart" somehow
Questions that are asked have me yelling at the screen how stupid are you ...really? is it okay to dump my tanks on a side street?...WTF????..nonononononono...NO!!

how can I tell if my brake lights are working?...really?...for real??..look at them while the pedal is depressed...arghhh

so
on that note.....

gotta go sand more...chow
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkieri
So I do feel your pain!!
Are you a "retail drone" also?
Nope, sorry I am not a retail drone..been there, done that, paid the resulting therapy bills but didn't keep the t-shirt..... it is worse, I make and sell my own glassware and such on the internet and occasionally at shows or events.
Malkieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Bus Nut

*Dresses up in a suit*

*Overly sleazy smirk a la Mayhem*

Hi. I'm an overloaded stix-n-staples RV hauling an expensive luxury vehicle on a dolly. The open storage compartments are YOUR problem now.

[/true story]

Dog is my copilot. As I have no dog, I have no flight plan.

"If all porkchops were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs!" -Steven Universe
Das Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

I refer you to my signature:

"I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn."

p.s. I simply love Mr. "Mayhem."
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote