Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Skoolie

Re: Into The Wild (The Movie)

Oh come on...you're going to get me all teary eyed. Hey, if we ever head back to Alaska, you can hitch your bus to ours and we'll pull you. Well, maybe not up or down the mountains...I ain't that crazy.

josetann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
Skoolie

Upon further consideration, I must withdraw my offer to let you hitch your bus on ours on a future trip to Alaska.

What...no, nothing to do with the misunderstanding. You're welcome to come over and visit anytime.

I was just thinking...how the trip would actually pan out...then I thought about us at the Canadian border. What'd happen if they asked if we were carrying any guns, knives, or pepper spray. What'd happen to us when they looked inside your bus.

I mean, hell, they won't even let us bring in potatoes. POTATOES!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
Skoolie

I'll try to remember to watch it when I can. Place we're staying at has an internet connection so sanitized you could eat off of it. I can't even get to youtube!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 8.2 liter Detroit Diesel
Rated Cap: 66

We went to see this movie at the drive-in when it was initially released. I haven't read the book but have heard from others that have that the book and movie are not necessarily the same. So I'd actually like to get the book and see how they differ.

Regardless, the story is what captivated me. Alaska is one of those places I'd love to make it to some day, as well. Maybe I'll make the trek to the bus one day and take my picture in front of the bus, like this guy did: http://dangrec.com/?p=647.

This is definitely one of my favorite movies. I've watched it about five times and would never pass up the opportunity to see it again. And no matter how many times I see it and although I KNOW how it ends, I cry every single time.

If you are an Eddie Vedder fan (and even if you are not), the soundtrack to the movie is amazing! I love to listen to all the songs and just dream of being "free" on my own magic school bus one day, making my own journey and forging my own path in the world.

Blog: https://resurrection-fern.blogspot.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ResurrectionFernBus
Gallery: https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/v/Sko...rrection-fern/
fernmistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguy67
You're telling your age Smitty!

I refuse to admit to ever listening to Supertramp..., or the Bee Gees..., or Blue Oyster Cult..., EVER!

BOC (met Buck personally bout five years back) The Tramp, Zappa and on and on. Never cared much for the BeeGees, although I do resemble Barry Gibb in his early days. Ok maybe I had a wide lapel polyester leisure suit and some 4" heeled disco shoes. And a mullet!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

I agree with all previously mentioned artists plus:
Tangerine Dream...ELP...Steely Dan...Procal Harum...Yes...the list goes on...

@ Smitty: They sure don't make 'em like they usta!

@Vanguy67: I miss those musicians, too!

( ...and I miss not being able to play my drums anymore... )
Old 08-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

ELP - Keith was from The Nice, Greg was from King Crimson, and I don't know where Carl came from.

Since I dig bass, I think Greg's extended solo on "21st Century Schizoid Man" with King Crimson is the ultimate bass solo I have ever heard.
(And Noel Redding's bass line made "Purple Haze" for me, not Jimi's guitar.)

By the way, PBS TV is digging up live performances from various dinosaurs in order to trigger fond memories and beg money from us boomers.

Also, this summer is the 40th anniversary of the "First Annual Aquarian Age Music and Arts Festival," aka "Woodstock." How time flies.
I wanted to go but had to work. I did get to see the movie in wide-screen with quad surround sound, though.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote