Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2021, 11:18 PM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Chevy C60
Engine: unknown... really!
Rated Cap: 69
I've lived ft in #TheBarbieDreambus since 1998, but for years I mostly stayed in the closet about my alternative lifestyle, because people seemed to think I was experiencing some kind of homelessness crisis... until a friend told me that Instagram was full of other people also living in converted school busses. So I started checking it out a little here and there, not really posting anything myself... until I discovered the hashtag #skooliecats . Then it was all over! I love seeing pictures of other cats living in busses, and posting pictures of my little furballs in my bus!!! That's all I bother looking at. Cats in busses.
See also hashtag #buscats .
Endless hours of entertainment. ;)

katix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 11:35 PM   #42
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
I'd have an active YouTube channel in a second...if I could figure out how those folks do it! I seem to be so wrapped up in getting things done that I don't video it. And when I do...it sits in the can (see how old I am...canned film rolls?!). A couple of weeks ago, I made a concerted effort to video a bus rescue day. I drove to NM with the starter from my bus to put it in a guy's bus...on loan...to get him home. I shot video of the drive there, a description of what I was doing, the process of removing a DD blower intake and replacing a starter...and then never seemed to have time to put it together, because the next day was the next project.

It definitely doubles the time to do a task, if I'm making video recordings of it at the same time. And, frankly, I don't have twice enough time to do anything. Respect to those who can.

Someday, my kids will find all that and put it out there...maybe.

Thanks to those who have made videos I enjoyed or learned from, kudos to those who make the time to do that, and understanding to those who don't share all.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #43
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Chassis: ThomasBuilt 30'
Engine: need someone to tell me
Rated Cap: me + 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
I've never seen a picture of your closet.

LOL
kidharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:47 PM   #44
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazetsukai View Post
It is an error to project yourself and your way of thinking onto others, I promise you this is very much incorrect. For better or for worse in both cases.

That is not even close to what he did. Recognizing a pattern of behavior across a large cohort does not imply universality, this is a strawman.

Recognition of nuance is largely absent from online conversation... perverse incentive structures heavily favor approval seeking behavior over truth or reason.

What did you say??
Old 08-20-2021, 03:09 AM   #45
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteoty View Post
What could be easier than sending a text message?)

talking or writing
Old 08-21-2021, 07:17 AM   #46
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Chevy V-8 Vortec
I have to disagree. I'm no hipster at 52 either. I think these are great platforms. Looking at old pictures in albums and boxes full of memories of the past sometimes I wish there was more and certainly more old videos which were scarce depending on how far back you go. Now with YouTube it's so easy to upload a video of your hike or sub floor build and in the future I think it will be great to go back and watch these "moving pictures" as my great grandfather would call them. I guess it depends on how long before You Tube decides they can not store anymore.
I know there is the whole thing of "My Channel" dreams where people also look to make money off of the videos they post through adds etc. but I don't think this is a bad thing. If you love hiking and you record one on video then post it so others can view it and Google pays you for advertising then cha ching.
I will say that instagram is a different beast and very misleading.
Basecamp70 is offline   Reply With Quote