Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2020, 11:52 AM   #1

Is this a good deal??? Buying a Bus HELP

Hello everyone! I am located in Ontario Canada and I am looking into buying my first bus. I have tried to research as much as I can on what to look for and have been keeping watch on various marketplaces and auctions. There does not seem to be many options in my area.

However, the local school district has busses regularly for sale and I wanted to know if these busses are a good option/ good price or if I should keep looking.

Note: I am interested in a small to midsize bus. I do not have any knowledge of mechanics so most of the information below is copy and pasted from information provided to me.

All buses from this board are maintained on a regular service schedule and all defects are repaired as needed while in service. All units come off due to an age factor. The kms on them at that time are what would reflect the territory they worked, most are 300,000 km plus. Once a bus is up for sale, they are stripped of plates / names /two way radio / alarm systems and any other company decal.

They currently have 2005 & 2006 Ford E-350 19 passenger mini bus single or a 24 passenger dual rear wheel and Ford E-340 mini buses.

Mini buses for 19 passengers have a T444E V8 diesel in the Ford E-350 model & a 6.5L V8 in the Chev 3500 series model. Both have automatic transmissions with overdrive and are single rear wheel chassis.

Wheelchair units have the T444E V8 diesel, Fords auto with overdrive, Corbeil body painted white with dark windows and a wheel chair lift in the front right corner and are a dual rear wheel chassis.

They are all between $5500 and $6500 Canadian.

Are these good busses to use for a Skoolie Conversion? Is 300,000 km too much? Is this a good price?

rebeccab08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:07 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Any bus from Ontario is likely to be extremely rusty, and those prices are pretty high (I know you listed CAD). After that, the ones with the T444Es are probably the only ones you'd want to consider.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:44 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
In the US the 2004 and up are 6.0 powerstrokes. Did Canada continue on with the 7.3?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:59 PM   #4

Not sure..

Thank you for your reply! I am not sure, this is all the information I was provided about the busses they have available.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
In the US the 2004 and up are 6.0 powerstrokes. Did Canada continue on with the 7.3?
Thank you for your reply! I am not sure, this is all the information I was provided about the busses they have available.

Tags
bus choice, bus purchase, purchase help